“Improvement”

Saint Patrick's Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Xlendi
Reviewed June 6, 2013

It is necessary to change the mattress in the camera I stayed. They do not have free WI-FI in the rooms, only at the lobby, otherwise you have to pay. No further complains, and I would certainly stay there again, I totally recommend.

Room Tip: If it is possible, take a seafront room. Stunning view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We decided to try the fixed price lunch at 18 euros, and very nice it was too, and good value for money. Although the garlic bread at the start was very ordinary, the fish soup and the sea bream were excellent. Complimentary glass of house white wine was just OK but passable for a lunchtime tipple. Fruit dessert was ok. Waitress service was very good and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I felt rather mislead - we booked this place as it had a pool. The pool was tiny (twice the size of our bath) and the jacuzzi was also very small. BOTH THE POOL AND THE JACUZZI were broken - when we arrived we were told they were waiting for parts. I got the impression they had being broken for a while. I felt very annoyed as there was nothing to say on their website that they were both out of order.

There was also mould damp in the bathroom and around the bedroom windows.

The breakfast was pleasant and the beds comfortable, overall the hotel was quite nice. Great location right on the sea front, good sized small cozy bedrooms.

It is not possible to print from the hotel computers - very annoying if you need to print boarding passes as the local cyber cafe was closed as well.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Daniel B, General Manager at Saint Patrick's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

I am very disappointed that we didn’t manage to meet and fulfil your expectations. With regards to the pool, our website clearly indicates that it is a “splashpool”. Unfortunately, yes, it was out of order and being a small island, parts tend to take quite a while to be shipped. The pool and Jacuzzi were up and running last Friday (24th May). However, throughout your stay, you could have made use of the indoor and outdoor pool facilities at our five star sister hotel.

I have taken note of your comment regarding the printing services at the hotel’s public computers. I have hooked these up to a printer so that guests can print.

I am very happy that you enjoyed our breakfasts and food. We pride ourselves on using mainly local produce sourced daily by our highly trained kitchen staff .

Looking forward to welcoming you again to the Saint Patrick's Hotel.

Kindest regards,

Daniel Briffa

Reviewed May 21, 2013

When we got there we were put in a room that smelt badly of damp. When we went down in the morning to complain they explained that it was because it was a courtyard room that didn't get any sunshine and there got damp. They were completely OK with that! We had to pay an extra 93 euros for a room at the back (valley view) to solve that.
The breakfasts were truly terrible and only partially edible. The waiter (the staff in the restaurant were very nice) would apologise as he put each plate down saying it was a Chinese chef. We go to Malta/Gozo about twice a year. We won't be using that hotel again.

Room Tip: Go to the hotel next door. St Andrews. Because if you don't like the room they give you in St...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ward840

Dear Guest,

I am very disappointed that we didn’t manage to meet and fulfil your expectations. I am very concerned with your comments regarding the breakfast. I can assure you that all our chefs are local, highly qualified chefs with more than ten years’ experience and we do not have any foreign or Chinese chefs. I would also like to point out that our breakfast is a buffet of local produce.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could contact me directly on Daniel.briffa@stpatrickshotel.com with more details about your booking so I can look into your comments regarding the room and the breakfast.

Kindest regards,

Daniel Briffa

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Great personal service, beautiful romantic inside as well as outside look and really retro athmosphere of this seafront hotel: the best location in the whole of Gozo! The bay of Xlendi looks great on a summer day, but is even better on a stormy and windy springday where you really can feel the waves rolling over the pebble stones almost into your hotel room. Really fantastic coastline to go for long walks. The restaurant is not the best in the area for dinner, but is great for a cappucino.

Room Tip: Seafront - ask for view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ewa G
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This was our 2nd time staying at this hotel. The room was clean and comfortable. TV had a good selection of channels. For breakfast there was a vast selection of food. Everything I chose tasted good. All staff ranging from dining room to reception staff were very polite and professional. When comparing to stays in others hotels, this one is our preferred one. We will definitely stay there again the next time we need hotel accommodation in Gozo.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank E E
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I didn't actually stay at this hotel, but after arriving and not being able to stay there and having had an accident the previous day and broken a bone in my foot (not good when backpacking alone!) the manager (Daniel) arranged a transfer to their sister hotel for me and gave me his card in case I needed anything whilst staying on Gozo. Very very kind and helpful. I wish all hotel staff were like Daniel and his team. :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Glampacker99
Also consider these accommodations in or near Xlendi
Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz
#1 of 2 in Sannat
Grand Hotel Gozo
Grand Hotel Gozo
#1 of 1 in Mgarr

Been to Saint Patrick's Hotel? Share your experiences!