“Par excellence”

The Diningroom
Ranked #36 of 111 Restaurants in Mellieha
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Diningroom is a relaxed & casual place to eat & drink. As a menu The Diningroom emphasises on what is local, what is Mediterranean; focusing as much as possible on local ingredients and local produce, with a fusion of international cuisine. The menu is unpretentious yet delicious and ranges from traditional to contemporary gastronomy, whilst the Special Menu is majorly crafted from fresh, seasonal ingredients. However what makes the Diningroom stand out is our innovative concept of “Chef’s Dinners”. This includes the creation of a bespoke menu to suit your needs. Patrons are encouraged to get in touch a couple of days before to discuss expectations, ingredients and budget and then leave the rest in the Chef’s capable hands. The combination of our culinary expertise along with your personal recommendations can only spell out an evening to remember!
Naxxar
“Par excellence”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I had the privilege on as yet, a few occasions to dine at this exquisite restaurant.

In short, the ambiance is perfect, the service, very friendly and just great and the food, divine! Presentation, taste, selection of dishes to die for, but don't take my word for it.

Try it out, and you'll know what I mean! :-)

• Visited June 2013

• Hungarian first
United Kingdom
“A Dining experience I definitely feel confident recommending!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I am not one that normally feels too confident recommending anywhere.....but The Diningroom certainly changed that, to the point that whenever my partner and myself are treating anyone special out to Dinner, this place takes priority over other restaurants for our peace of mind. Whether we chose from the menu of the day or even left it in the Chef's hands to surprise, we were always more than satisfied. The food is out of this world and service impeccable.
Well done to all the team!

• Visited July 2013
Malta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience and good food”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Really enjoyed my dining experience in this restaurant. Possibly one of the best in Mellieha and on the island of Malta. Prices are also reasonable and the food is excellent. Really worth a visit!!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Chris2872
Iklin Malta
“Service leaves much to be desired!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Good food and prompt service BUT:
1) why was it an issue to get a table at 830pm when half of the restaurant was empty?
2) barely 2 seconds after being seated, we were asked for still or sparkling water!
3) when we asked for an ice bucket the wine was taken away from our table
4) the cherry on the cake was that at 1115pm we were approached by the sweet but inexperienced waitress who adamantly stated that if we dont order our dessert now, the chef will leave!! This is while we were still having our second bottle of wine.

All in all, we paid 50€ a head and for this price, service has to be improved. Tks to the chef who waited for us ( after all it was the bookings manager who made us go at 915 rather than 830!)

• Visited September 2013
TheDiningRoomMalta, Manager at The Diningroom, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Dr Maria

Thank you for giving us feedback and the opportunity to make things right.

I would like to apologise to you personally that you were not satisfied with your experience. These do not happen often and I take great pride in knowing that all our customers leave this place satisfied.

We do stagger our bookings and that’s why when you called in the morning I told you if possible to come a bit later. Regarding the comment made by Dalila our waitress, that the chef is going to leave soon, I can assure that it was a misunderstanding as it was supposed to meant as a joke, and I do apologise on her behalf and for the misunderstanding. Again I do apologise and I do hope you will give us a second chance.
Please feel free to contact myself on the following email or number provided below

Mark
thediningroom@lhcmalta.com
79222098
Naxxar, Malta
“You must go!!!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Lovely restaurant, great service with a smile and excellent food!! The complimentary soup was delicious... the starters and main course were divine - especially the lobster bisque!! Will definitely be back soon!!

• Visited August 2013