“A WELL RUN HOTEL”

Paradise Bay Resort Hotel
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Mellieha
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We have just returned from a great holiday in Malta.
We stayed here and found it great.
The rooms are very large with plenty storage space. They are also well equipped with TV, fridge, hair dryer, iron, trouser press and tea making facilities. (Free Wi-Fi is available in the lobby.) All rooms have balconies with a sea view but those to the front overlook the Gozo ferry but we enjoyed watching this.
They are spotlessly clean and kept that way by a diligent housekeeping staff.
All staff pleasant and helpful, I had a flat battery and the receptionist brought his own car out to give me a jump start.
The dining room has a stunning sea view.
Breakfast is served buffet style and there is plenty choice in cold meats salads and lovely locally baked bread.
My only disappointment was the lack of choice in the cooked breakfast section.
The bacon (when offered) was very fatty with very little meat.
We gave up on the cooked breakfast and settled for the cold meat which was fine.
This was the only issue with the hotel which was otherwise excellent and great value for money.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ronnie J
SMF001, Manager at Paradise Bay Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

I appreciate that you repeated the word Great as it is rewarding to all of our staff when a client enjoys their break with us and appreciates that they have received value for money..

Thank you.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,358)

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Stayed at this hotel a few years ago the rooms were clean, good shower and bath. The staff were very friendly, food was excellent we were half board. close to bus and ferry port. The most beautiful view of the bay especially when the sun was setting you can sit in the restaurant and watch the sun go down. MOST RELAXING HOLIDAY EVER. Going back in two weeks can't wait to be back in paradise

• Stayed: May 2013

It is nice to know that you memory of our establishment has left this lasting appreciation and I trust that you repeat visit to us shall be just as memorable.

Thank you.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stayed at the paradise bay in February for four days with husband, teenage daughter and family friend of nearly seventy. All of us enjoyed our stay. The rooms were spacious with lovely views. We found being next to the ferry port very advantageous for a visit to Gozo. Although many visitors we encountered were happy with the local and frequent buses we found hiring a car a great advantage to accessing all corners of the island. We had two meals in the bar restaurant and they were able to accommodate our eccentricities with no problems. The breakfast menu was basic but satisfying and with the amazing low cost of our stay I feel we got terrific value for the money we paid. I only wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank Karenfitzs

Thank you for stating your satisfaction and I trust that you shall consider us for a longer repeat holiday.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stayed a few days in this hotel with my son and we came back delighted with our stay. The hotel is in a quiet environment, away from the crowds. The room was very comfortable, the staff very friendly and the meal there was a large selection buffet. Single fault the room was not very soundproof, noise from neighboring rooms and the corridor could be heard.
A stay at again!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Josette C

It is nice to hear that you returned back home after staying with us feeling delighted with your stay.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Just arrived back from our holiday in Malta staying at the Paradise Bay Hotel, We stayed Half Board, and found the food fantastic selection, and cooked to perfection!! lovely room, quiet, and staff very helpful, especially ANNA CATARINA, AND CATHERINE LAURI, My Daughter KATIE LOVED THE JACUZZI, AND THE INDOOR POOL. The buses are really cheap 6.50 euros for a week, Maltese people lovely, and friendly, we have been 4 times now, and wouldn,t hesitate to stay at the PARADISE BAY HOTEL again, thankyou.............

Room Tip: If you prefer to be really quiet, choose a bay view, or if you choose to watch the ferry going in an...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank jon2von

