“Lovely hotel”
Review of Ramla Bay Resort

Ramla Bay Resort
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Mellieha
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Just left Ramla Bay, and sat waiting for our flight! We didn't want to leave, and have already looked into coming back to the hotel in may.
Hotel is best we've stayed in in Malta. Staff were all friendly maids do an excellent job cleaning the spacious rooms.
Reception staff likewise nothin is too much trouble, they arranged car hire as soon as we arrived and car was delivered within half hour of us checking in.
We came back to Malta for my birthday, and travelled the whole island, the history of Malta is very interesting and lots of places to visit.
The food at Ramla bay was very nice lots of choice even though we were only bed and breakfast.
Two highly satisfied customers who will be returning very soon thanks for everything
the Gaskells.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank kikv
martinfrandon, Manager at Ramla Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear kikv

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Ramla Bay Resort during your recent visit to our Islands. And thank you also for your lovely comments. We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your holiday so much and that we played a part in making it so special for you.
With pleasure, we will share your post with the team at the Resort.

We look forward to welcoming you again, hopefully in the very near future.

There are newer reviews for Ramla Bay Resort

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Ramla Bay hotel late October 2012 with my boyfriend. The rooms were very spacious, clean and modern. The only fault was we were forever swatting flies so we could not leave our balcony door open.

The hotel is in a secluded spot quite far out so unless you go all inclusive, you have a 20 minute journey to Mellieha town where there is a selection of restaurants.

Would recommend buying a week's bus pass for €12 as you can go anywhere and everywhere in Mellieha on the bus. We used our bus tickets to its full advantage.

We did not book all inclusive and on our 1st day, we landed around 6pm. We were hungry and tired so decided to eat at the hotel restaurant for our 1st night only. Before we were seated we were asked how we would like to pay and I responded 'cash'. The waitress wrote this down on a receipt along with 2x adults. Then when seated, another waitress took our drinks order to which we ordered one coke and one diet coke, she then asked us how we were paying, again I responded 'cash'. After finishing our meal, we went to the till and again was asked how we were paying. My response? Cash. We paid for our meal in CASH and was given a hand written receipt which they kept a copy of too.

I thought no more if it and was clearing out my bag one day and threw away all my receipts. Big mistake. Always keep your receipts especially for anything purchased at this hotel.

On checking out, the receptionist presented me with a bill of around €40. At 1st I thought it was some kind of hidden room charges and questioned it. The receptionist said it was a bill for the meal we had on the 1st night. I told her we had settled it on the 1st night and paid cash. She told me she would speak to the restaurant manager and to come back after we had finished breakfast.

I hastily returned after breakfast, my boyfriend following 5 minutes later expecting the mistake to be rectified but as I approach I see a stern faced, plump, dark haired woman looking at me. The receptionist informed me, that they cannot find a record of my payment. I tell them I definitely paid. The restaurant manager's attitude in response was absolutely appalling. She had no customer service skills and told me to show them proof. I told her I threw the receipt away and said she should have a better system in place of recording payments so you don't upset your customers like this to which she responded 'well you should have paid!' By now I was upset and was reduced to tears by the way I was being treated and voices were raised. My boyfriend tried to comfort me and in the end the restaurant manager just walked off and the receptionist decided not to pursue the fake charges as they knew they were in the wrong.

For that reason only even with the hotel being so far out from town, I would not recommend this hotel....but would recommend Malta.

In closing, I would advise, the restaurant manager to drop the disgusting attitude, develop some customer service skills and put in place a robust system for logging payments so their staff can stop stealing it and their customers wont get blamed for it.

As you can see, I am still very upset by this ordeal. I was humiliated and made to feel like a thief. Never in my life have I ever experienced such appalling behaviour.

Just to be clear, I paid CASH

• Stayed: October 2012
16  Thank MissssT
martinfrandon, Manager at Ramla Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear MissssT

We are very concerned with the contents of your post.

For correctness sake we need to investigate your claim since your insinuations are quite serious.

We kindly ask you to contact us directly on salesoffice@ramlabayresort.com stating your name and date of stay. Once received we shall investigate and take corrective action if need be. Rest assured that it is not our policy to allow anything of the sort to go with no action from our end however it would have been a great help if you brought up the case way back last October.

We are pleased that you have enjoyed your holiday on our Islands and we hope you will return.

