“Great hotel in de middle of nature” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Ta' Cenc

Hotel Ta' Cenc
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Sannat
Brussels, Belgium
“Great hotel in de middle of nature”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Ideal hotel if you like nature and long walks, separated pools one for family's with children and one for adults.
Plenty of choice in the rooms but I recommend the Trullos and the Junior suites, there are renovation several rooms.
The Gerald Manager who was there from the beginning came back recently and this is big positive point.
Dear Mister Rota you will bring back the glory to this hotel many thanks for sharing your view on business it was a real pleasure.

Room Tip: If you like nature it's the best place to stay
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Italico R, General Manager at Hotel Ta' Cenc, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear Sir, sincerely I wish to thank you very much for your writing to Trip Advisor.
Your comments will help us to try harder and to do our best because the satisfaction of our dear Customers is our major goal.
It was a personal and professional pleasure to welcome you at Ta'Cenc and we really hope to welcome you again.
All my best greetings to you and to your lovely family.
Very faithfully yours
Italico Rota

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Portsmouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

We stayed for the second week of April 2014 as part of a Headwater independent walking holiday. The hotel was everything we could have wished for, perfectly located for walking on the south coast but only a few minutes away from Victoria (Rabat) using the complimentary shuttle bus. From there we had access to the island's extensive network of (very cheap) buses and thus to walks all over this attractive island and its magnificent coastal scenery.

The room (actually a sort of semi-detached bungalow) was spacious, well-equipped, with a large and comfortable bed and a good bathroom. There was a small private terrace outside overlooking one of the two pools (not used by us). The rooms are all outside the 'main' hotel and set in extensive, attractive and well-maintained grounds.

Contrary to some other reviews we found the menu to be good. My wife is allergic to all fish, but the staff were responsive to this and quick to offer alternatives so that she still had the same range of choice. The food and service were generally of a high standard and we had some delicious meals. Breakfasts were if possible even better, with a large and excellent range offering just about anything one could wish for. The quality was first class.

Perhaps best of all were the staff, whom we found to be helpful, friendly and attentive.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and hope to return.

Room Tip: The rooms adjoining the pool(s) offer the best outlook. Otherwise all rooms seemed to be similar.
2 Thank Skivacance
Dear Sir, I would like to thanks you very much for all you have written to Trip Advisor.
It was a real pleasure, personal and professional, for me, all my Management and Staff to be at your full disposal and your comments will help us to try to do always better and better to make the stay of our Customers, as yourself, very pleasant.
This is our major goal as much will be a real pleasure to welcome you again in the very next future.
Again thanks a lot and all our best greetings.
Very faithfully yours
Besozzo, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

As other reviewers point out, the setting is great. I love Gozo, and the cliffs at Sanat are one of the more spectacular spots in the whole Mediterranean and I will immediately rate the location 5 stars. But this review is about the hotel, not about the setting. I must admit I stayed at the Ta Cenc a few times many years ago and loved it, and decided this year to go back for a few days relax.
The hotel needs maintenance. Door knobs almost come off, shutters do not shut because the fixture has fallen off as the wood has completely rotten away, the furniture inside can do with an overhaul. The people working at the hotel are great, no complaints there, but IMHO they are understaffed and therefore things don't happen, orders are forgotten, tables not cleared.

The food is good, but quite expensive, fixed menu at 30 euro, other restaurants around Gozo with comparable quality/quantity would charge significantly less (let's say around 20 euro). I think they capitalise on the fact that there is not much alternative up in Sannat so you would have to drive to dinner (and back ;))

The people are great, the setting is good.. the hotel is almost value for money (I booked through their website) But this is not 5 stars.

Room Tip: The 'Trullo's' are excellent. Some of the rooms directly face the pool area, it depends...
2 Thank erikvdg
Italico R, General Manager at Hotel Ta' Cenc, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Customer,
I have to thank you for your writing to Trip Advisor, Your comments will help us to try harder but I must say that from 7th January to 28th February we have done lot of works of extraordinary maintenance, on many rooms, pools and others Others things that need works will be done during the year when the hotel will not be fully booked. I am sure that if you came back again as I sincerely hope, you will find a lot of changes. Believe me !!!.
All my thanks and wishes .
general manager.
Dunshaughlin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

