“Taste of India in Gozo”

Ranked #12 of 35 Restaurants in Xlendi
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A cosy small restaurant that serves authentic Indian food. In summer you can dine al fresco with spectular view of Xlendi bay. The only restaurant in Gozo which specializes in Indian food. A local favourite and a must to try.
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The Sapana Restaurant is a Lovely small one, but with excellent service and food. I have been for dinner with friend several times. I have to add that it has been closed for more then a month and I noticed that the place has been upgraded and even the service and especially the food. It is something that has to be pointed out. Last Saturday, me some friends had a wonderful dining experience that was worth for money. The place is run by a Gozitan, frank which is a well educated person, moreover very knowledgeable about his services. The chefs are as well very good and make their best to compliment the client. Moreover he added a knew dessert menu, which offers Indian sweets. I wish to thank all the staff for their service and definitely I will go back for another meal.

1  Thank Mark A

Reviewed January 1, 2013

A small but nice place, food was ok and staff friendly enough. Worth a visit if you want to try a curry while on your holiday x

Reviewed December 15, 2012

We were a bit uncertain on where to go while our stay in Xlendi. After looking through some of the reviews in Tripadvisor. The comments were mostly excellent and I can confirm these. I must admit We are no experts on Indian food, the manager helped us pick a good mix and above all the food was excellent. We will be surly visiting again when in Gozo.
Thanks

1  Thank Josef B
Reviewed December 7, 2012

My husband and I ate twice at Sapana during our stay in Gozo. The owner was really friendly, knowledgeable and professional and provided good recommendations on both food and wine. My husband had a beef madras, I had the lamb palak and we were both really pleased with our choices - the meat was very tender and succulent and the sauces were tasty and spiced just as requested. We would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant to others.

1  Thank amanda_glenn
Reviewed November 18, 2012

the food was excellent , really enjoyed every dish and will surely be going back soon!!!!!! Besides the staff are very helpful and gave us great service even though the place was very busy even though being November I must admit that I did not expect it to be, keep it up.

1  Thank thomas c