Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands
$128
$298
$284
  • Pool
Pergola Hotel & Spa(Mellieha)(Great Value!)
$86
$82
  • Restaurant
Luna Holiday Complex(Mellieha)(Great Value!)
$118
$109
$98
$93
Orbitz.com
Panorama Hotel(Mellieha)
4,631 results
All reviewstime sharemokka barflavours restauranttimeshare presentationdiscount cardagliolio restaurantapples eyepromotional holidayisland residence clubprivate beachsea viewsales pitchfive star hotelhotel restaurantsindoor poolhired a carbus service
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Great hotel with wonderful views of the sea and its own private beach with cocktail bar and waiter service. There are two large outdoor pools and an indoor spa pool and there is always loads going on.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank JOHN91
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Let me say i don't usually write reviews or criticise but i feel i have to let prospective customers know about our experience.

I'm currently writing this review from a suite in the hotel (room 3836 if you're reading this management) and I can say I have never had such a bad experience with a hotel in my life.

Let me say firstly that Malta is a fantastic island with warm friendly people and the beach and water sports facilities at the resort are A*. This is where it ends.

Firstly on check in they take an apparent pre authorisation on your credit / debit card of €60 per night in case of usage of the mini bar etc - pretty standard you'd think!!! According to the guy that checked us in he assured me this doesn't come out of your account but on checking my online bank just an hour after check in €420 came straight out of my account. On speaking with management when you check out they un-authorise it and it goes back into your account, but this can take up to 21 days - amazing they can withdraw it immediately but can take 3 weeks to give it back!!!!

I have to move onto the shockingly bad entertainment that they insist on blaring out every night until after 11pm that includes possibly the worst singers around screeching out all sorts of past "classics".

This is directly above a suite we paid nearly £2k for a week and during this period you can't even hear the TV. Coupled with this we have had people running up corridors banging on doors and tonight kids playing football in the corridors at 10.30pm. When this was reported to reception they did one thing - nothing!!! Leaving me one choice but to tell them where to go!!!

They tout this place as a 5* resort and all I can say is it is 3* at most. Having been on the island for a few days I can say there is far better around and probably cheaper.

If you want a noisy boisterous resort this is for you. It is just not what was expected when you read their website. I wish I had spent half the money on a non sea view room and overlooked the car park. At least I wouldn't have to listen to these "singers" (imagine worst karaoke night you've been too!!!) every night of the week. Yep - 7 nights of top quality entertainment!!!!

I was hoping for a relaxing chilled out time on the island but instead had to endure night after night of some of the worst entertainment imaginable and kids running riot.

If that's up your street then book away - if you're looking to book a relaxing chilled out time look elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
16  Thank MattT166
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Spent a week here and it was great! Relaxing, great service at all times and all with a smile. Nothing was too much. Everywhere was clean and there was plenty to do but it wasn't overcrowded. Food and choices were superb and again great service. Prices were good but not cheap. Services to get to see other places were easily accessible from the hotel. Thoroughly recommend it. There were 8 in our party from 6 months to 60+ and there was something for everyone!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view - absolutely amazing! Then the country view was great. All rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MichaelBrooks2204
KarlaCasey, Secretary to the Chief Operating Officer at Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to write your positive review regarding your stay with us at the Radisson Golden Sands. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Karla

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed in this hotel 6 nights in August 13 with my family. The hotel is located in the middle of nowhere, which is not bad for those who prefer a calm vacation away from city turmoil. We were given an upper level room that we had asked upon reservation, which was quite nice. The air con in the room, however, was malfunctioning - switching off by itself independent of the door/window opening, and sometimes at night, which was very uncomfortable. The room service was notified three times, and only third time they did something with central computer to fix it (this is what they told me). The hotel amenities were good enough, kids rooms, beauty salons, several restaurants, etc provide really a five star service. The beach (part of which is private) was quite small and short walking distance from the main building (has elevators taking down from the rocky place, where the hotel buildings are situated). It is one of the very few sandy beaches in Malta. No reservation of sun lounges was allowed, but there were some "smart" people who were leaving them occupied with their personal belongings and leaving to come after hours. The beach service then had to work hard to make the beach area available to newcomers. Overall, it is worth staying in this hotel and I would highly recommend it

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Marine H
Reviewed August 25, 2013

In the case of Malta, the Radisson Blu Resort at Golden sands is one worth telling you about, having stayed in Malta before. Firstly, after reading alot of reviews regarding this hotel before going there I have to express that I think most of the reviews which are negative are written by people who are incredibly fussy and like to moan about the little things. Fortunately, my boyfriend and I like to be left to our own devices and without fuss.

I've been to Malta before so knew exactly where the hotel was but had never been in. Also, having been promised so many things, we weren't expecting much incase of being horribly let down. Thankfully everything did run smoothly and we had an amazing time.

We arrived in Malta at 2am in the morning, and were being met by a private car to take us to the hotel. The driver was there waiting for us at arrivals and took us straight to the hotel. We checked in quickly and went to our room.
We were staying in a standard studio room, with a country view which for us was perfect as not being in the room very often we didn't really need a view of the sea. The rooms are large and spacious and have king size beds with HUGE pillows. They also provide thinner pillows too Your also provided with towels and bath robes which was also great. Your also provided with beach towels which was also another bonus. I'm not too sure why the lady above says the hotel isn't clean because it really clean. My boyfriend is the messiest person in the world but the room was spotless every time we came back to the room.

The hotel itself is made for relaxation. If your looking for a party holiday then I would suggest that you stay in St Julian's as Golden sands is quite far away from the main cities. However, there are a number of bars and restaurants in the hotel. Flavour's restaurant serves buffet style meals including breakfast with the most selection that I've ever seen.
Angliolio is pretty much an Italian restaurant with a good range of food. This is also the most popular restaurant in the hotel so it tends to be really busy and everyone wants to sit outside so they do request you book before hand however we never booked and got a table every evening. Again its very popular and they also do take away so you can have some small waiting times for your food but the waiting staff are very apologetic.

The best bar at the hotel is the Mokka bar. The drink selection is huge and the milk shakes are amazing! The staff are also really talkative with the best waiter being Micheal. He told us loads and the island and also places where we should go. He's a great asset to the hotel.

There's pool which are great and the pool bar again has a great selection. There also a private beach which I'd advise you to get there early as it gets full quickly but you can also leave your things at the pool and still go to the beach.

All in all, I really love Malta and this resort is a really great resort and alot better to ones in St Julian's. The only thing which would have made it better would have been if it was closer to to the city, but still we had an amazing time!

Room Tip: If your going to spend alot of time in your hotel room, pay extra for a sea view room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Shibber18
KarlaCasey, Secretary to the Chief Operating Officer at Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Good Morning,

On behalf of all of us at The Radisson Golden Sands I thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor. It is a great pleasure for us to receive such positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Golden Sands.

Regards,