2,561 results
All reviews hola beach lobby bar the bus marfa bay blue lagoon gozo ferry indoor pool animation team sea view salt water all inclusive drinks quiet area all inclusive package relaxing holiday plenty of sunbeds half board fresh towels
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020

My late teen son and I stayed for 11 days over the Christmas period taking in visits to relatives and a well earned break.

I had written to the hotel prior to our stay to request a quiet room away from generator noise ( for some reason we are always placed in noisy rooms on hols) on the top floor, this was kindly given to us room no.539. Only problem the very large patio doors to the balcony were faulty so the first night was very noisy due to being on the coast at the top of the island which is very exposed to the elements - we had a few very windy stormy days to begin with. We informed reception to see if we could move rooms, the room we were given to inspect was above the generators !!!! so we stuck with our room for another windy night - the hotel handy man did come and visit and fixed the problem early the very next day so we were fine for the rest of our stay. Very prompt service!

Rooms were lovely and airy, very clean and kept clean by staff, which were lovely but a bit noisy with trollies and moving beds a bit too early in the morning. I noted a tip on here from another traveller who was not happy with her uncomfortable bed - I had the same but asked for a doubled up duvet to place over the hard bed - this worked a treat I must say the pillows were extremely comfy - I wish had taken a note of the brand to buy one !

Food was good and fare in the main restaurant - plenty of choice both for breakfast ( but avoid around 9.15 it was a bit chaotic!) and evening - as we were only bed and breakfast we paid €26.50 each for dinner and all you can drink which I thought was a bit expensive as sometimes you just dont want to be drinking gallons with your dinner ! - you could not take drink out into the reception after either !
Bitterly disappointed that the Lebanese restaurant was closed for the WHOLE duration of our 11 day stay - it one of the reason I booked this hotel.
The Chinese restaurant opened only thursday to sunday - We only went once - food was pretty poor. My son found a piece of scouring pad in his meal - the staff were very apologetic and could not do enough for us though, and we did not pay for the meal.

Being Christmas it was busy but the staff coped well, the reception staff on the whole were extremely pleasant apart from one blonde lady (not the lovely Scottish lady) who just didn't seem to give any correct info eg: we went to the neighbouring hotel to find out about the buses for xmas day as she had no clue and was no help ! Thought the animation staff were very poor and not very animated at all during our stay. Evening entertainment was 1 star maximum, pretty mediocre.

Thought the Christmas groups singing and playing in the early evening in reception on the run up to the Christmas day was a lovely touch, as was the Christmas market.

When the sun came out and the wind dropped it was a pleasant area to explore on foot and a good temperature for a long walk. We watched the ferries come and go from the port which was eventful on the rough seas!

As we are frequent visitors to Malta we found this hotel more thumbs up than down and had a lovely pleasant stay but I dont think I'd go back during the winter due to its location but maybe in the summer.

Room tip: We found the top floor generally quite and away from main hotel noise
Date of stay: December 2019
ela070783, Guest Relations at LABRANDA Riviera Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2020

Dear Lynda H,

Thanks you for your comments. We are sorry regarding your first few windy days, but are pleased to hear that you were happy with the service of our maintenance team.
We are a big hotel and at time it can be busy, this is also why we are open from 18.00 till 21.00 so there is enough time for everybody to have a pleasant time for their diner.
We are happy to read you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we hope you will return to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed January 19, 2020

Familly winter stay in January so short days and idea was to keep my son busy in the swimming pool or sauna in the evenings. Well I was quite surprised when spa staff asked us to leave the indoor pool as children are only allowed between 10-12 and 15-17. Not allowed in the sauna at all. Shame I wasn't informed about it when I was booking our stay would definitely choose a different hotel. Other then that our stay was nice and comfortable, food was nice and a good variety of it.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Daer Guest,

I appreciate your constructive feedback! These timings are in place to also let people who would like to rest at the indoor pool have some time for themselves.

Reviewed January 18, 2020

We stayed at Hotel Labranda (still known as Riviera locally) for 2 weeks in January. The weather was cooler than we had expected, but sunny most days and we enjoyed our exploration of Malta and Gozo. From the hotel there is fantastic local bus service, ferry to islands and local tours collect and deliver from hotel. The staff at the hotel were all excellent, the rooms had balcony, good size bathroom with walk in shower, fast lifts, good dining facilities and entertainment most evenings. I enjoyed the quiet countryside and bays away from the busy centres. A great winter getaway.

Date of stay: January 2020
ela070783, Guest relations at LABRANDA Riviera Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2020

Dear Kathy W.

I am pleased to hear you had a lovely stay at our hotel during your winter getaway!

Reviewed January 17, 2020

The hotel was amazing but my friends and I enjoyed our buffet meals the most at labranda riviera hotel. Our main chef was Hery Ebi and he cooks well and serves the food with a happy smile and for that reason, during the three nights we were there, we actually had all our meals in the main part of the hotel. The hotel rooms were great too and very comfortable.
Will definitely be going back for food.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

thank you for booking with us and for the constructive feedback along with your hotel ranking. We hope to welcome you again in LABRANDA Riviera Hotel and Spa.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 15, 2020

Location on the northern point of Malta situated on small harbor and within walking distance of ferry over to Gozo and Comino. Rooms and all facilities have obviously been refurbished . Decent size walk in shower good size bathroom twin queen size beds all furniture new in excellent condition. Three restaurants, we were on half board food and meals superb selection buffet style and so well filled piping hot. Staff all English speaking nothing too much trouble. The bus transport system is excellent with travel between the full length of island costing 4 euros. Bus cards can be purchased for €15 enabling 12 journeys. Each journey can last up to 2 hours. Thoroughly enjoyed walking the promenades and coffee houses. Well worth day out to Gozo free across on ferry and €4.80 back to Malta. €15 for a full days open tophop on hop off bus criss crossing the island with English commentary included.

1  Thank Christopher P
ela070783, Guest Relations at LABRANDA Riviera Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Our locations is definitely one of the things we are very proud of about our hotel. We are so lucky to have a property near the sea and at a very strategic location that brings our guest just a few steps away from must-see attractions and modern-day conveniences.

Best regards,