“Golden Sands - First Class” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Mellieha
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Golden Sands - First Class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Our first visit to Malta was first class and one of the best holidays we have ever experienced. Great hotel, excellent service, friendly staff and all set in a wonderful location. Pool area perfect for relaxing and swimming with the children- plenty of sunbeds and really clean.
All the staff were helpful and friendly. Hire a car if you get the opportunity to tour the Island and see all the wonderful villages and towns. Really easy to get around and the sighseeing bus is great fun.
Malta is beautiful, with interesting museums, stunning architecture and a great selection of restaraunts
Will definitely be back !!

Room Tip: sea view rooms are hard to book - but a bonus if you can get one
1 Thank tina g
KarlaCasey, Secretary to the Chief Operating Officer at Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Good Morning,

Thank you for taking time by posting feedback regarding your recent stay at the Golden Sands. and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Karla

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,090)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
L-Mgarr, null, Malta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

i was there last week and really had a great experience, everything was wonderful, the only problem is the parking and hope that the manegement solve this problem once and for ever for the benefits of the hotel patrons and loyal customers like me. now am looking forward for next year to be there......

Room Tip: in my opinion the hotel is superb
1 Thank Laurence S
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have just got back from 9 days staying at Radisson Blu. It is a lovely hotel in the middle of nowhere, so may not suit everyone. There are buses that go into nearby cities as an option. Plenty of sunbeds, pool very nice, overlooking Golden bay which is a very nice small sandy beach. Usual watersports on beach if your children are old enough. The sea water is gradual and lovely. We had the Zenith apartment, so double bed for myself and husband sofa bed in next room for my son and camp bed for my daughter. The rooms and bathroom are a very good size and good air-conditioning. The cleaners cleaned it daily. Downside of the room is although it had a fridge, it was the type that charged you if you took anything out of it, so we couldn’t even put back a bottle of water to keep it cold as we would have been charged every time we took the bottle out. In a hot country like Malta, you need a small fridge to keep the water cold. Also, we have stayed at a 5* hotel before and they usually have ice machines on every floor or every other floor, in order for you to get your own ice. My other criticism is that Malta has lots of water melon and in the 9 days of being in the Hotel, I only had it once when they came around the pool offering it. I asked the gentleman who showed us to our table on the last day, why they didn’t have water melon out with the rest of the fruit and he said we only had to ask for it and they would bring some to us. So we did that evening but unluckily for me they didn’t have any! I booked the hotel direct by phoning so was not aware of it being a time share hotel/apartments too. Now this is my biggest complaint,!!!! My husband took a call on the Sunday ( we had been there a week) and someone asked us if everything was ok and would we answer a questionnaire about the hotel, so we arranged to go down to reception on Tuesday after breakfast. We were told it would only take half an hour and as a thank you for giving up our time they would give us a voucher for food and drink (E20). It was NOT a survey done by the hotel, and turned out to be a scam trying to sign us up for Timeshare!!! We ended up sitting there for over 2 and a half hours. This lets down the hotel immensely and I don’t think a 5* hotel should allow this type of selling/(bothering) to go on. I would recommend the hotel as it is relaxing and the staff are very helpful but the sales pitch let it down.

Room Tip: Worth paying for sea view.
4 Thank Noddy66
Uppermill, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

My first stay at what I have just discovered over the past week is an excellent hotel with high standards of service and hospitality. Slightly secluded from the main resorts, this I found to be a positive, it had its own private area on a sandy beach with a beach bar as did the fantastic pool setting, which although both very busy did appear to accommodate all guests needs, The food at all restaurants was top class, from the buffet restaurant to one of the 2 fabulous a LA carte restaurants. Pricing no more than wine would expect to pay in a 5 star hotel. The sea view room I was in had absolutely fantastic views, the other side of the hotel would be probably a bit disappointing as it looks on to as out camp and some very dry, brown countryside. rooms could probably do with updating, certainly not opulent 5 star, large but fairly basic. The staff are all extremely welcoming and helpful, nothing seems to be too much trouble for them. Lovely terrace bar where you can enjoy a drink in the evening looking out over the bay, listening to live music.
Highly recommend if wishing to get away from it all.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bob783
Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review regarding your recent stay with us. I am very happy to read that your stay was a pleasant one. Our team, on a daily basis work’s hard to maintain the service level’s expected and we are delighted to hear that we have exceeded your expectations .

