“How i miss my coffee !!!??!!”

Saint Patrick's Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Xlendi
Malta
“How i miss my coffee !!!??!!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The hotel per se is perfect in every way for those who intend to use it mainly for sleeping and shower....it offers all the basic needs the moderate paying tourist might require with the exception of one !....no kettles or coffee machines in room!!!...For those like me who are early risers, this can be a true nightmare...always looking at the watch, waiting for the restaurant to open to finally satiate the accumulated coffee crave. The hotel should specifically mention that this 'service' is not provided and patrons should bring along their own kettles as specifcally told by the receptionist when asked. Families with babies must be made well aware of this, since formula milk can only be concocted using hot water and this handicap can dent heavily any possibilities of future stays at the hotel. Apart from this, we did enjoy our stay, the breakfast was great and the staff quite friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Daniel B, General Manager at Saint Patrick's Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear JozDar,

Thank you for taking your time to share your comments on TripAdvisor and I am disappointed that we didn't manage to meet your expectations.

True, our rooms do not have coffee making facilities, throughout the last 12 months, we have had 97 kettles stolen from the rooms. However, we do offer tea and coffee making facilities upon request at the front office. Also, when we have guests that book with infants, we make sure that they have a kettle in the room so that they can prepare or warm up baby food.

Could you please contact me directly in pure confidence on Daniel.briffa@stpatrickshotel.com with your booking details so that I may investigate the comment about the front office person telling you to bring your own facilities?

Kindest regards,

Daniel Briffa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Naumburg, Germany
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Xlendi is a nice location if you are looking for a place beyond the touristic areas, especially for divers, snorkelers and individualists, who appreciate that there are no nightlife activities at all.
We spent a relaxing 10 days enjoying rest, sea, beautiful views, dives and good food. Hotel is clean, the breakfast was this year better and staff are helpful and friendly. It wasn't our first stay in this hotel, we come every year and it won't be the last for sure

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dortmund
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have been in that hotel for many years. It is sad to see how the standard is going down more and more: If you are lucky you get a normal size bed with a new mattress, otherwise you end up in small beds and/or on totally run-down mattresses, where you can count the springs, while trying to find some sleep. Anything broken is rather poorly patched-up instead of properly repaired. Sometimes pieces of plaster from the facade or stones from the balcony fall down to the restaurant below. Therefore, beware of sitting underneath the balconies!

The staff is generally very kind and helpful. Upon request they change mattresses and are always ready to help. The food is excellent. There is free WiFi available in the lobby.

Unfortunately, it seems as if the owners rather aim to maximize their profit than to keep the hotel in good shape: the prices go up while the standard goes down. The hotel is definitely too expensive considering its standard. The hotel should be thoroughly renovated. A first step is done: the old loopholed curtains have been replaced.

Room Tip: Rooms have A/C and ceiling fan. Sea view rooms are more quiet than land view rooms. There is a small...
1 Thank Hans S
Dear Hans S,

Thank you for taking your time to share your comments. I am disappointed that we have not managed to fully meet your expectations.

With regards to the bed size, all beds are larger than normal standard double or twin size as and the hotel has always used the same sizes. The mattresses are all changed every 12 months to ensure that the bedding is comfortable. In fact I am quite surprised with this comment as previous comments show us that the beds are extremely comfortable.

Could you please email me directly on Daniel.briffa@stpatrickshotel.com with your details so that I may investigate further your comments?

Thanks and kindest regards,

Malta
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We spent a relaxing long weekend holiday enjoying sun, sea, beautiful views and good food. Hotel is very clean, good choice of breakfast items and staff are helpful and friendly. It wasn't our first stay in this hotel and it won't be the last for sure :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sta Venera
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Best weekend ever. great location, food, service, rooms...everything. it was a while since me and my husband had a break from the kids and this was paradise. we stayed there a few years ago and found that the hotel has really upgraded its standards. they have a new charming manager, Daniel, who is always greeting and talking to guests. he made us feel well at home. one thing I have to emphasize is that the breakfast is to die for. We used the spa of their sister hotel, what a treat.

one slight negative comment if I may, wifi should be free in rooms as well :). see you soon for sure.

