Im a great believer in 1st impressions.We arrived at the hotel at 12 noon the receptionist told us we could not book in until 15.00 and continued with her duties,I had to ask her if we could leave our suitcases somewhere and where was the bar and pool and would it be possible to have our all inclusive wrist bands, this hotel has a problem with guest that are all inclusive, You are treated as 2nd class guests, The room has tea & coffee when they run out you have to purchase more from the shop, the mini fridge has complimentry drinks again when they run out you have to purchase more from the bar, they have nice bauggetts on show but when you ask for one you get a stale pack of sandwiches out of the fridge and the drinks are very limited, they have carlsberg and a local larger on tap but when you ask for a beer you get a german beer out of a can from the fridge, they also use a different type of lemonade for all inclusive guests. we paid an extra £200 each to be all inclusive and we were made to feel 2nd class.
The hotel is secluded its the last hotel on the island near a busy main road opposite the ferry terminal to gozo there is an under pass you can use to get to the beach and a concrete area they use for the childrens disco, whilst we were there they used this area for a local wedding so it was closed to guests, The hotel also sold the hotels facilities to the locals and at weekends and public holidays the hotel got very busy eg sunbeds and queues for food, the local children ran around unsupervised and the parents seem to have a problem with the guests.
The hotel it self was very clean the rooms are spacious and well equipped the beds were hard the pillows lumpy we asked for a double but got two singles pushed together the maid came in everyday to clean and make the beds. There are no night time walks no bars no shops no restaurants a good bus service your ticket lasts all day (£1.50).
The food at this hotel was'nt too bad, not a lot of fresh fruit other than that ok.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Beautifully situated overlooking the picturesque sister Islands of Gozo & Comino with its own private sandy beach, ideal for all ages." This very popular, spacious, comfortable and well-run family hotel has a secluded location surrounded by the clear warm water of the Mediterranean making it ideal for a leisurely holiday in the sun. English is widely spoken throughout the hotel by the staff. The Resort is situated in a secluded location surrounded by the clear warm water of the Mediterranean. The standard fittings for all bedrooms are of air-conditioning, television + radio, direct dial telephone, trouser press with iron and ironing board, mini bar (stocked on request), hairdryer, ceiling fan, safe (local charge) and en-suite bathroom. Some bedrooms are large enough to accommodate 4 persons. We also offer rooms with facilities for the physically challenged and the hotel is fully accessible with ramps and lifts to all public areas. A small ferry harbour to Gozo is situated a short distance away from the hotel and a regular public bus service operates to the main towns of Sliema and Valletta stopping at en-route towns and villages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HostelWorld, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradise Bay Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Bay Hotel Mellieha
- Paradise Bay Mellieha
- Paradise Bay Hotel Malta
- Paradise Bay Malta
- Paradise Bay Resort Hotel Malta/Mellieha