“Lovely!”

Ranked #7 of 34 Restaurants in Xlendi
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We booked a table for a busy Saturday night and it was rather in the middle so we asked to move when a front sea view table became available. The staff were charming and very helpful and moved us without fuss. The tuna tartare was amazing. We shared it between two, it was a huge portion for one. It was delicious though. This was followed by the fish stew which was stunning to look at and really tasty and I had the courgette and Parma ham risotto which was perfectly cooked and seasoned- luckily I had the starter size portion which was huge!
The manager was charming and the staff professional and friendly. Highly recommended!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We enjoyed a lovely meal here with the spectacular view overlooking Xlendi bay. Service was attentive and friendly. Food was prepared with care and presented well. Italian menu with nod to local ingredients such as ravioli with Gozo cheese filling or the popular rabbit stew. The seafood dishes we chose (fried bait and seafood & squid ink pasta for starters followed by a fish stew, king prawns with garlic butter for mains) were delicious. Would recommend and return without hesitation.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Fantastic roof top restaurant overlooking perhaps one of the most beautiful but underrated bays in Malta/ Gozo.
We had a prime spot overlooking the bay and watched the sun go down. The menu is quite expensive for the main courses but we ordered two starters ( the heat has killed my appetite!) and a pizza for the kids to share and three bowls of chips. I had the whitebait starter and it was gorgeous. Really crispy. My daughters thought the pizza was delicious and I tried it and it was very good indeed. My husband had the mussels starter and it was about 8 euros and it was like a main course! Such generous helpings.
Even better was the chilled Maltese white wine my husband and I shared, it was fruity and dry and .... 8 euros a bottle!!!!! I would have paid 18 euros. It was delicious and I am quite particular about wine! Very sauvignon blanc. A pity that i cant remember the name of it, but if you check out maltese white wine in the menu, it was near the top of the page and 8 euros!! Bargain! The bill came to 42 euros for all that, which we thought was amazing value. And the view MUST be the best cliff/ bay view in the whole Mediterranean. If you are into photography, you must go and take the setting sun from there.
Lovely friendly staff.
The only thing I would say is that it's not that well advertised. You have to walk through a fairly ordinary bar and go up in an ordinary lift to get to it. When you find it though, it's a real gold mine. We will definitely be going back. TOP TIP: it's not open on Tuesdays.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Ic-cima should be your choice if you feel like a quiet evening away from all the hustle and bustle of the xlendi waterfront. Tucked away just a 100 metres away from the waterfront, ic-cima offers lovely views of the bay. Wine list is excellent, so is the food and value for money. Service with a smile (something which is quite uncommon on the Maltese islands these days)

1  Thank Nardu33
Reviewed July 4, 2013

What can you say about this restaurant, apart from fantastic food EVERYTIME, fantastic view from the roof garden day or night, fantastic warm friendly welcome and service, very happy memories of many years visiting this wonderful restaurant. Tony, you deserve your success!!!!!

1  Thank SarahEG12