“Good value accommodation!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ko Sarai
Pushkar
“Good value accommodation!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Offering one of the lowest prices in this increasingly expensive island, I was happy to have found a bungalow at 300 Bhat. Although it wasn't sea-facing or very isolated it was perfectly adequate for my stay in Koh Lipe. At the end of the main beach, near the boat landing and close to Walking Street with its numerous shops and restaurants. The room was clean and spacious enoughand the bathroom in good working order. I enjoyed having my little veranda too. Good breakfast available in the restaurant.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Thai first
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Daya resort is located on less crwoded side of Pattaya beach. This is the only beach front bungalow that costs 1,000baht per night. The room is acceptable, I mean, what can we expect for this price anyway. The staffs are otherwise very unfriendly and lack of service mind. No towel change unless you go to ask for it. food is not so good as well. (BBQ is ok, other menus,not so much). No website you can make a reservation. the only way is to call and this is the only phone number available +66 85 0802087

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank M-Monthly
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 5 days mid-end Nov and would recommend to travellers looking for cheap basic room. 300 bhat per room per night. Fan. Cold shower. Comfortable enough bed with mosi net. At the end of pattaya beach so quiet for sunbathing in the day as long as you don't mind a short walk to the main street. No WiFi.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank English_travel
Langkawi, Malaysia
Reviewed November 10, 2012

we stayed at Daya Resort for 3 nights in early November. We where lucky to get one of the beach front bungalows, where you can sit in the shadow on the veranda under the trees. The Daya is located on the end of Pattaya Beach, where it is not so noisy as futher up. Unfortunately, the rooms need a decent cleaning. The bed are rather sub standard, our one even broke down in the middle of the night, but we fixxed it our selve the next day. The Beach BBQ with freshly catched fish was nice and reasonable priced. We enjoyed the snorkeling trip for 650 Baht pp.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JJGraf
uk
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We arrived in this beautifull Island,but we was really unlucky to find our accomodation...
the big mistake was no booking in advance,all nice hotels were fully booked,so we walk down the beach and find an accomodation on Daya resort....
We pay 1200 bath for a beach front bungalow:outside looked ok...but insede was terrible.
The bungalows was stinky and rotten,all inside was old,dirty...the bed was broken and matress you can feel springs.The bathroom was not usable cause too stinky..on the back of the bungalow have all black water coming from the near hut..even on the beach you can not stay because the wind blows this nice smell all around.
We stay one night and we left in the early morning this nightmare place,my girl didnt sleep for all the night cause scarry from bugs walking out from the toilet into the room.
A place like this is not acceptable even for 100 bath.
Stay away from this place!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the beach are old stinky and rotten!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank crish h

Travelers are raving about these Ko Sarai hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I'm giving the accommodation a 4 star based on what you get for the price which is a little over £10 a night for 2, a steal. It seems that Koh Lipe is a relatively expensive Thai island and that it's difficult to get rooms for 500 baht a night which is what I paid here (the closest, nice bungalows were just behind Pattaya beach, Billa Beach, for 700 baht. If I returned I'd probably book there, but the average seems to be 1000 baht min).

The brick bungalows are basic, with a shower-loo situation rather than a flush, which meant a few flies and ants, but this all added to the authentic/rustic charm. We had one about 20 metres from the glorious Pattaya beach and overlooking a pretty garden. You're given fresh towels as often as you need them, though seeing these reviews I'm disappointed I wasn't offered free coffee in the morning! I did also have to ask for my room to be cleaned - once done it was fine but I'm not sure they would have done it all during my 5 night stay had I not asked at all.

The bungalows are located at the end of the beach where it starts to get quieter, which is nice if you want a retreat from the hustle and bustle. It's not a long walk to Walking Street and the restaurants/bars on the beach itself, where all the action happens. Because Pattaya beach is the busiest (though in my view the prettiest, if you don't want rocks), it's nice to have a quiet corner of it yet remaining close to all that you need, and liveliness as and when you desire it.

My main complaint was that it wasn't the friendliest of places to stay, and sometimes even had a bit of a strange atmosphere. I didn't eat in the restaurant in the evening for example, as I didn't really like the vibe.

Other than that though I really recommend this as a budget option for travellers and holidaymakers alike. No luxury, obviously, but great price in a great spot.

NB I almost forgot....waking up to the cockerel at about 6.15am I actually found rather lovely (and would rather do than sleep on hol) but bewarned of the gacking (for want of a better word) man/men at the same time. Lasts just as long but a trillion times less pleasant. The horrible spitting from back of your throat/lungs that only men seem to be able to do thing. I wish I'd mentioned it to them. GROSS.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DaniSaff
UK/IBZ
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We wandered around Sunrise beach for an hour trying to look for a cheap, nice place to stay, but the cheapest we could find was 1000baht a night. So we decided to look at Pattaya Beach we tried nearly every Guest House, Hotel etc.. but still the prices were higher than we wanted to Pay. After getting to the end of the Beach we saw Daya Resort as it was the last place we thought well we might as well just ask we thought as it is on the beach they wont have any cheap accommodation but to our surprise they had brick bungalows for 500Baht a night. The Resort is right on the beach, the Bungalows are decent sized and clean the bathroom could do with sprucing up a bit and it did have a stench in it apart from that it was fine. They have nice terraces with chairs so you can relax outside. They have a choice of the Brick bungalows and Wooden Huts which were higher priced but still very reasonable. They give you free Tea or Coffee every Morning this was great.

It is about 20mins walk to the Main Street, Walking Street but its a lovely walk along the nice sandy beach past all the lit up bars they all close around 12pm so it is very quiet and Peaceful here. Would recommend to stay here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
V-View Beach Resort
V-View Beach Resort
#18 of 92 in Ko Pha Ngan
Z-Touch Lipe Island Resort

Been to Daya Resort? Share your experiences!