We stayed for 1 night in April on our tour of the Island of Gozo and had a wonderful time. We are getting married in Gozo this year and we have recommended this hotel to our guests if they wanted to stay somewhere very nice and posh. It is in the lovely and quiet village of Sannat which is about a 10 minute drive from the capital Victoria. You would need to rent a car to get here, but saying that the best way to see the Island of Gozo is to rent a car because everywhere is easily accessible by car. If you choose to stay here you will not be disappointed.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Italico R, General Manager at Hotel Ta' Cenc, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Madam and Sir. I would like to thank you for your written to Trip Advisor about your stay at TaÇenc. Such lovely comments help us to try to do always better and better, to try harder because the satisfaction of our Customers is our major goal.
Thank from management, Staff and myself and sincerely hope to have the personal and professional pleasure to welcome you again.
With all my best greetings
general manager
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

We have just returned from a week atTa Cenc, staying in Trull 36, which I would highly recommend. It is very quiet and has lovely views .stretching to Comino and Malta.
The food was excellent, great choice and very reasonable. This is a good job because other than one small restaurant in Sannat, there is nowhere else to go!
The restaurant and bar staff were very knowledgeable, friendly and attentive, especially Fernandez and Chris. Reception staff were very efficient, but need to learn how to smile!
The spa was a welcome retreat on the cooler days.
For those wanting to explore, the local buses can take you everywhere for 1 euro 50 cents a day or 6.50 euros a week.
Not 5 star as we know it ( bathroom a bit dated) but it is probably the best on the island.
I will certainly return and for a weeks chill/peace and quiet, you would be hard pushed to find anywhere better.

Room Tip: The trullos give more privacy. 35, 36 132 all look great. the low numbered rooms are nearer the adul...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Italico R, General Manager at Hotel Ta' Cenc, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Madam and dear Sir,
I would like to thank you very much for the kind words you have written to Trip Advisor.
It have been a real pleasure to welcome you at TaÇenc and your comments will help us to do always better and try harder.
My Staff, Management and myself , we hope to have the pleasure to see you again and all our best for the Summer coming.
Sincerely yours
Edinburgh, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

My partner and I have just returned from a wonderful holiday to Malta, where we ended on Gozo. The Ta' Cenc Hotel is a place to go for total relaxation, surrounded by fantastic scenery and to be fed with great food. We were on Half Board which really was excellent value and the set menu was delicious and offered plenty of choice. Staying in a Trullo room offers privacy with plenty of space. The bed is perhaps too soft for most people and the lighting in the lounge area of the room is rather poor and typifies the general 'dated' feel of the hotel. I feel some investment is required to modernise this hotel for it to maintain its deserved 5* rating, though having said that I can see that there are many returning guests who like it just the way it is - a living "Grand Budapest Hotel", so to speak. All the Food & Beverage staff were very friendly, especially George at the bar. The General Manger, Mr Rota, was charming and very helpful. The nearby Ta' Cenc Cliffs are just stunningly beautiful. So is the hotel's own Kantra beach club but there really is no sandy beach.

Room Tip: Trullo room 133 has its sun loungers in a very private corner but it does not get the evening sun.
Dear Madam and dear Sir,
I do not find enough words to thank you very much for your words to Trip Advisor ; it has been very kind of you and such comments will help us to try to do always better for the full satisfaction of our Customers, that is our major goal.
My Staff, Management and myself we sincerely hope to welcome you again, it will be our personal and professional pleasure.
All my sincere best.
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

We recently got married at the hotel and then stayed there for a few days after and I can honestly say that it was better than we could ever have hoped for. The photos on the website for the wedding venues do not do it justice. It was perfect and the staff went out of their way to ensure everything was just as we asked and better!
The hotel is, and probably always will be, our favourite place to escape to. Shabby chic with a twist! Stunning views. Amazing breakfasts. The best staff. We were greeted every morning by the General Manager who made a real fuss of our little one. Senior Chris and junior Chris were always friendly, polite and professional and made us feel more than welcome. And then there was Antoinette, our chambermaid who couldn't have done any more for us to make sure we had everything we needed for our baby in the room.
I just wish we could stay more often but hope to escape to the wonderful Ta Cenc at least once a year.
Thank you to everyone at the hotel for making our wedding so memorable and our stay so relaxing.
Claire & Alec

Room Tip: We were upgraded to the most stunning trollo which was perfect for us as a family and had the most s...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Madam and dear Sir,
it was a real sincere pleasure, personal and professional, to welcome you at TaÇenc. We would like to thanks a lot for the kind words you have written to Trip Advisor ; your comments made us very happy and help us to try to do even better and better.
All my best to you all and a special hug to your very lovely one.
All my best wishes.
Italico Rota
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sannat
Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz
#1 of 1 in Mgarr
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,147 reviews
Quaint Boutique Hotel Nadur
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands

Been to Hotel Ta' Cenc? Share your experiences!