“Fabulous stay”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Mellieha
Cheddar, United Kingdom
“Fabulous stay”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We had a great weeks holiday in this hotel, the room was spacious and clean with a lovely bathroom. Staff were welcoming and very helpful. Having a pool for over 18's was a good idea.
A good choice of restaurants, the food was fresh and the variety was good. It was in a great location with a beach across the road. The bus service was good (except on the sunday, the buses were not as reliable or on time, after waiting for a long while the bus drove straight passed us as it was full).
I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I would recommend a sea view room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank San_jim_12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,851)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Just returned from a two week stay at the Hotel Seabank. Upon arrival we were greeted with a buffet set out for those arriving late. Clean rooms, friendly and helpful staff and a excellent choice of food every night. Located directly across the road from the beach and a regular bus service we would definitely go again, have recommended to family and friends

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Peter M
west midlands
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

This is my review based on what I like from my holiday /hotel
Negatives reception has no wow factor bathrooms have no toiletrys
Restaurant ? At breakfast and lunch you have to get your own knives & folks tea and coffee like a canteen I know petty but ism on my holidays
Food very good something for everyone
Pools we spend all our time at adult pool which suited us
Family pool is just that
Rooms are large clean newly re decorated bathrooms fab shower
Tea & coffee in rooms good air con
Outside the hotel there is not a lot one shop couple of bars beach is pubic and crowded as not many beaches in Malta
Bus service is very good best way to travel and see the island
Visited Valletta mosta mdina local village had festival best fireworks we have ever seen but all the bars are far between and many empty old buildings lots of churches and history if your into that sort of thing
Staff are all very friendly and work hard would like to see them lay s table as quick as they clean them :) Malta is not for me and won't be returning to this hotel but you have to try for yourself if you like to go out need to be selima st Julian's area

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank WestMidlandsSandra
Exeter
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed in the Seabank Hotel for 10 days in July. It was one of the best holidays we have had. The Island is lovely with loads of history for those wanting to explore rather than spend all the time around the pool or on the beautiful beach. The hotel and rooms were spotless. Considering the size of the hotel, we never had to wait for a table in the dining room and were always provided with excellent freshly cooked food. There is something for everyone (we particularly liked the Oriental Restaurant) with plenty of fresh fruit, snacks and drinks.
We used the over 18s section of the pool for a little piece and quiet which was occasionally shattered with the arrival of guests who obviously hadn't seen the signs. We would sincerely like to thank Kristanu who managed to keep some form of order and remove children from this area. It was very much appreciated. (The rest of the pool was huge so there is plenty of space for the children and their families) Maybe more and bigger signs should be displayed?We personally never had any problem getting a sun lounger when we wanted at various times of the day.
All in all we had a great time - exploring the island on an open topped bus was to be recommended. So we will definatly be going back next year! Roll on!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Paul M
texas
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Well, here goes!

I spent 5 nights at the Seabank after forever googling "all inclusive resorts" in Europe.
The Tripadvisor award is what caught my eye.
I should add I came from the US and it took me two days of flying to get to Malta.
Before anyone thinks this is a complaint list I must say I am coming back next fall.

The only real con I can say (which no one else has) was the food. The cooks in the
main Coral restaurant did well with what they had to work with. It was prepared beautifully and presented likewise. Spotlessly, I might add. That was where it ended.
I had trouble deciphering the signs with what I tasted. It was, for me, tasteless. And I am not fussy.
That said, if you want 5 star food at an all inclusive, go to Club Med. They cater to french palettes. I didn't want their (un)hospitality.
The Brazilian restaurant was just as bad, if not worse. But, again, the servers aimed to
please. And the jacket potatoes were pretty good!
The Italian place was the exception. I think this was due to locals visiting, perhaps. The food and the deserts were not bad. And the french fries (chips) were wonderful. Something about this place that does potatoes well. Hm.
At the end of the week I went to eat in different villages and paid for a good meal but the fact that there was food at all hours in the hotel was, at least, convenient.
Didn't quite understand the tipping thing at an all inclusive but did so anyway.

Whining over.
Now the good parts!!
The room. I was amazed at the size and the nice touches such as soundproof balcony doors, large safe, small fridge, bottles of refillable water and (wait for it)
a SUNKEN BATHTUB. You would have to pay loads to find this tub in the US. At any property. Also, the water pressure was great and there were two big pump bottles of nice smelling body soap and shampoo.
Then there was the air conditioning. I live in a hot area of the US so this was really welcome. It shut off when you opened the balcony door which was a great idea, too, for saving energy.
The FREE internet worked everywhere in hotel and rooms and the reception was really good.

