“Top hotel”

db Seabank Resort + Spa
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Mellieha
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We have recently returned from a fabulous 2 week holiday at the seabank. I scrutinised trip advisor for hotels in Malta, before booking the Seabank, our holiday company wanted us to change our holiday to a different hotel ( due to upgrade of hotel still being in process) on the advice of other holiday makers via seabanks fb page was advised to book direct with hotel, which I did and am so glad I did.

Room
We we're in a junior suite which was spacious, air conditioning worked well , shower good, two large screen televisions ,we did not use them much except for an odd time and found a kiddies channel tiny pop which our two girls loved, our room was kept very clean

Food & All inclusive
The food in buffet coral restaurant and pool bar was of high standard and delicious and cannot understand anyone's complains , I can only assume they are very fussy eater, the variety and creativity of the chefs were excellent , my 6 year old daughter tried loads of food she had not tasted before including , mini fish and mussels.It was good to eat in different restaurants as well ,although the menus were very similar ( bar food really ) it was nice to be served food for a change.
We really enjoyed the buffet oriental restaurant
Food and drinks on tap all day, well organised and no queuing

Entertainment & kids
This was what made this hotel special. The Animation team were worth their weight in gold. Work hard to entertain all ages from morning to night with high energy and smiles and laughter , from aqua gym and splash dance and body combat and dance classes for me , to water polo and volleyball for my husband , kids mini disco activities and face painting for our girls. They also provided a lot of the entertainment at night which was not to everyone's taste but was lighthearted high energy and entertainment , for those who were not keen on it ? What do they expect , bingo ? , I enjoyed their dancing and music, there was a couple of acts brought in the magician was outstanding and worth seeing.
The FTI kids club was terrific and my girls loved their time there , Vanessa & Jelto were great with kids and I have never used this type of service before but felt my girls were safe we'll looked after and having fun. I believe that FTI may be pulling out this service as more British kids than German , so I hope the seabanks provides and equally excellent service when the time comes
The kids play area and small water slides and pool well set out
Soft play area could be better supervised , we were always watching our children and sat in vista restaurant but my oldest girl got her back bitten ( but I suppose this could happen anywhere)

Staff
All staff friendly and helpful and aimed to serve us the client, hard working

Cleanliness
Cannot fault the standard of cleaning , public area I noticed specifically , toilets reg being wiped down, also at buffet areas staff always wiping up spllls almost instantly

Pools
Two large clean outdoor pools lovely to swim in , although a bit chilly on initial plunge was refreshing, I even got up at 7 some mornings for length swimming and got to use top pool which was great also gym can be used early once cleaners have finished
Indoor pool and jacuzzi a bonus a little chilly at times so could be a bit warmer but a benefit to hotel

Malta is a lovely country and steeped in history , plenty to do and see , beach across the road from hotel , which was nice for a paddle at night also
The Seabank has a feel good factor to it and due to the multicultural mix of holidaymakers , met some lovely people.
We would definitely recommended this hotel and if returning to Malta would stay here again, maybe even next year :-) high five Seabank

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Susan M
Write a ReviewReviews (6,227)

