Lowest prices for your stay
$127
Hotels.com
$127
Priceline
$40
Travelocity$127
CheapTickets$127
Orbitz.com$127
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 15, 2011

I fully agree with the many comments written about this place. Our orom was dirty, with broken ill fitting furniture and matress o disgusting it stinks to even think about it. . The restaraunt was unbelievably slow. We waited 60 to 90 minutes for even simple dishes, The staff totally lazy, rude and unprofessional. This place has a great beach and if it had some decent mangement could be a wonderful place to stay, But currently it is operating at a fraction of its true potential. Whoever owns it is mad! Time to kick the current staff out, and transform this place from a garbage dump into a resort.

Room tip: sleep on the beach...there will be less insects
Date of stay: June 2010
14  Thank blueterrace
Reviewed October 25, 2010

I have just returned from this so called resort.I strongly suggest you read the other reviews before you even think of going to this place.It is basically a dump.The beach is OK but everything else is terrible.The first night we were in the Sea Breeze Room 2 @ 4080B per nite. There was no hot water and all night rats were running across the roof and in the walls.The bed was awful and the furniture is junk.The breakfast the next morning was no better Cordial instead of juice,watermelon and pineapple the only fruit and coffee that was vile.I complained about the problems and was given another room which was better but also would have been a lot more expensive. 90% of the guests were thai and obviously do not have the same expectations as foreigners.Also they do not read trip advisor as most do not speak english and the absence of foreigners probably means that they do read it.I only wish I had .

Date of stay: October 2010
9  Thank cyclist911
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I stayed for only one night (thankfully) at Samet Ville Resort on Koh Samet after a friend told me that is where he normally stays if he wants to get away from the hustle and bustle of Koh Samet.

The resort is on an isolated bay around 5km from the main tourist area along what can be loosely described as a road, but more accurately a dirt/rock/gravel track cut through the island. We hired a motorcycle to make this trip and although I own a motorcycle in Thailand this going was very tough and at times dangerous. Particularly in the dark. I literally felt sick upon arrival at the resort. The resort is the only one in the immediate area so you really have no choice but to stay there when you get there and you also have no other choices when it comes to eating and drinking.

In terms of eating and drinking, the breakfast, while included in the room price, is bordering on inedible unless you have recently been released from prison. The food in the restaurant was edible but ridiculously priced for Thai food and the service is slow. The outside eating area is shabby and unmaintained in line with the rest of the resort.

The rooms, however, are the worst part of the resort. The rooms are small, decrepit, poorly decorated, poorly maintained, dirty and ridiculously overpriced. I paid almost 1800 baht for one night in an air conditioned bungalow. In addition to my previous comments; the room was equipped with two single beds pushed together but not of equal heights, flithy, flimsy curtains which did not fit the windows, furniture out of the 70s, an air conditioner which hummed like a helicopter, a small tv with 3 Thai channels, a dirty bathroom with foul smelling water and a safe that didn't work. This is the most expensive and worst room I have stayed in during my 4 years living in Thailand.

The only redeeming feature of this resort is the bay which is isolated with very few people, clean and picturesque. I guess for first time visitors to Thailand it is very beautiful, but for me it is just 'nice'.

My girlfriend and I had to convince ourselves that the room rate was 300 baht and the view 1500 baht!

Do yourself a favour, rent a nice new room in the tourist area, close to a wide selection of restaurants, bars and travel opportunities. If you want a nice isolated beach you can always travel to one for the afternoon. DO NOT STAY AT SAMET VILLE RESORT.

Date of stay: September 2010
6  Thank Blindinbothears
Reviewed August 15, 2010

I only read the reviews of this resort after we had been! I agree with some of the points, it was very basis, but then again it is a small Thai island so that is what I expected. The rooms were clean but yes the decor wasn't the best. The staff were lovely in the restaurant and service was good. No waiting at all for food, hot, well cooked food arrived within 10 mins of ordering. It was a bit "out of town" and you did have to travel along a dirt track to get back into town, but for my 9 year old son this was a delight - on the back of a truck being bumped around was the highlight. We didnt feel we were ripped off by the resort, we booked a days boat trip which was 600B each which we thought was expensive but when we compared this to prices in other areas it was about right. Food was probably a little more expensive than the more busy areas but not that much more, and every where you go you tend to pay more when more isolated so we didnt mind. . As for the beach being full of rubbish - a tourist boat delivered some people to the beautuful beach one morning and when they left a few hours later they left alll their rubbish in plastic bags on the beach. Within a few mins this had been cleared away by the staff. As a family we have travelled alot and I would say we have realistic expectations, no this resort wasnt luxury but we had 3 nights and really enjoyed it.

Date of stay: August 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank ratchadaBangkok
Reviewed July 29, 2010

Really wish we had consulted Tripadvisor before venturing to this place. We booked last minute for the weekend (thankfully not longer) through a local travel agent in Bangkok. I can only endorse the comments by previous reviewers - hugely overpriced, shabby furniture and decor, dour staff, inedible breakfast and yes, we also experienced the joys of bed bugs (my first time in over 25 years of budget and not-so-budget travelling). Bad, bad, bad! A real shame, as Koh Samet is a lovely island and I had great memories of a previous trip there.

Date of stay: July 2010