“Great diving, great people.”

Utina Diving College Limited
Ranked #4 of 8 things to do in Xlendi
More attraction details
Owner description: Utina is dedicated to making your diving holiday one to remember with fondness and excitement. Safety and professionalism are our watchwords and we offer everything from a Try Dive through to Instructor training and beyond.
Oxford, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great diving, great people.”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

My husband and I went to Gozo in September for a weeks diving and enjoyed it so much we went back for another week in November! My husband choose Utina based on the reviews on this site and the time spent on that was well rewarded. We emailed Utina (check out their website) to give them an idea of what we hoped to do during our week and asked a few questions about the diving and Xlendi. Sally's reply was friendly, informative and made us feel that we would be made very welcome at Utina. When we arrived it was great to find that the positive reviews were in fact, completely justified. Sally, Neil, Irenka and Harold make a great team and before we new it we were through the admin, kitted out and off for a dive. We did most of our dives with Neil who has pretty much perfected the art of low stress diving. If anyone reading this is a bit nervous, apprehensive or worried about any aspect of diving then you will have found the perfect instructor to put you at your ease. Fun, safe diving is what most of us want and that's what you will get.

We decided to do the 'Advanced Open Water Diver Course' and really enjoyed the variety of dives this involves. By the end of the week and having completed the course (thanks Neil) we both felt we were enjoying diving so much more with the confidence that rising to that particular challenge gave us.

Xlendi is just lovely. A good selection of excellent places to eat in idyllic surroundings. The sort of place you want to return to.... So we did! Back again in November to enjoy the interesting weather at that time of year and the delights of Xlendi. We did the 'Deep Dive Course' this time and Irenka somehow managed to teach me how to follow a compass bearing while staying at the same depth. Harder than it sounds! Another great week with Utina.

In summary, I'm sure you will have a great time with most of the dive centres on Gozo, BUT, I believe Xlendi is the nicest place to be based and when you are with Utina out and about at dive sites with other centres doing their thing you will reflect quietly to yourself. 'UTINA......good decision.'

Visited November 2013
3 Thank Sladers

Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Dont look any further for Diving, Utina is the only place to go!!!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Utina diving college is the only place to go for all your diving needs, why? because of the people. Zoe, quietly taking care of us and taking photos in the background then Sally and Neil are rare....they are wonderful, supportive, extremely professional with oodles of knowledge and beyond anything else they are great people who want you to succeed in your diving quests. Then there is Ivenka...what to say about Ivenka?....our own 'little mermaid' - what she doesn't know about diving and the ocean isn't worth knowing and if you want an Instructor with patience for your every question and able to turn you 'right-side-up' when you flail about the ocean during your first dive - she's your girl...and all that in a 5ft zero power-pocket! If you are a complete beginner (and we were!) and a bit out of your comfort zone, or if you are indeed Jacques Cousteau then this is the place to be.....period. If you have clicked off this recommendation and gone somewhere else, I feel bad for you.....we didn't and we had the actual time of our lives!

Visited October 2013
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“5 *”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Another great dive and overall quality diving experience from this great dive school situated in the main square of Xlendi, if you want to try dive or take a course or just dive and want a school that values the diving experience of the customer ahead of just making money then choose this one.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Dccccccccccccccccc
Reading, England, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great team, excellent diving!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I want to thank Neil, Sally and their team for such a warm and welcome diving experience. I am a new diver but was keen to test myself and try new things. The team gave me a varied and interesting schedule, and tried their best to be accommodating with the various changes in wind around Gozo!

Their prices were very reasonable. I always felt safe with the DM/ Instructor. All kit was properly taken care of.

A very pleasant, safe and fun dive center. I couldn't have felt more welcome or better looked after! Definitely give these guys a go!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Nick D
Sydney
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Just awesome!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was absolutely blown away by how lovely & professional this dive centre is! I hadn't dived for nearly 4 years and was a little nervous about getting back out there. After speaking to the owners Neil & Sally (lovely English expats) they organised for Neil to take me out for personal dive to help give me a refresher & dive the blue hole. Neil was lovely & chatted me through everything with a friendly and cheerful attitude and made me feel completely happy & safe. The dive was the highlight of my trip to Gozo.
The dives are great value at 29 Euros per dive & 15 Euro hire as i needed all equipment.
Would 100% recommend!!! Thanks so much Utina!
Nikki