I thank you and your family for enjoying your holiday with us and for naming a couple of our staff who stood out so much that you gave them this mention of appreciation.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Just arrived back from our holiday in Malta after spending a week in the Paradise Bay Hotel. We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis, although I believe they offer half board and full board packages if that is what you're looking for.
The hotel was in a lovely, quiet location, near to the Gozo ferry terminal. There was a bus stop opposite which made it easy to get around, and during our stay we managed to visit all the places we wanted to. The hotel itself was great: very clean, fantastic food, and a range of things to do. There were outside pools, and inside pool, a gym room, tennis and basketball courts, a couple of pool tables, shop, and a bar.
I used the gym room on a couple of occasions - it was by no means a full on gym, but it had what I needed - a good selection of weights, a bike, steppers. The inside pool was good too; it was heated and there were a lot of loungers to keep our belongings at when in the pool.
The bar offered a range of beverages from fizzy drinks, to cocktails and alcohol and coffee and tea. In the evenings, entertainment was provided which differed every night, from music performers to films you could go and watch. We stayed and watched a couple of the singers who we thought were really good. They performed songs from different years so it didn't become boring and was fun for all ages.
Our room was a twin room; we decided to opt for a bay view room and were not disappointed. From our balcony, you could see the outdoor pool and out to the sea which was beautiful and refreshing.
The games room was a bit quiet - there were pool tables, and to play pool you put in a one euro in, but on ours there was no white ball! I guess if we had asked the staff for it they would have found us one, but we didn't. There was an air hockey table, but it wasn't working. So if you like a hotel with a huge amount of activities and lots of things to do, this probably isn't for you.
On four nights we ate at the hotel restaurant, Il-Merril. I have to say the food was excellent! It was buffet style so you could go up as many times as you wanted, which meant great value for money. There was a range of foods offered, from salads, to meats, to fish, to pasta, to quiche, vegetables, soups - the list is endless! I am a very picky eater, and I found loads of delicious things to eat, and had about 3 plates a night! And that isn't including desserts - there were different cakes, jellies, custard. Wonderful :) The hotel offered a deal while we stayed; the evening meal cost 19 euros, however if you bought at least 3 evening meal tickets, you saved 3 euros on each meal. For example, we purchased the 3 evening meal tickets, and saved 9 euros. Being as there wasn't much around the hotel in the way of restaurants (you could get a bus somewhere if you fancied to eat somewhere different) it was good for us to get the three meal tickets, and then on the other nights we ventured out to find new places to dine.
The staff at the hotel were all very friendly and helpful. While my partner and I were out there it was our birthdays, and after browsing through the hotel manual provided in the room, I saw that you could have cakes made up for special occasions. I enquired at the reception desk, and they explained you could have different flavour cakes made up; I opted for vanilla, although you could have chocolate or strawberry. I had 'Happy Birthday' iced onto the cake, and it cost 14.50 euros altogether, which was money well spent, because it was absolutely delicious! It was a cheesecake with lemon icing on top and chocolate flavoured writing. The cake was brought out to us once we'd finished our evening meal, and the staff sang happy birthday. My partner can get quite shy, but he wasn't at all embarrassed - it wasn't too over the top, just nice :)
The advertised hotel beach is very small, and only open in summer months, which we didn't realise, so that was a bit of a disappointment. But there are so many other bays and beaches around the island it doesn't matter. In fact on the last day we walked out to Paradise Bay, and it was absolutely stunning, and very quiet at this time of year.
Overall, we had a wonderful stay at this hotel, and we would definitely recommend it, although it does depend on what you're after from your stay. If you are young and looking for night-life, bars, and lots of activities, this hotel is probably not the one for you, you'd be better looking in St Julian's / Paceville for that. If you're a family, or looking for a quiet stay with wonderful views and perhaps looking to spend a lot of time in Gozo, this is for you! Hope this review helps :)

Room Tip: Rooms with a bay view are stunning :)
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LivingLifesince1990

I thank you for posting you explicit and very comprehensive response on TripAdvisor and more so for enjoying your break with us.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I stayed at this hotel recently and found it to be eventually ok though only after being moved twice. The first room was an adjoining family room to another so had a connecting door to the next one. The man in the next room made so much noise snoring ( I understand he couldn't help this ) that I couldn't hear my tv for it. The point I'm making is the soundproofing is very poor and no good if you want quiet. The next room was close to the triumph of the hotel, unfortunately around 40 rooms emptied past this every morning for breakfast making all sorts of noise. The last room however wa great as they put me on the top floor right at the nod of the hotel. Quite a walk for breakfast but perfect for me as it was lovely and quiet.

Room Tip: Don't take a room close to reception as you get hoards of people emptying past your room going f...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank HarrogateMal_dives
SMF001, Manager at Paradise Bay Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

I thank you for posting your response and for resolving the problem of noise that caused you some concern, even though our rooms do have an 10" stone wall seperating the rooms. Eventually you had the right room thus allowing your stay to be enjoyable.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mellieha
Ramla Bay Resort
#5 of 14 in St. Paul's Bay
Dolmen Resort Hotel
Dolmen Resort Hotel
#2 of 14 in St. Paul's Bay

Been to Paradise Bay Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!