“My favourite hotel”

Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Mellieha
“My favourite hotel”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I've stayed in this hotel about 4 times, and all I can say is that I haven't encountered a single problem throughout my stay. Usually I stayed in standard double rooms (king bed and sofabed) which is very spacious and nicely decorated with beautiful views, even from a countryside view room. One time I stayed in the Penthouse Galaxy suite, and it was definately the most luxuriously designed suite. It had four bedrooms all with ensuites with TVs in the bathtubs too, among a bunch of other features. This had a huge terrass round one of the towers with a jacuzzi, bbq, and a bunch of sunbeds and stuff. My stay in that suite was heavenly and I miss it very much.

The food there is excellent, but often if you are visiting off peak season when the hotel isn't its busiest, you may not find the largest choice of food in the buffets. Nevertheless the food was always excellent and two of the restaurants in the hotel are the best I've ever eaten in, breakfast too :)

The atmosphere in the hotel is great too. Sometimes I like just walking around the lobby and corridors. It has a wonderful aroma and, there's just something that attracts me to this hotel. Needless to say, it is huge and beautifully decorated and just truly enjoyable.

The only (very,very minor) annoyance I have is with the pool. It's huge and beautiful and all, but it's not at all deep. There's no section which is more than 1.2m deep. But that is only my own personal preference and most people don't mind it. I still enjoy the pool area which feels and looks like paradise.

The hotel also has a deli shop where you can buy snacks and rent dvds which I found convinient. The service was excellent and all staff members were nice. The room was always cleaned well too.

Overall I love this hotel and it's the best I've been to anywhere. I return almost every year and it's definately a unique hotel that stands out from the rest.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kiki S
KarlaCasey, Secretary to the Chief Operating Officer at Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Good Morning,

Thank you for taking time by posting feedback regarding your recent stay at the Golden Sands. Receiving a positive review such as this is always of great pleasure for us to read. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Karla

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,155)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We never understood why people always went on the same holiday year on year until we experienced the Radisson at Golden Sands in Malta. We have just returned from our third visit with heavy hearts as it might be our last for a while as we are plan long haul for the next few years.
The location is beautiful sitting above the best beach in Malta. The welcome is always very warm as is the service, all the staff want is for you to have a wonderful holiday and are ever so friendly led by Club Consiege Henri.
The food is also very good we eat at Agliolio, Flavours & Apples Eye but didn't venture into Essence, there are also some great restaurants in Bugiba including Georges on the sea front.
The Maltese people seem to be the friendliest we have ever met and we enjoyed every moment in this wonderful place where there is lots to do including Open Topped Bus tours, boat tours taking in all the medieval history.
I would recommend this hotel and Malta to any family who are looking for quality

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kurt-tranmere
Crymych, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have been staying at this resort every year for the past 7 years. My family and friends often ask why I don't go somewhere different? The honest answer is, that I know the quality and the standard of the resort is outstanding. The service is second to none. I am very happy to return every year, I know I will have a relaxing and hassle free holiday.
The staff are friendly and obliging and go out of their way to help, they are always polite and friendly. The accommodation is of a high standard and spotlessly clean.
The restaurants offer a good variety, it is possible to eat whatever you feel like from wraps, pizzas to fine dining, and everything in between! The cost of most of the restaurants are reasonable, but of course fine dining can be expensive! However, you can self-cater, the deli on the site offers a wide variety that is not overly expensive.
There is an excellent public bus service close to the resort, and you can buy a weekly or daily ticket that takes you all over the island by bus without trouble - the 'new' bus service has certainly improved this year!!! It is also possible to book onto a shuttle bus in the resort, and although a little more expensive than the public bus, it is very useful.
The pool facilities are brilliant, as is the private beach. To be honest, this is a number 1 priority for me as I just want to lie back and relax, but, to make my relaxation complete, a massage in the Spa with the very professional masseurs is a must - highly recommend! If you're not sure what you would like, they will always give brilliant advice.
I would be happy to recommend this wonderful resort to anyone, every year there are improvements, they listen to their clientele and do make improvements -( the wifi is better this year!!) I am now counting down the months until I return!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Ceri D
Haz-Zebbug, Malta
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have to say that this hotel is excellently located, if one aims at having a break... away from everything! What I wanted to review most is two restaurants which are located in this hotel. One is Flavours. Flavours ensures that quality meets quantity as the food is simply excellent and since it is buffet, one can have a helping or two of what s/he really likes! Every night there is a different theme and the chefs ensure to fully satisfy your taste buds. A special thanks goes to all the dedicated staff, especially the restaurant manager, Alan, who really shows he loves his job as this is reflected in the way he runs the restaurant and makes sure that his guests are satisfied. Well done! This restaurants offers both buffet dinners and the 'Super Buffet Breakfast', to which I personally award an A+ to both.

Another restaurant which is worth reviewing is the Agliolio. This is located close to the beach and is accessibly both from within the hotel. It offers a la carte dining and the menu offers a choice to please all tastes and pockets. There is also a specific lunch/dinner for kids.

Something worth considering with kids is that at particular times, kids dine free... so that's an added bonus for mum & dad!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Riccardo F
Good Morning,

Thank you very much for your review, we are very pleased that you had such a wonderful meal at Flavours and Agliolio Restaurant. I will pass on your comments to the Food & Beverage team.
We look forward to your next visit at the Radisson Golden Sands and would definitely recommend you to visit the Essence Restaurant for another excellent meal.

Malta
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Just visited the restaurant, couldn't find the review for this so posting here. Thanks to the waitress who served us who went out of her way to accommodate our guests needs. She even brought over the chef to ensure that our food was cooked according to our special dietary requirements. The food was great, and the atmosphere was relaxing. But most of all, we enjoyed the high level of service offered by this particular waitress (I wished I got her name) which made ordering a breeze and the food was cooked just the way we wanted. Wide range of food available including meats, pizza, fish, pasta and risotto. Will definitely visit again. Overall price was very very reasonable and when compared to other restaurants on the island offers great value for money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Zanioculcas
Good afternoon,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review about our staff. I will pass on your comments to the Food & Beverage team. We look forward to your next visit.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was on my own for the first week and everyone was so helpful. The second week one of my daughters Her Husband and their two children joined me with my son in laws mother. we all live very hectic lives and all found the time spent there very restful and relaxing. We dined out most nights and partook of room sevice on one night. My Granddaughter of 7 years had a problem with one of the games in the Gamesroom/ My son in law madce itknown to one of the staff members who followed it up with a box of chocolates brought up to our room and delivered to Chloe. We were all delighted with this responce.. I found the information on the back of the loo doors one of which gave information on the Maltese Cross. It left me a question on what did the 8 points on the Cross indicate . I was given the answere two persons later. They lived up to their notice inviting you to share a little bit of history

Room Tip: Sea view is excellent on any floor