“as close to perfection as it gets”
Review of Hotel Ta' Cenc

Hotel Ta' Cenc
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Sannat
Gillingham, United Kingdom
“as close to perfection as it gets”
Reviewed October 6, 2010

if you are looking for total peace and relaxation in one of the most beautiful settings anywhere this is the place.we stayed in june 2010 for 2 weeks in a standard room and found the hotel was everything you could imagine.the staff from the management down cannot do enough for you.we had found that they had renovated some of the rooms around the hotel and returned again in september.this time we were alocated a new deluxe junior suite.these rooms are without a doubt the best on the island.bathrooms include double walk in shower with seperate whirlpool bath,four poster bed,2 flat screen televisions and from the patio a view out over the pool from which you can see beyond the cliffs to the mainland of malta.
Our only drawback was the restaurant in the evening.over 2 trips we ate there 3 times and found the food to be nothing special and overpriced.most evenings we would walk outside the hotel and just opposite is the il-girna restaurant.If you want food that is superb and can forget about your diet while away look no further.the place is run by a lovely couple ted and maria.the menu is extensive and on the latest trip we ate here 10 nights out of 14 and never had a bad meal and you will find the prices more than reasonable.
to sum up the hotel.if you want a peaceful,relaxing and a total get away from it holiday with first class service this is our idea of heaven.if you are looking for nightlife and fun and games go somewhere else.
ps..the manager tells us they are now renovating the trullo style rooms which when finished should be truly amazing...

3 Thank tracysmith3693

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
zabbar
Reviewed October 5, 2010

There is no other hotel in Malta or Gozo that can compare with Ta Cenc. Expect the usual 5 star service and amenities but it is the location that is out of this world. I was at first be taken aback by the way it is constructed and the lazy, dream like atmosphere that one is immersed in the moment one steps in through the door. There are no corridors between the rooms. Actually forget the whole idea of hotel rooms as what you will get is a very private little villa with its own porch or garden, some of them constructed in the ‘trullo’ style. So going from your room to the lobby or to any other part of the hotel, like the very romantic restaurant under a hundreds year old carob tree, always involves stepping outside. This adds to the feeling that one is in a place that is unique. In fact the hotel is situated on some of the most beautiful cliffs on the islands. The area is considered one of natural, scientific, aesthetic, and archeological importance. Walk out of your private room and after a couple of minutes you find yourself gazing at mysterious cart ruts (expect bucket fulls of wild narcissus if you are there in winter and indigo carpets of wild thyme in summer). Walk a little further and you find equally mysterious stone age menhirs. However for me it is the magnificence of the sheer limestone cliffs that is truly breath taking. Even at night the place is magical and because of the fact that the place is remote, looking up at the sky one can easily see the hazy swathe that is the milky way galaxy. If it is a moonless night you will hear the eerie cries of the Shearwaters – birds that nest in their hundreds in these cliffs.

1 Thank TACENCWONDERS
Canada del Hoyo, Spain
Reviewed October 2, 2010

This was not my first time at Ta Cenc. Over the years I have fallen in love with its unique charm. As have many of my friends to whom I have recommended it. There is no other hotel quite like it in the Maltese islands. The calm, and magnificent wild beauty of the surroundings is what keeps me going back.

I noticed during my last stay that there have been major refurbishments especially in room quality and furnishings - they must have cost several million euros but everything was done in understated elegance.

I also found out that the hotel has its own beach - A little bus picked us up from the hotel and the friendly driver drove us through the grounds of the hotel to 'Kantra' beach which is about 1 km away. It is a small beach nestled between the cliffs but I was pleasantly surprised to find there hotel staff there who set up chairs and umbrellas for us. They even delivered a bottle of white wine in an ice bucket and offered us a choice from the beach / grill menu!

The only complaint that I have about this superb hotel is that the breakfast buffet is not as lavish as in some other hotels. There is seasonal and local produce but the choice in winter (when I think the hotel really shines out over the competition) can be a little limited. This does not bother me as I am not a big breakfast eater but am only saying it because I have seen people in other hotels who eat like there is no tomorrow during breakfast!

Would I go there again? I'm already planning my next trip!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
france 92
Reviewed September 30, 2010

Very quiet, wonderful surroundings, good service and good quality compared to price perfect for you to relax

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2010

We recently had our Wedding at the Ta Cenc hotel in Gozo.

Trying to organise a wedding from the UK was at first a worry however the Hotel manager was more than helpful, responded to ALL of my emails and continually put my mind at rest.

We had visited the Ta Cenc hotel the previous year and we completely fell in love with the location, setting and venue. Our wedding day was perfect, the manager David listened to all our requirements and ensured that the day ran smoothly. The ceremony was beautiful, followed by the Champers overlooking the island before sitting down for the BBQ. This consisted of, King Prawns, Swordfish and smoked salmon. It was without doubt the best day of our lives. To end the day we had a lovely firework display. I would without doubt recommend anyone to have their wedding at Ta Cenc. It was hand on heart beautiful and I have David to thank. We wanted a relaxed but fun day and we certainly got it.

Thank you to all at Ta Cenc.

2 Thank Nix8210
devon
Reviewed September 22, 2010

My husband & I travelled to Gozo for a meal at Ta Cenc as we had stayed there 10 years ago. It was the worst meal of our holiday the Chicken (if that what it was was tougth with a cheap gravy a tablespoonful of over cooked peppers and 3 slices of boiled potatoes. This if it was 5 euros would have been to much to pay for the taste was worse than any one star all inc hotel. But as you can imagin the price was a lot more than 5 euros. The starter of lobster came with half a plate of pasta the bread was stale, and the desert choice was better siuted to a tesco store. I can only hope that the chief was not working that day because even a 10 year old could produce better food than this. Having had a meal out every night we must add that the satff did not seem a happy team only the young lads had a smile the main waiters were not trulel friendly as with the rest of the people from both Malta and Gozo. It is a shame as we were thinking of staying later in the year here as it is a lovley hotel but being as there seemed no warmth and the food was so bad we will give it a miss FOR A VERY LONG TIME .

1 Thank Beverly N
Brampton
Reviewed September 16, 2010

Travelled to a wedding on Gozo at Hotel Ta Cenc with family and friends. The hotel was exeptional with great restaurants and pools. Took several day trips that really showed off the island some by boat others by a chartered taxi. This holiday offers value. Had some fun at Uncle Ted's Tavern where a beer (Stella) cost 1.50 Euro. I highly recommend this location if you are looking to unwind.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sannat
Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz
The Palace
The Palace
#1 of 28 in Sliema
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,321 reviews

Been to Hotel Ta' Cenc? Share your experiences!