“Excellent”

db Seabank Resort + Spa
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Mellieha
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We have just returned from what I can only explain as a fantastic holiday, we only booked a week just in case it didn't live up to what others had said about it being a great place, and I can honestly say I have never stayed at such a friendly, well maintained all inclusive resort, our room was on the 4th floor over looking the sea,the room itself was a good size and clean and was cleaned every day. The food was excellent, the staff were really helpful and friendly and we were always greeted with a smile. As a young girl I visited malta a few times staying in Valletta and St Julian's, but by far mellieha is a much nicer part of Malta. Nice beach, lots of places to visit, all in all a fantastic holiday. Thank you Seabank for making our holiday a great one. Can't wait to book for next year!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Angela M
There are newer reviews for db Seabank Resort + Spa

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed in this hotel after an exhaustive look on the Internet, viewing clips on YouTube and alike before taking the plunge as this was the first time in an all inclusive hotel. First impressions were very good, friendly staff and looked well organised. Our room overlooked the front of the hotel and was a sea view. We did ask for a quiet room and that was well worth it. The occasion was my birthday and the staff provided me with an individual cake and a bottle of wine. The all inclusive was unlike anything I have ever encountered before, as everything the drinks, food, staff and cleanliness was second to none. This hotel has recently been refurbished and this was obvious and the facilities were clean and kept tidy by their busy staff. After a week of relaxation in and around this hotel, I would definitely come back again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room if you do not want noise from the evening entertainment If you like Italian fo...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jayteepee_1999
hubertdebono, General Manager at db Seabank Resort + Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Jayteepee_1999,

Thank you for having chosen our resort for your holidays. We are thrilled that we have exceeded your expectations when it comes to the all-inclusive experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back... hopefully soon.

Best regards,

Hubert Debono

Reviewed September 4, 2013

yes this hotel is really really great! really deserve it you visit! you should definitely go for it! the food is super tasty! they have something for everyone! with all their types can you ale cultures of some taste! they have really crazy animations members! as well as for the smallest to the biggest! and not to forget!and evening then they have another super cute awesome shows! yes you go short to really do not want to go away from here we have been here and I was really crying! so short to me really miss anything there but certainly the animation members! as maikel, alex, alvaro, Domenika and that of the child animation and the DJ not to forget! We will definitely come back! i miss you really super bright! and this was the reaction of dorlyn!

Room Tip: get a room on the side of the sea! 5412 we had a room that did have sea views so you can maybe take...
1  Thank Dorlyn V
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed here at the end of July 2013 firstly this hotel is on the other side of Malta from the airport so it is a long transfer to the hotel, we flew with Ryanair which was fine we were greeted straight away so no hanging around for buses/taxis when we arrived at the hotel the reception was lovely and air conditioned the receptionist told us to put our bags in the luggage area and she promptly put our all inclusive bands on and told us to go into the dining area for some food as we had travelled for quite a while and gone from breakfast without food ( it was almost 10pm when we arrived) despite her best effort we were not in time and there was nothing left, she said she would have something sent to our room nothing arrived so I called reception to find out I was told the kitchen was closed and there was nothing so our 2 children or us had nothing to eat until the next morning obviously this was not the best start but at least she tried I suppose. We went for breakfast the next morning and I was pleasantly surprised it was decent food and I had a full English the food was great in all areas we did try the Italian ( jungle) on one night but it wasn't good at all but the Asian (Chinese food) was gorgeous if a little deep fried but still nice so no complaints for food. Animation team are fab they make this resort continually trying to engage people into games/activity's I am sure they must get bored as they work verrrry long hours 6 days a week but you would never have guessed they are always smiling and friendly, Kids club well it does not have the same rules for childcare as we do in the UK but so what its free to put them in so don't think its an opportunity to dump your kids all day everyday after all its a family resort so leave them at home with grandparents if you want a relaxing holiday as a couple our kids went 1 day for about 5 hours Gaia is the best member of the kids team very thoughtful and looking after kids best interest she also seemed to be the only one doing any entertaining of the kids while others sat and watched her she was fab still entertaining them at 9pm it must be exhausting work I take my hat off to her the heat was unbearable and yet all the animation team were great. Bar staff could have done with livening up a bit a little grumpy at times but it didn't spoil our holiday, the hotel is clean and well looked after if something was spilled it was cleaned straight away and they were continually cleaning the poolside toilets my kids became ill in our last 3 days here and I had to visit a pharmacy its easy to find however a word of warning I was told that it is against the law in malta to get on a bus unless completely covered up by clothing (obviously I didn't get on in my bikini) so just be aware even when its over 35 degrees and your in a rush for a pharmacy obviously this is not the hotels rule but just thought I would make the point, the local bus drivers well the first one I had fabulous very kind however every one I encountered after that was rude unhelpful and quite frankly a set of horrible people again this does not reflect the hotel just merely a point. The weather was boiling so another tip if you take kids always use beach shoes my kids has blisters that were burst and bleeding on every toe and sore patches under their feet despite wearing flip flops I found this hotel to be of good quality overall I would return here

Room Tip: if your going to be picky stay at home then you wont have anything to moan about if not then any roo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LauralovesherfamilyB
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We have just returned from Seabank hotel after having a fantastic time. There were 12 of us in our party ages ranging from 6 to 78 and all thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Staff are friendly, food fabulous and rooms really good . Animation staff are great. Would be happy to visit this hotel again!

1  Thank Ruth W
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Excellent service, staff very helpful, too much food but alot of variety. Services at SPA are very relaxing and efficient. Inside pool have the right temperature for winter. Every eve a great show and entertainment

Room Tip: We were on the pre top floor and sea view. Excellent view and very quite.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Cesline
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My family and I have Just got back from this wonderful hotel. Everything was clean room & floors cleaned and tidied every day. Nothing was too much trouble all were very polite and helpful. We had a few teething probs but most were delt with swiftly.
Food amazing 15 hours(not that we ate all that time) of non stop food, freshly cooked at different restaurants all day long, every day at the hotel. Catering for all tastes and offering lots of different cuisine. Our favourite was l Orient we booked to go there again our last night. We had two dbl rooms one for us and one for our teenagers, but they had a bigger balcony, ours was swashed in a corner but we could still see the pool area. if we went back again I would ask for normal size.. But apart from that we had a truly wonderful stay the entertainments team were terrific and worked extremely hard as did all the cooking and cleaning staff. We didn't spend any extra money, but there is a shop if u want a newspaper or something.my son loved the free non alcoholic cocktails bar and my husband & I loved the free alcoholic ones!!!
I've never been so compelled to write a review, but I just had to, this hotel is brilliantly run and maintained!!!

Room Tip: We had room 5405 with the tiny balcony but our kids had room 5407 next door and the had a huge balco...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mellieha
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands
#3 of 33 in Saint Julian's
Solana Hotel and Spa
Solana Hotel and Spa
#3 of 12 in Mellieha

Been to db Seabank Resort + Spa? Share your experiences!