“Excellent!”
Review of RENdezVOUS Cafe - Bar - Lounge - CLOSED

RENdezVOUS Cafe - Bar - Lounge
Cuisines: Bar, European, British, Scottish, Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: RENdezVOUS Cafe Bar Lounge is a friendly and welcoming venue newly opened in Triq il-Kbira, Mellieha. Located to the South of the village as you enter nearby the old Belleview building and just a few doors along from the new Maypole outlet.This is a Scottish family run venture which is making a big impression on locals and tourists alike. Our signature dish of Home-Made Steak Pie and the new range of Home-Made Burgers are going down a storm and as fast as Karn (the boss) can cook them. The philosophy behind the business is to give good value for money great tasting food. For the Whisky connoisseur we have an excellent seletion of malt whisky proudly sitting on our top shelves waiting for you.From November we will have our Traditional Roast Dinners added to our Sunday Menu and we do recommend booking in advance as places are filling up fast.
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I am not really a great meat eater or a burger fan but I thoroughly enjoyed my home made chicken burger. My daughter had a pork and apple burger and loved it whilst my husband chose the steak pie. This was an unusual choice for a boiling hot evening but my husband demolished everything on his plate. The beef was so beautifully cooked it could be cut with a spoon. The Scottish couple who owned the bar/cafe made us feel most welcome. They even made me some fresh French dressing for my salad!

This place isn't all about meat either as vegetarians are well catered for with options like veggie lasagne or chilli.

The whole meal including drinks was superb value. We plan to go again on our last day in the area and sample one of their special breakfasts or brunches.

Our only regret is that we found it at the end of our holiday rather than the beginning. Highly recommended!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank dyann66

Enfield, United Kingdom
“Burgers to die for”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

You may miss this place because it doesn't have a big sign out front with its name on it. But don't let this deter you - look closely and find this place and you won't be disappointed. It's run by a lovely couple from Scotland who were friendly and helpful with a 'nothing's too much trouble' attitude. The menu is simple and everything is homemade - the steak pie was devine and the pork and apple burger had so much flavour. It's cheap too - and worth every penny. They were also showing the spurs game - so it's perfect if you want to watch some footy too!

1 Thank 7CR7
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Best Restaurant in Mellieha Malta”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This restaurant is run by a Scottish family , all the food is home cooked and is the best i have ever tasted ... the atmosphere is excellent and the steak pie is fantastic ..also there all day breakfasts are delicious . If your staying in Malta do not go home without giving this restaurant a go ... ..........5 star +

Can't wait until next year to pay Rendezvous a visit .. :-)

1 Thank 123Angela2013
Freuchie, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cooked to perfection”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We have just returned from a visit to Mellieha, Malta where we have been many times before.
There is a new restaurant opened called Rendezvous which if like me you are very fussy as to how well your food is cooked you really need to visit!! I do not eat meat of any kind when it has not been cooked at home as I like my meat very well done!!!
My husband had one of the home made burgers and it looked brilliant, when I spoke to Karn she said she would make sure mine was very well done!! It was cooked to perfection!!!
Over our visit we went back many times and were never disappointed, the steak pie is to die for!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank 22Fussyeater
Island of Gozo, Malta
“Fiesta Night”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Visited again on a special holiday. Entertainment with Paul McEvoy was brilliant the complimentary food put on by Karen was tremendous. A good night was had by all..... Thank you Rendezvous

1 Thank bellethe beauty