Reviewed October 21, 2012

just returned after two very good weeks at the seabanks it,s hard to fault without sounding like a moaning old sod but i cannot get quite so carried away although if returning to malta this would be my first choice. location of the hotel is spot on right by the beach which means you get those lovely sea breezes to make the heat more bearable because even in the first two weeks of october the weather was plenty warm enough for me two storms one huge in the fortnight was all we had the rest was nearly pure sunshine. we were in the original building of which the rooms have had a complete refurb,the best we,ve stayed in? i would say so, in my opinion nicely decorated first time ever i,ve been able to put all my clothes away in cupboards or hangers,it,s just so strange that barney bodger fitted the fan my better half wouldn,t have it on as she thought it was going to launch itself across the room.not enough milk left for the tea drinkers but if you talk nice to your cleaner she,ll leave you more i heard moans about some of the cleaners but mine was first class she couldn,t do enough for us.one bigger winge for me was the lack of a british news channel they had german,italian,maltese,but no english! they have cbbc and other beeb channels so it shouldn,t be hard to keep us informed of g.b.news.food wise gordon ramsey it certainly isn,t but it o.k some days better than others you should have no problems finding something to eat lots of choice in the cake department for you sweet tooths,again i have one observastion on the weekends a lot of local people choose to stay and dine here the food on those days i think is of a distinctly higher choice and quality which begs the question if they can raise the bar for the local guests surely they can do it for the holiday guests? did the oriental,mexican,jungle and the maya restaurants,the jungle being the poorest the rest were fine and apart from the oriental it was a nice change to be waited on. people moaned about the entertainment what do people want? it,s not vegas but in the two weeks we had the magician twice an italian crooner who must have a mirror in every room he spent so much time preening himself a o.k.singer with his organ(musical) the beatles(didn,t know they,d reformed) and elvis who looks great for his age! it didn,t get me screaming but it was a lot better than some people had painted it the animation team to say they were poor is a bit of an insult not my cup of tea but they never stopped all day and night what they did may not have been to every ones liking but the did their very best and you can,t ask for more.for the parents with small children this place must be heaven they are so looked after.the other big problem here which is not the hotels fault but on occasions was maddening was the flies i know some said to get over it but it really is at times a nightmare a solution i haven,t got one but i wish someone could find one.the staff is the one constant here you cannot fault their workrate or ethic outstanding,no need to add more.good value holiday and apart from one or two little niggles as i said if returning it will be the seabank i return to.only downside to going out visiting other towns watch the touts they will harass you if you let them tell them you have no credit card and they suddenly lose interest with you

Room Tip: original building has the morning sun when overlooking the pool
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I havee just returned from a 13night stay at the Seabank Hotel in Mellieha, Malta. I have been to Malta many times but this was the first stay in teh Seabank and I have to say that it was probably the best Hotel and Holdiay I have ever had. Having been completely rebuilt and re-opened this year (2012) so is new, modern, clean and well designed. The hotel overlooks the bay whih is a beaautiful Sandy beach. W we chose a room with a seaview. All rooms have a balcony whether pool facing or sea facing so what ever is yoru preference you can open your patio doors and sit and enjoy the view. Rooms are air conditioned with an additional over head fan if you need. The bed was about 7 foot wide and was so comfortable. A large flat screen TV faces the bed and along side the wardrobe was a cupboard with Safe and frridge. Also provided as stanadrd in the rooms were addtional pillows and a duvet if you felt the need. The bathroom had an over bath shower and a jacuzzi bath. Absolutely spotless and up to date furnishings and faciilities were throught the hotel. The main pool is lovely with more than enough sunbeds for all. Towels are available at a 10 Euro deposit. Ther a re 5 restaurants all includied in th All Inclusive package. Two of the restaurants are off site about 100 metres down the road by the sea. We ate in the main Coral Restaurant every day as there was simply so much to chose from and it was of such good quality and cleanlinesss didn;t feel the need to venture to the other restaurants. Food in the Coral restaurant is buffet style and wine, beer and soft drinks are available on tap. The hotel also has a Spa, bowling allies, pool tables, jacuzzi, Indoor pool, table tennis, kids clubs. The onsite Animation team provided evening entertainment as well as day time pool side activities like Aqua Aerobics, Water polo and water volleyball,You can also book a number of excursions from the hotel. My partner is a keen Scuba diver so was delighted to find Sea Shells A local dive school just 100 metres down the road from the hotel which I woudl also recommend. We are alreaay looking to book to go back early next year. .

Room Tip: I think all rooms are good but we requested a quiet sea view room and I have to say they really are...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Carole A
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We decided to have our holiday and wedding at the Seabank in Sept/Oct we had the first week as a family of 5 and what a wonderful week it was.. EVERYTHING was fab... The hotel itself was immaculate...Food- which there is a great variety of choice and different restraunt to to choose from, bar staff, reception staff , cleaners and the animation team and kids club staff were excellent... The best we have come across... For the second week we had another 29 family and friends join us for our wedding and again it was an excellent week (apart from it going too quickly) for a wedding venue we would highly recommend the Seabank..everything was perfect.. Out of a large group of 34 people in total everyone loved the hotel and noone had anything negative to say... We can't wait to visit the Seabank again.. Well done to everyone who works there and made our stay so memorable :) xx

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2012

From the moment we arrived we had a ball, our room was not ready when we arrived at lunch time so we were shown into the resturant so we could have lunch while our room was being prepared. You wont get that in any hotel in the UK. Front desk staff quick and easily changed our room without any problem or making us feel it was to much bother for them. Upgrade was amazing. Zava was fab at keeping our room looking good. Pool cant fault it, lots of sunbeds, lots of space in the nice cave bar when you need to get out of the sun. Great selection of choice in all resturants, in fact you could say to much choice ha ha ha. wonderful food. Entertainers appeared to work well with the children but we were very disappointed with the evening entertainment. The reuse of water bottles is one of the best ideas we have come across, more hotels should be taken notice of this. Hotel have their own rep for help when looking for an excursion, if you cant find holiday reps. Kids area is real good at the pool, small pool, slides etc looked good. We would recomend this hotel spa for any holiday. This was our honeymoon and we felt happy,relaxed and glad we choose this hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor over looking the pool, great views and no noise.
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Just returned from the Seabanks today , and I can only echo all the comments marked ''excellent''. The food was absolutely outstanding in quality and diversity. There was plenty of variety and the attention to detail meticulous. The Hotel had recently been refurbished to an excellent standard and was very stylish in its new format.
The staff were very polite and courteous and were all only too keen to please. I did not hear any complaints in relation to the staff or the quality of service.
The Hotel did its bit to be environmentally friendly by having a policy of recycling its plastic water bottles by filling them up yourself at the bottom of the lifts by the water coolers. A great idea which some may construe as being cheap , but more informed visitors ''innovative and prudent'' which I myself would subscribe to. One must remember that Malta is a very small Island with a very big population and therefore every effort to conserve water must be applauded.Why some people take exception to filling water bottles up is totally beyond me.

The Hotel pool and layout was also of the highest standard and catered well for younger families. There was a jacuzzi and indoor pool too which were both very stylish in apperance and a couple of other restaurants which catered in the main for the more 'Burger & Chips' brigade' and those families which preferred not to experiment with the excellent and more European menu style in the main restaurant.
The only area where there was the odd slight moan was the entertainment on offer , but to be honest I thought it was fine. It certainly didn't detract from my appreciation of the outstanding value for money the hotel represented on the whole.

1  Thank sandrawalkingwhisker
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have just returned from a 7 day stay at the seabank.
On arrival it was disappointing to have to wait for a room to be ready until 2pm, especially when a week later we vacated the hotel at 7am.
The food in the Coral restaurant was of a good standard but considering it has recently been refurbished I would shoot the interior designer! It was like eating in a school canteen. Very white, bland and without enough soft surfaces to soften the noise. In fact the decor t hroughout was bland, cold and the furnishings were not of a high standard.
The staff however, are a great asset to the hotel. The reception staff are extremely helpful and restaurant staff worked their socks off, although at peak times there simply was not enough of them to keep up and it was necessary to clear a table ourselves.
The toilets in public areas require more regular monitoring as on many occasions they had not been cleaned, toilet rolls replaced and hand towel bin emptied.
Bedrooms although still on the cold bland style were spacious, clean and the bathroom was very modern with an excellent shower. I think laminated instructions on how bathroom fittings function would be helpful as the handbasin plug in our room had been misused and thus failed to function properly.
The hotel is in a beautiful location with excellent views of the bay from both the bar and the dining room.
The pool area is very good with lots of sunbeds and the landscaping is very attractive- shame the landscaper couldn't do the inside!
My opinion overall is that the refurbishment has been done on a budget and they need to employ more staff.

Room Tip: We had a room at the end of the new wing near the outdoor pool 3458. It faced the back of the hotel...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mellieha
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands
Paradise Bay Resort Hotel
Hilton Malta
Hilton Malta
#3 of 33 in Saint Julian's

Been to db Seabank Resort + Spa? Share your experiences!