Just spent a week at the Kempinski and LOVED it. Perfect for a relaxing holiday in the sun.
*Amazing friendly 5* service. The mark of good service I always think is never to be all over you in a slightly claustrophobic way but to always be discreetly at hand if needed. Nothing was too much trouble and everything was sorted instantly. Also some lovely touches like cold face cloths and bits of fruit given out around the pool areas in the afternoon.
* Whirlpool bath in bathroom - a properly deep, ergonomic one to boot
* Delicious food (though with only 2 restaurants and a cafe it can get a bit repetitive if you're half board I imagine). A bit expensive but well presented and imaginative. HUGE pizzas and lovely fresh fish. Lots of choice at breakfast.
* Nice and quiet at this time of year- always enough sun loungers and seats at breakfast
* Free bus services twice daily to key sights of interest on the island - great as taxis are pretty expensive. Recommend Ramla Bay in particular.
* free 2 litres of water replaced in the rooms each day, really helpful.
*Only thing I would mention is that the hotel is situated at the quieter western end of the island with not that much around it. Don't expect bars or clubs!
There are only 2 restaurants in walking distance. We ate at the one in San Lawrenz square (hmm, name begins with 'T' )and it was nice, not majorly exciting but tasty.
We also braved a steep 25 min walk down to the inland sea and Azure Window, (but the bus also goes there if you're feeling lazy) and it's an easy 15 minute stroll to the Ta-Pinu sanctuary.
There's also a useful supermarket five minutes away, left out of hotel then right at the junction.
We didn't try the spa but the gym is well-maintained and the tennis courts fine to play on.
One handy tip is that if you run out of water during the day, nip to the spa and fill up your bottle by the gym door!
And finally, we had an amazing meal on our last night at Maji in Victoria. One of the best we've ever had and we eat out a LOT - and pretty reasonably priced too. Three courses and a cocktail each was about 70 euro. They have a roof terrace with fantastic views of the Victoria skyline and the sunset.
Wish we were back there, it's great mellow place on a lovely, friendly island. Go!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz - Where European luxury meets Mediterranean flair! Malta's blissful sister island Gozo is the Mediterranean's best kept secret and home to the hideaway resort Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz Gozo. Indulge in luxury, culture, sun & sea - and find the undiscovered island you have been dreaming of! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Prestigia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kempinski San Lawrenz
- San Lawrenz Kempinski Hotel
- Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz Island Of Gozo, Malta