“Stuning sunset”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Umea, Sweden
“Stuning sunset”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

This is the best restaurang in Xlendi for a sunset view. The food was also very good and we loved our waiter!

• Visited June 2014

Daviot
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We ate in the evening and had a table across the road from the restaurant with an excellent view of the bay. The staff were friendly and efficient. The menu had a good selection of dishes to choose from and the food was well prepared and delicious. There was also a good selection of local wines at a very reasonable price. The only downside was we had to wait a long time for our main course although the waiters and waitress apologised several times for the delay. The restaurant is away from the main sea front area and so much quieter. Well worth a visit.

• Visited July 2014
Marsascala, Malta
“Excellent atmosphere, lovely service, definitely worth it !”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We booked a large table for Saturday lunch and we were placed on the terrace, as we have kindly requested. The person who served us, who I believe was the owner, had a very kind and friendly approach - not over-friendly - something which terribly annoys me when I go to restaurants. He gave us suggestions and the specials and then left us to chose at our own pace. There was one point in time, where there was a small misunderstanding as a wrong serving was served, and both owner and another waiter, apologised twice. So service, is uber excellent.

Most of us ordered fish. All was fresh and the sauce was perfectly suitable with the fish serving - as it was light yet with very much taste - something which I believe suits perfectly with fish servings

The deserts were all home-made - by the owner's wife, as it was specified. We requested a small taste of each, as all looked delicous. Particularly liked the Red Velvet and the blueberry cheese cake.

A large selection of wines - with all kinds of price ranges.

NOT TO MENTION THE VIEW - which was amazing. And the atmosphere, perfectly relaxing. We all enjoyed it, and not one of us complained of anything - and we were 20 pax

A big thumps up, I heartily suggest it

• Visited August 2014
Xlendi, Malta
“Excellent ”
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten here many times over the years and the quality both in service and food have always been excellent from greeting to departure. I know from experience that Manwell only has the best and freshest of ingredients this is why I recommend any holiday makers I meet in my job as dive instructor in Xlendi to try it. In 7 years of sending people there I have heard nothing but praise and admiration for service and food. I look forward to going there soon myself on my birthday.

Melbourne, United Kingdom
“Go here - its wonderful!”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

This place isn't with the other restaurants in the bay and it's certainly worth the short walk to it. Firstly its great to escape the crowds and being on the hill top gives it great panoramic sea-views. The selection of dishes were great (with lots of specials) and we were spoilt for choice of what to have.
We were too full for desserts, which was a pity as they looked wonderful.
Definitely worth a visit!

Visited June 2014