Solana Hotel and Spa
$135
  • Pool
Luna Holiday Complex(Mellieha)(Great Value!)
$118
  • Restaurant
$319
Hotels.com
Pergola Hotel & Spa(Mellieha)(Great Value!)
$148
Orbitz.com
$198
Hotwire.com
2,324 results
All reviewstosca restaurantthe busrooftop poolself cateringwelcome drinksister hotelhalf boardlovely hotelstudio roomsteep hillsmall balconybreakfast and dinnerhotel is situatedgreat holidayenjoyable staylovely roombusy road
Reviewed June 11, 2009

I have been to the Solana Hotel last May and I have to say it was lovley!! We enjoyed our stay there and was a very nice experience! the pools are clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful!

Reviewed June 11, 2009

Hello,

We just returned from a 4 day stay at the Solana Hotel and I must say that we have been pleasantly surprised by the treatment that we were given. The rooms are large, and they are clean as if brand new! The bathrooms are large not like the tiny bathrooms that you usually get in a hotel!

The food was superb! Breakfast was a full buffet and dinner was also on a buffet which had different themes every night. Wednesday was Maltese night....really enjoyed the rabbit with spaghetti!

The staff and their friendliness made me feel Maltese and next time I visit Malta I already know where I’m staying!

Thanks Solana!

Reviewed May 18, 2009

I'm shocked to see reviews saying this hotel was dirty.
We've just spent a week there and I can honestly say that our stay from start to finish was brilliant. The room spacious, and cleaned every day. We used most of the facilities and everyone of them was always clean.
The pools both in and out were clean and never busy. The breakfast offers a wide range to suit all tastes.

They have a sister hotel the Pegola which has a spa also. It's only 5 mins away however we didn't use the spa so can't comment.

The area for some I can understand is out of the way but this was fantastic for us. Bus stops are outside and within 2 mins walking distance which service most major routes. The busses are so cheap it's a joy to use them to get around.
The walk down the hill to the beach is pleasant however after doing it once the bus Up the hill is reccommended! A vist to Poppey Village is a good way to pass a morning or afternoon if the weather turns a bit dull.

Personally we loved this area away from the hustle and bustle of other resorts nearby, Silema, St Pauls, Quawa. The great thing is you're away from the many Touts who are constantly bothering you on the street in other areas. There seemed to be several Time share agents who met of a morning in the hotel but we were never bothered once by these guys to be fair.

Our room was at the back of the hotel away from the main road. It was nice and quiet but with no view really. This didn't really bother us but just thought i'd mention it. If you have cats take them and they'll get fed. There seems to be an older lady and younger guy who feed 7-10 cats every evening on the wall opposite the back rooms. Very bizarre.

Eating out is also easy in this area. There are several restraunts on the main street within a couple of minutes so you can eat at a different place every night.

The staff are friendly and the reception always helpfull. We would definately come back to this hotel again. If you want to be lively in the evenings then maybe this area isn't for you as there's not much going on after 11pm. If you want peace and quiet but to get on the bus and get out and about, this place is perfect.

Reviewed May 17, 2009

I went to the Solana hotel for a weekend break with my partner. At first I had mixed feelings of what to expect as I'm not very familiar with the Northern part of Malta.

We arrived on a Friday evening, checked in and headed to our room. I've been to hotels all over europe as well as the US, ranging from Hiltons to W's to Sheratons ... and trust me you'll never find rooms as commodious as those. At the same it was very comfy, well lit, and with a very nice view of Mellieha's church and skyline. It was very nicely furnished and also had a very nice balcony (turned out magic with a glass of champagne).

My booking was b/b, which I really enjoyed as well - however I used room service quite alot (being quite a romantic weekend I enjoyed quite a few bottles of champagne and wine!). Service was fast and at very good prices.

As for the rest of the weekend it was really pleasant by the pool and we also did a couple of other activities by the hotel like spa, etc. One of the managers at Solana (I think Pierre was the name) was also really helpful and proactive in forwarding suggestions as to what kind of activities we can do through our stay. And I must say we enjoyed all of them!

I can sincerely say our stay at the Solana was amazing. You'll definitely see us back again!

Reviewed April 15, 2009

We recently stayed at the Solana hotel and must say we had a very unpleasant experience. The location is horrible, there is no seaview only from the swimming pool( which was filthy). It is located on a very busy road so you have constant road noise. In addition to that the cleaning is horrendous, the leave dirty glasses, sheets were dirty before we arrived. Bathroom was left dirty while we where there. We complained so many times and the staff doesnt care. Very inpolite to the point of rudeness. Never again!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple