“Average”

Il Girna Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Sannat
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Senglea, Malta
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

I visited this restaurant with some friends of mine.

As soon as we arrived we were greeted by the lovely owner and showed us in. When I made the booking I asked for an outdoor table but when arrived we were given a table inside, to be honest I would not have minded to sit indoors if there was an a/c but unfortunately there wasn't and it was a very warm night :/
Fortunately behind our table there was a window and we opened it, it was a bit windy, with the permission of the other customers, we opened it and left it open.

After some time, the waiter handed us the menus and we ordered some drinks. We had a brainstorming session to decide what to eat :) The waiter took the order and after a while he presented us with some bruschetta, it wasn't good at all :/

Minutes passed and after we waited a bit, the starters arrived, on the contrary of the bruschetta, my prawn cocktail looked good and it was :)

We had to wait a long time before that the main course arrived, I had the Mixed Grill of fish. It was very good and I enjoyed every bite of it.

To seal the deal we ordered dessert.

As a restaurant its a quite place, the food is good (except for the free bruschetta), the prices are a bit higher than a normal casual gozitan restaurant but not expensive. What I didn't like was the long wait to receive the food, it was a bit late and we ended up eating dessert in a sleepy state.

I wouldn't mind to eat again at this restaurant, but I will not go specifically to find this restaurant as there are a lot of much better restaurants in Gozo.

1 Thank IL-PAGGI

Qormi, Malta
“Good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Went there for dinner with my girlfriend. The food was delicious, albeit a bit pricey. For starters I had pasta with chicken and main course I had rabbit friend in wine and garlic. Both were delicious and washed down with a very good Sangria in fruit. Service was good too.

Qormi, Malta
“Tasty food!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Went there with my other half to celebrate our anniversary and I loved it. The staff was really friendly and the place has a quite and tasty atmosphere. The barman concocted a mixture of very fresh fruit and Sangria especially for us and the food was really good and well seasoned. Ample seating both inside and outside.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I will never go there again very very dissapointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I was with my friends with our children she told my friend to turn off the sound of the psp of a 5 yeat old boy she closed the window which the room was very hot, the floor was really dirty my babies'bag was on the floor it became white and by the way we booked a table outside and she gave us one inside

1 Thank RileyLeon
Malta
“Great Food and Family Enviornment !!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Me, My Wife and Son were very satisfied with the service and food. The food was delicious and it was cooked to our liking.

This was not the first time that I went there and I Highly recommend you to visit this restaurant.

• Visited July 2013