Looking forward to receiving your email.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Have returned today from Ramla Bay Hotel in Malta, have to say they know how to look after their guests.
The staff are superb,be it in the reception, the bar , the restaurant or the caring of the rooms, could not fault them.
We were pleasantly surprised at how well this resort hotel coped with whatever came up on a day to day basis,nothing was too much trouble whatever ones needs may be.
The room we had was a basic, we were amazed at its size,its comfort and its overall suitability for purpose. A set of tea and coffee making facilities was provided, althought not standard for the basic room , it was no problem. We had a fridge provided with soft drinks, water, and alcohol, free of charge, which again was a pleasant surprise.
The indoor pool, and spa were superb, clean and obliging, which at this time of year is excellent, robes and large towels were provided at additional cost (not excessive)which again is a boost when one thinks of packing and limited baggage allowances.
The restaurant facility was superb, i defy anyone to say that there was nothing to suit their taste, be it breakfast, lunch or evening meal, Bravo, and also to the staff who look after it, they are marvellous.
There are trips a pleny most days arranged by local reps and the entertainment in the evenings is orchestrated by a young man with a heart as big as you could wish, he never stops trying !!!!
I can only judge by our own experience, and to be fair the resort has a fair share of European visitors, if you are not prepared to share cultures and tastes then perhapsyou should look eleswhere, however if you embrace what is on offer and move with the flow then you will succeed at Ramla Bay Resort.

Room Tip: Sea facing rooms may be a little chilly at this time of year, however extra blankets are provided as...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank BirminghamLeslie
martinfrandon, Manager at Ramla Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Dear BirminghamLeslie

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Ramla Bay Resort and thank you for taking the time to post this review. We are so delighted to read that we have met and exceeded your expectations.
It is our pleasure to read such comments and to share them with the Members of the Team, who do their utmost to give our guests the best experience. We are honoured with the ‘Super Hotel’ description. Thank you.

Hoping you will return and we will have the opportunity to welcome you again for another Super Holiday.

Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Had a winter week at this hotel with my wife and we enjoyed every minute.
The staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
The hotel was spotlessly clean and the meals were varied and plentiful.
Will seriously think of returning.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank John D
martinfrandon, Manager at Ramla Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Dear John D,

Thank you for your kind note and for staying at The Ramla Bay Resort. We are glad to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us and thank your doctor on our behalf.
We are also pleased to read that you might return and I look forward to meeting you next time round.

Best regards to you and your doctor

Martin farrugia Randon

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We panicked when we were the last ones off the bus but the hour long journey from the airport was worth it. The hotel wasn't fully up and running, given the time of year, but the weather was lovely, the rooms were big and airy, the shower was marvelous; hot and powerful and the food delicious with ample choice. The beds were actually comfortable with nice pillows! It's just unfortunate that the sheets weren't changed after we arrived and the sun beds outside were all ripped and the pool and surrounding areas were dirty. The steam room was lovely and the indoor pool, though small, was very relaxing.

Room Tip: We had a room on the ground floor which didn't get any sun but the uneven numbers seemed to get...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sue m
martinfrandon, Manager at Ramla Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear sue m

Thank you for choosing the Ramla Bay Resort for your recent holiday on the Maltese Islands, and thank you also for posting this review.

We are pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay, found the bedroom comfortable and our cuisine delicious.

By the looks of it, you must have arrived right after some bad weather which, unfortunately affects our outdoor pool area. Bed linen is changed 3 times each week, and towels are changed daily.

Malta & Gozo are blessed with sunny days also in winter, and we are glad that you made the best out of them.

Hoping to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Had a great time at Ramla Bay for a short winter weekend break. The room was very spacious and cosy snd with a flat screen. Food was very good and with a variety to choose from both for breakfast and dinner. Staff was friendly and helpful. Would definitely go again.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Claire G

Dear Claire G

Thank you for choosing our Resort for your recent short break. We are pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay, especially our cuisine, and that you plan to return.

Thank you also for taking the time to post this review, and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

The Hotel Staff were fantastic although the weather was bad,The room was like a football pitch very comfortable Although we were on a B&B we soon upgraded to Half Board the food and choice were excellent.If your looking for peace and quite this is the hotel for you. No Disco's bars clubs Great! Car is a must although bus is very cheap. Word of warning car Hire starts cheap then hidden charges gets expensive £40 week inc ins full Del / coll 20 Euro + 40 euro half Tank Fuel you pay double for fuel cost me 20 euros to half fill Tank Rip off ( Not part of the Hotel ). The Hotel cleaning staff were so friendly and take pride in there work.Rooms were spotless a major asset to the Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank mark320_13
martinfrandon, Director of Sales at Ramla Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Dear Mark 320-13,
Thank you for spending your recent ‘winter break’ with us. We are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us, notwithstanding the bad weather.
We look forward to host you once again, maybe for a ‘summer break’ next time, so even the weather won’t disappoint you.

Regards

Martin Farrugia Randon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mellieha
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands
#2 of 14 in St. Paul's Bay
Solana Hotel and Spa
Solana Hotel and Spa
#3 of 12 in Mellieha

Been to Ramla Bay Resort? Share your experiences!