“dinner date”

Commando Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 111 Restaurants in Mellieha
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Open for Dinner. Commando is a restaurant and wine bar housed within a 300-year old stone building that has been the workplace of our forefathers for over 80 years. Chef Damian Ciappara draws inspiration from his surroundings, using fresh local ingredients to create simple yet elegant dishes. We work closely with local producers to deliver a seasonally influenced menu that celebrates Mediterranean flavours. Fresh fish/seafood, tender meats, sun ripened vegetables, rustic pasta dishes, and homemade desserts.
Valletta, Malta
“dinner date”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

from time to time me and my lovely gilrfriend like to go out on dinner dates and try new restaurants. I came across commando resturant in Mellieha through some work of mine which also led me to get to know te people behind it, to keep it short all I can qsay is that they are passionate about their work.
it was slightly windy so our table was reserved inside with a very nice cosy and welcoming interior.
we where escorted to our table which was very nicely setup.
after a campari for me and a martini for the lady we where ready to go. some olive pate, humus, butter ad chicken liverpate with grape jam brught out with the bread. once I saw te chickecn liver pate I was curious because I only know about one other place that served it in Malta.the lady liked it so much that she only allowed me to take some to judt taste. yum the starters are here. speciality of the chef nice homemade ravioli filled with swordfish served with clams and a light tomatoe sauce. the lady had an asparagus, leek and brie tart. excellent! as a main course i had the rack of lamb with herbs, cooked to perfection. the lady had the fillet with mushroom and port jus sauce both dishes served with baby potatoes. after a short break and some sips of wine the chef recommended the fresh lemon tart for me and the white chocolate and cocnut pannacotta for the lady. impressive! the value was as expected to be from a great restaurant. overall it was a great night out!

Malta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ideal for any occasion.”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Been recently to this refurbished restaurant in Mellieha.

The food and hospitality were exceptional. The cosy ambience is ideal for any occasion, whether for an intimate dinner between friends or a business lunch.

Must visit again!

1 Thank dingster3
Vancouver, Canada
“Exceptional dining experience at the new Commando”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I had the pleasure of eating dinner at the newly renovated Commando Restaurant under the new management team of Chef Damian Ciappara, Sous Chef David Borg and Hostess Rossana Commisso. Fabulous night! The warm and cozy interior beckoned me in through the red doors on a winter evening not long after their opening night. My starter salad of melting soft Mozzarella cheese served with tiny sun dried tomatoes on a bed of arugula will guarantee my return. The main course of lamb was generous and left me little room to truly enjoy my dessert selection of Rosemary Olive Cake complimented perfectly by fresh blueberries. An extensive wine list offered me an enchanting Sauvignon by the glass from Chile and finishing with a vreamy cappuccino ensured that I will be visiting this restaurant often in the months to come. Congratulations Mellieha on a refreshing change of pace for an evening of relaxed but definitely special dining.

1 Thank CityFlitter