We look forward to your next stay at the Radisson Blu Golden Sands.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I've stayed in this hotel about 4 times, and all I can say is that I haven't encountered a single problem throughout my stay. Usually I stayed in standard double rooms (king bed and sofabed) which is very spacious and nicely decorated with beautiful views, even from a countryside view room. One time I stayed in the Penthouse Galaxy suite, and it was definately the most luxuriously designed suite. It had four bedrooms all with ensuites with TVs in the bathtubs too, among a bunch of other features. This had a huge terrass round one of the towers with a jacuzzi, bbq, and a bunch of sunbeds and stuff. My stay in that suite was heavenly and I miss it very much.

The food there is excellent, but often if you are visiting off peak season when the hotel isn't its busiest, you may not find the largest choice of food in the buffets. Nevertheless the food was always excellent and two of the restaurants in the hotel are the best I've ever eaten in, breakfast too :)

The atmosphere in the hotel is great too. Sometimes I like just walking around the lobby and corridors. It has a wonderful aroma and, there's just something that attracts me to this hotel. Needless to say, it is huge and beautifully decorated and just truly enjoyable.

The only (very,very minor) annoyance I have is with the pool. It's huge and beautiful and all, but it's not at all deep. There's no section which is more than 1.2m deep. But that is only my own personal preference and most people don't mind it. I still enjoy the pool area which feels and looks like paradise.

The hotel also has a deli shop where you can buy snacks and rent dvds which I found convinient. The service was excellent and all staff members were nice. The room was always cleaned well too.

Overall I love this hotel and it's the best I've been to anywhere. I return almost every year and it's definately a unique hotel that stands out from the rest.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kiki S
Good Morning,

Thank you for taking time by posting feedback regarding your recent stay at the Golden Sands. Receiving a positive review such as this is always of great pleasure for us to read. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

We never understood why people always went on the same holiday year on year until we experienced the Radisson at Golden Sands in Malta. We have just returned from our third visit with heavy hearts as it might be our last for a while as we are plan long haul for the next few years.
The location is beautiful sitting above the best beach in Malta. The welcome is always very warm as is the service, all the staff want is for you to have a wonderful holiday and are ever so friendly led by Club Consiege Henri.
The food is also very good we eat at Agliolio, Flavours & Apples Eye but didn't venture into Essence, there are also some great restaurants in Bugiba including Georges on the sea front.
The Maltese people seem to be the friendliest we have ever met and we enjoyed every moment in this wonderful place where there is lots to do including Open Topped Bus tours, boat tours taking in all the medieval history.
I would recommend this hotel and Malta to any family who are looking for quality

1 Thank kurt-tranmere
Crymych, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have been staying at this resort every year for the past 7 years. My family and friends often ask why I don't go somewhere different? The honest answer is, that I know the quality and the standard of the resort is outstanding. The service is second to none. I am very happy to return every year, I know I will have a relaxing and hassle free holiday.
The staff are friendly and obliging and go out of their way to help, they are always polite and friendly. The accommodation is of a high standard and spotlessly clean.
The restaurants offer a good variety, it is possible to eat whatever you feel like from wraps, pizzas to fine dining, and everything in between! The cost of most of the restaurants are reasonable, but of course fine dining can be expensive! However, you can self-cater, the deli on the site offers a wide variety that is not overly expensive.
There is an excellent public bus service close to the resort, and you can buy a weekly or daily ticket that takes you all over the island by bus without trouble - the 'new' bus service has certainly improved this year!!! It is also possible to book onto a shuttle bus in the resort, and although a little more expensive than the public bus, it is very useful.
The pool facilities are brilliant, as is the private beach. To be honest, this is a number 1 priority for me as I just want to lie back and relax, but, to make my relaxation complete, a massage in the Spa with the very professional masseurs is a must - highly recommend! If you're not sure what you would like, they will always give brilliant advice.
I would be happy to recommend this wonderful resort to anyone, every year there are improvements, they listen to their clientele and do make improvements -( the wifi is better this year!!) I am now counting down the months until I return!

3 Thank Ceri D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mellieha
Hilton Malta
Ramla Bay Resort
Ramla Bay Resort
#4 of 12 in Mellieha
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,730 reviews

Been to Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands? Share your experiences!