“Apology accepted”

The Diningroom
Ranked #37 of 112 Restaurants in Mellieha
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Diningroom is a relaxed & casual place to eat & drink. As a menu The Diningroom emphasises on what is local, what is Mediterranean; focusing as much as possible on local ingredients and local produce, with a fusion of international cuisine. The menu is unpretentious yet delicious and ranges from traditional to contemporary gastronomy, whilst the Special Menu is majorly crafted from fresh, seasonal ingredients. However what makes the Diningroom stand out is our innovative concept of “Chef’s Dinners”. This includes the creation of a bespoke menu to suit your needs. Patrons are encouraged to get in touch a couple of days before to discuss expectations, ingredients and budget and then leave the rest in the Chef’s capable hands. The combination of our culinary expertise along with your personal recommendations can only spell out an evening to remember!
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I wish to thank the management of the Diningroom for their sincere apology, they even offered to refund the starters and wine of the visit in question, as the food was excellent I did not feel that it was fair to accept, however we are accepting their invitation to return to the restaurant to what they are saying we should experience their normal service and fare. We are looking forward to this and I will certainly write on trip advisor of our experience on that evening.... I once again thank Mr. Borg for his invitation

1  Thank henryborgbarthet
There are newer reviews for The Diningroom

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Yesterday evening, my wife and I decided to go out for supper at the last minute, we opted to go to The Dining Room at the Luna Complex in Mellieha..... When we arrived the place was almost empty, at the time they had patrons on 4 tables we made up the fifth, that was at 8.30pm, we were taken to the table, nearly thirty minutes later the waiter took our order, all well and good, at 9.30pm an hour into the evening ...no food or bread or anything on the table, I got up and asked the waiter about our food. Bread and an amuse bouche appeared on the table, 30 minutes later our first courses arrived, the food was very good, we by now understandably very hungry, our plates were taken away and we waited, we waited and we waited, at 10.30pm I again called the waited and he said that the food will be at our table soon, at that point our appetite was gone and I just asked for the bill and decided to end the evening there and then.... I have to say that the waiter/manager was very apologetic, he offered to give us a complimentary meal next time around, for which I thank him, but life is too short for another evening of waiting .... I wonder is this what Slow Food is all about?

1  Thank henryborgbarthet
Kyleborg, Owner at The Diningroom, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Good Morning Mr Borg Barthet,

Thank you for your comment, I have already communicated with you to express my sincere apologies. I have spoken to my team and we are all very sorry that your experience was lacking of our normal standard, the shortfall was indeed from our side and I assure you it was a one off occurrence.

I am glad you mentioned that the starters were indeed very good.

As discussed in my communication with you, I am glad you have accepted my invitation and that you will be returning to The Diningroom soon.

I apologise once again.

Warm regards

Kyle Borg
Operations Director.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Visiting this restaurant was truly an experience. Food is exquisite, every bite is a pleasure. Atmosphere is a nice relaxing one and staff is very friendly. I recommend this restaurant to all those who truly appreciate the pleasure of food.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Knew of the place, but had never been there before. Now I realize what we have been missing. The atmosphere was quiet, good and relaxing - something that I always like about a restaurant when we go out for a relaxing evening. The service was good and non intrusive. The best was to come - the meal was exceptional. We were asked by the Chef - Andrew Fenech - whether we had any particular tastes or dislikes, and whether we would like to leave everything to him. We trusted him and that was the best thing to do. We enjoyed the soup with its particular tastes; the carpaccio, and followed by specially made pasta with lobster, and finally the two fresh fish that were offered to us. The sweets were well proportioned and the wine was excellent as well. This was one of the best meal experiences that we had and I would definitely return back and recommend it to all my friends.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

very good food and very cleen,, great staff very friendly , pasta is very good, wine list very good and the specials where good as well, nice place u no problem to find parking.