The pool was large but as there were too many toddlers swimming I chose to sunbathe and there was certainly no shortage of lounge chairs at any time.

The staff. Oh, the staff. This is the reason I will return. These people must be on happy pills. Never have I seen every single employee at an all inclusive (or any hotel) so friendly.
Just a special thanks to Marion and Milan who helped me out in finding a dentist when I had a dental emergency and calling a taxi to take me there.
To Annalise with the tour desk who was so cheerful all the time and even offered to give me a replacement tour when the free harbor cruise was cancelled due to weather.
Finally, to Malcomb in the Italian restaurant who always gave me a seat (as did the booking lady at the pool) at the last minute as I was traveling alone and to Brian at the same restaurant who was so gracious and interesting to talk with.

Due to a bad tooth I had to leave early but otherwise I would have stayed for the upcoming festival in Mellieha which is the best part of Malta for peace and quiet on a holiday.
I would also ignore the reviews about the seaview being loud. The view I saw would have been worth the extra money and the doors would have, I presume, shut out the road noise.

All in all I would come in October when the kids are back in school and it doesn't have rain (well, the days I was there it did!).
Short walk to village with all sorts of amenities and restaurants if you should want something different.

But, be forewarned... BRING A FLY SWATTER (seriously).
This is in all of Malta and not just the hotel.

Room Tip: I was on the fourth floor pool view as I wanted afternoon sun on the balcony. And great for drying...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank newtosouthamerica
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Just got back from a weeks holiday at the Seabank. My first impression was WOW...our room had a view of the pool and was way beyond our expectations. Really clean and spacious the maids came every day to make your bed and clean up your mess. The facilities were to standard although the indoor pool was being renovated at the time. The evenings entertainment was however somewhat stuck in the dark ages.

The food and drink was first class, lots on offer to suit everyone's taste but did get repetitive if you stayed in the same restaurant. During our stay we ate at the med and Brazilian restaurant which both are worth a look at...ESP the Brazilian as it serves the most divine meats!! There are also many drinks on offer and if you like cocktails your in for a treat.

The staff are very helpful and friendly...but if you check in before 2pm you will be left to wait. The hotel could benefit from more activities not only for children but for adults also possibly a games room?

All in all it was the best holiday I have ever been on and for sure will be back next year. Inhobbok Malta !!

Room Tip: Any of the double rooms are a must!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Georgina M
hubertdebono, General Manager at db Seabank Resort + Spa, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear Georgina M,

Primarily allow us to thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent Seabank experience. We are thrilled to have wowed you and that you fell in love with Malta.

We have taken note of your constructive comments which will be discussed during our management meetings. May I already advise you that when it comes to activities for adults, besides the archery, rifle shooting, beach volleyball, boules, beach soccer, table tennis, darts, dancing lessons, crazy golf, etc., we will be having some very interesting additions to our activities program. We already have a games room with billiards but this will be revamped in the coming weeks.

The evening shows have been a great success this year. We do understand that they will never be to everyone's tastes but the animation team has already started working on a new and improved program for next year which will also feature interesting surprises.

We are so happy to hear that this has been your best holiday so far. Rest assured that we will do our utmost to make it even better on your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,

Hubert Debono
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We have just returned from two weeks at the Seabank. Great hotel!
The 6 restaurants serve good food. Plenty of choice. In fact there is probably too much choice.
The staff at the hotel are very helpful, very friendly, quick and polite.
A special mention to Boris and his Animation team, especially to Alvaro, Alex & Dominika. Their effort skill & dedication is admirable.
The bar staff too deserve a mention for their devotion.
Accommodation is cleaned every day. Rooms are a good size too.
Our stay wasn't without its moments. The fire alarm went off twice one night in the early hours but only for a few seconds.
The pool area is nice with a special area for residents over 16 years. We read that Sunday attracts the locals and this was the case. They can only eat in one of the restaurants so as long as you've claimed your sunbed there isn't a problem.
We travelled as a party of 6 which included two older teenagers. There is plenty to occupy residents of all ages.
My first visit to Malta and I will return. The roads are a century behind ours but the traffic flows.
We went on the Malta open top bus tour. It's ok but be warned that it takes an hour by bus to get to the departure. Then 3 more hours on the tour!!! If you plan on visiting the Mosta Dome be forewarned also that they shut 11:45 until 3:00 for a siesta.
Another quality The Seabank has is they have Wifi all over the hotel, even by the pool, for free.
Simply put we will return in a couple of years.
Thank you for a relaxing fortnight.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank ptg1884
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mellieha
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands
Pergola Hotel & Spa
#5 of 12 in Mellieha
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,548 reviews
Paradise Bay Resort Hotel

Been to db Seabank Resort + Spa? Share your experiences!