“best surprise of the week”

Ta'Peter Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 112 Restaurants in Mellieha
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I won’t lie, we only came here as didn’t realise Arches and Bouquet were closed on Sundays.
But so glad we did.
We were shown upstairs to the restaurant and seated by a heater as I said I was a bit cold.
We were then given some complimentary bruschetta.
My partner had mussels for starters which were actually nicer than the ones I had in a better rated restaurant earlier that week, I had the cheese in breadcrumbs which were lovely. I then had rib eye suggested by the owner/waiter with a mushroom sauce and partner had the chicken roulade, both came with vegetables. Everything we ate at this restaurant was of a high standard and the wine was fabulous
All the staff was very friendly and helpful.

1  Thank kiaHolmfirth
There are newer reviews for Ta'Peter Restaurant

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We didn't look at the reviews for this restaurant prior to going, which is unusual for us especially on holiday as we like to eat well.
The welcome was lovely as is Malta's norm, the restaurant was clean and welcoming but chilly, despite the heaters being on. It was appreciated that so much trouble was taken with pleasing my 'no garlic' request. The chicken with walnuts was very flavoursome and plentiful but a little dry. My partner opted for the medallions of pork and we were both thankful we hadn't par taken of a starter as the complimentary nibbles were plentiful, the portions were very generous throughout. To finish we had the knickerbocker glory what a treat! Took me back years. Very enjoyable.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

As a previous reviewer commented - don't let the 60/70's decor put you off - this is a very good, reasonably priced restaurant (priced less than say Commando's) with an elevated view down the main street. The staff (husband and wife?) were very friendly and attentive - the restaurant is spotless and the food good value. Not many places where you can still get a Knickerbocker Glory (which was excellent) - thoroughly recommended.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

What a funny little place and in such need of a makeover! This restaurant gets no points at all for style with it's incredibly dated decor and furnishings. The dining chairs also deserve a special mention for their contribution to dining discomfort. However......I really cannot fault either the food or the presentation. I had the veal cordon bleu which was very nice, together with a terribly unusual and rather delicious melon and pancake dessert. Service was efficient and polite with just the right level of attentiveness.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We had our diner heer and the food was nice. The prices where good and the wine was cheap. The staff was very friendly.