Room Tip: club rooms with Jacuzzi are the best.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hertfordshire
Reviewed July 13, 2013

On a visit to Gozo about 18 months ago we found the St Patricks Hotel Xlendi bay, I expressed to hubby that 'if we ever visited Gozo again' that's where I would like to stay. So on the 29th June 2013 we went over to stay at said hotel, why did I do it, we were given a room on the 3rd floor, that's ok, told there was a splash pool on the roof terrace, so all excited up we went to check out roof, splash pool my eye, it looked like a bath had been set into the ground, 2 kids init was full up, disappointed. Went to room smelt of sewerage , complained to reception, who said sorry no spare rooms, open your window,after a good whine where I told him I had actually paid for my room & felt that his attitude was very wrong, he reluctantly & very cleverly found us another beautiful room over looking the sea, had very good nights sleep. Next morning went to breakfast, what a joke that was, all the hot food containers had no food in, everything ran out at the same time, chief bringing out 3 fried eggs at a time, all containers covered in bean juice or dried egg, when I did finally get an egg it was very undercooked & snotty, made me feel quite ill, so left it all & walked out in disgust, my dream hotel did not live up to it's or my expectations. Not sure it deserves its 4 star rating, will defo not go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room these are the much better ones, eat breakfast out go to 'cool' excel...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Daniel B, General Manager at Saint Patrick's Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Thewelltravelled147,

I would like to take this opportunity for taking time to write your review.

I am very disappointed that we didn't manage to live up to your expectations. I would also like to answer to some of your remarks/comments.

I have a very good feeling and am sure that when you mentioned the splash pool, you are referring to the Jacuzzi, yes, unfortunately we do not have enough room to accommodate a Jacuzzi bigger than one that accommodates more than 4-5 people. However, the splash pool is much bigger, which unfortunately I think you missed.

The news of the sewage smell is new news for me. I do live in the hotel myself and cannot recall any room smelling of sewage. I am glad that this was sorted out by giving you a free upgrade and you had a great night. our mattresses and linen are of the finest quality and all our guest comment on what a good night sleep they have.

With regards to breakfast, what can I say, look at previous comments and you will notice that we have the best breakfast on the island... both in variety and quality. Our Chefs are of the highest quality and most dedicated and disciplined.

if you could give me more details on your stay on Daniel.briffa@stpatrickshotel.com, I will try and investigate your breakfast and smell issue.

kindest regards,

Msida, Malta
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have stayed at St Patricks a few times over the last year and I have found it the perfect place to stay for a short break, , xlendi is beautiful and the sea rooms that overlook the cliffs have amazing views! The staff are very helpful and although there has been some problems, they have always done their best to resolve them in the circumstances, when I stayed there for the first time, I had the electric in my room cut out, however Gozo is a small place and not the most modern place so this sometimes happens and is part of life, also the water pipes were hit in the town and we had no water for a few hours however the manager gave every room a free bottle of wine and a letter of apology which was impressive, as it wasn't the direct fault of the hotel! The rooms are spacious and clean, the bathroom and showers are very nice! The restaurant can be a little bit disorganised when certain members of management are not around however I do think all the staff try their best and some of them are very young and it is up to the managers to give them a push in the right direction, however regardless of all this, it is my favourite place to stay in Gozo and thank you to the lovely staff for always being so helpful and polite!

Room Tip: Sea view room overlooking the cliffs, just perfect!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Xlendi
San Andrea Hotel
Hotel Xlendi Resort & Spa
Calypso Hotel
Calypso Hotel
#1 of 9 in Marsalforn

Been to Saint Patrick's Hotel? Share your experiences!