I will start by saying this : if it happens to have to stop in Onesti, Romania - DO NOT go to this hotel !!! Better and safer is to sleep in the car if you have one if not just rent a car a day ( it will be cheaper and safer ), or if possible stop in Bacau City!
Considering that in the last 20 years I had the chance to travel a lot and visited lots of hotels, B&B, Guest houses, etc and when I thought that I've seen them all and nothing can surprise me, well....I can tell with no exaggeration that this was by far the worst experience I've ever had in my life!!
Starting with the staff that is trained to lie the customers at every step and continuing with the mess in rooms ( that even after I've been given a second room that "has just been cleaned" !! ), living insects "nesting" on the curtains, the noise from the taxi drivers that are parking their cars in front of the hotel during the night ( listening music and talking as loud as possible ) this place is a hotel only with the name, cause once inside you should be ready for a nightmare!
To make it easy for all of you, I will give you a list with the things you should be aware of, if you are unlucky to stop there:
- I've booked the room 48h in advance by phone and when I got there, there was no reservation on my name !
- At the booking time, I asked details about the room's facilities ( kettle, internet, room-service, etc) and I've been told that "everything was ok, perfect and we will be very pleased" ! - there was NO kettle in the room, no cups, no tea/coffee facilities !!
- The windows have no protection and can be open wide , let alone that the distance between floor and windowsill is only about 40cm!!
- First room I've been given had the bathroom's door broken and stank of cigarette smoke ( even if I asked a non-smoking room ! )
- When I asked to be moved to another room, the manager took her time and finally after ages gave us a room that "has just been cleaned" ! - the reality : they emptied the ashtrays in a hurry in the toilet, as the ash residues could be seen on the bathroom's floor; the toilet hasn't been disinfected for ages; the carpet was full of stains and under bed and radiator was a complete mess!
- It says on their site and I've been told at the booking time and even on the arrival that there is internet connection, which was a big LIE !!! - there is no connection on any of the rooms or reception area !! ( I've even been told by a cheeky young lady at the reception that I should check my computer first and then to make accusations ! - well... I had two performant laptops
and none of them could get connection ....and when eventually I went downstair at the reception area at 10.30pm, I had the surprise ( or not ! ) to see that there were another customers trying to "catch" the so called "lost" connection !! RUBBISH !! LIES !! There is NO internet on that place !
- I had a really hard time trying to put my one year old to sleep cause of the noise from outside ( even with the windows shut) - local taxi drivers are allowed to park their cars very close and to talk and listen music out loud the whole night !
- Next morning, while preparing to feed my son, I thought that I am having a dream with my eyes wide open when I saw a huge insect flying around ( a kind a butterfly called "moth" )! Took ages to catch it or to try to "push it" outside the window and I was horrified to discover that it wasn't the only one ....there were several of them "nesting" among the folds of the curtains !!
....At that moment I said that "enough is enough" and I went to the front desk asking to talk to the manager !! A few minutes later the manager arrived and before even having the chance to start complaining, she surprised me by trying to give me back half of the money I paid the night before - the room was 196 Ron (about 50 euro) breakfast included, that along with the bill !!! So she preferred to pay 100 Ron out of her pocket just not to have me taking my complaint further on !!....And that say it about all !!.... I asked her why all those lies, why they prefer to mess about with the customers and that it could have been a lot better to be honest since the beginning to admit that there are problems, to reduce to price and maybe...keep the "business" going ....! All she had to say was that "those kind of problems are very rare and that those huge insects are harmless "!!!!! .....I would really like to see her trying to put her child to sleep or to feed him in such place, while keeping a smile on her face !!
Anyway, dear travellers, all in one word : AVOID Hotel Trotus Onesti, Romania !!!
( BTW, I just found out that the same company has hotels at the Black Sea as well , with the same name Trotus , so ....be aware !! )
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Trotus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.