Very good first impressions. Modern, spacious room & reception area, pleasant grounds, even with outdoor pools drained and beach area unmaintained it made for a pleasant stroll. There were loungers & chairs set out for those willing to catch some early sun. Sadly it didn't fully deliver, but good points first:
-spacious seaview room was well worth the surcharge - lovely view of the bay & Gozo ferries (as opposed to car parking on the other side. )
- nice, modern, big bathroom with very good, strong shower
-Free Wifi in the lobby, which had a cosy, comfy layout
- breakfast was good with a selection to fit most tastes, unless one wanted non-reformed meats in the continental section..
-friendly & efficient staff e.g balcony light was fixed in no time; on all but that one day when our room did not get cleaned at all; particularly annoying due to toiletries being served in single dose sachets, no top up meant we were out..
Now the real disappointments:
-asked for a double room on booking. Got two twin beds.. We managed to zip mattresses together on 2nd night ourselves..
-asked for a quiet room, got one surrounded by some teenage school (?) tour screaming and shouting down the corridors
~Restaurant lacking a real a la carte option coupled with resorts remote location will prove a problem for anyone without transport and unwilling to pay €20 for buffet or €27 for a fixed menu..
× leisure area.. One of the main reasons for choosing this resort disappointed the most. Opened till 7only, no good for those out exploring during the day..
Indoor pool looks nice, but is way too cold to relax in, nowhere near the 27-29°C it was supposed to be. More a 21°C good for swimming laps, but too small and full of kids for that..
Not had a chance to try/find either the sauna or steam, can only assume they closed with Spa / reception at 6. (7 in hotel brochure..)
Gym is small, but ok as not busy. Left to its own devices a lot of the equipment is in desperate need of some attention/lubrication. No opening times are advertised anywhere and only by getting kicked out half way through routine by security found out what time its supposed to close..
A personal bugbear of mine is displaying cards re not changing towels if not in bathtub (and charging for spa/beach towels) and then replacing them every day..
Balcony lights turned on all night in the whole resort with no way of turning them on further stain their green credentials..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ramla Bay Resort is situated on the northernmost shore of Malta, limits of Mellieha. The resort offers spectacular views of the sister islands of Comino and Gozo and is blessed with ample land and surrounded by landscaped gardens. Malta’s most popular sandy beach of Mellieha is just a few kilometres away, accessible by public transport. Amenities include: *private sandy beach,*3 outdoor / 1 indoor pool, spa, *water sport centre, tennis court as well as meeting and conference facilities. (* May to October) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramla Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramla Bay Hotel Mellieha
- Hotel Ramla Bay
- Ramla Bay Resort Malta/Mellieha
- Ramla Bay Malta
- Malta Ramla Bay
- Ramla Bay Hotel Malta