We travelled as a couple with 3 children (7,4 & 1). The hotel we found to be average. The food good and varied, No children's option but that wasn't a problem for us. Our room was beautiful with amazing views of both the bay and the sea, although it was not cleaned well and I had to ask for clean bedding. The staff were helpful and even opened the children's play room which stayed locked for us. The shop on site is hugely overpriced but the bus into town is cheap and there you will find some little news agent type shops and even a 99c store which sells armbands etc. which we had been charged 8e for on site. The hotel is remote but in that most beautiful part of Malta. Holidays are what you make of them Always go with an open mind. We had a wonderful time although if returning to Malta we would choose somewhere more child friendly. I would certainly recommend this hotel to couples.
Tip- Do hire a car,
Go to the Market in Marksaxlokk on Sunday,
Take the ferry to Gozo
Dont be conned into the 'all three' buses. Arriva do the same at a fraction of the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Beautifully situated overlooking the picturesque sister Islands of Gozo & Comino with its own private sandy beach, ideal for all ages." This very popular, spacious, comfortable and well-run family hotel has a secluded location surrounded by the clear warm water of the Mediterranean making it ideal for a leisurely holiday in the sun. English is widely spoken throughout the hotel by the staff. The Resort is situated in a secluded location surrounded by the clear warm water of the Mediterranean. The standard fittings for all bedrooms are of air-conditioning, television + radio, direct dial telephone, trouser press with iron and ironing board, mini bar (stocked on request), hairdryer, ceiling fan, safe (local charge) and en-suite bathroom. Some bedrooms are large enough to accommodate 4 persons. We also offer rooms with facilities for the physically challenged and the hotel is fully accessible with ramps and lifts to all public areas. A small ferry harbour to Gozo is situated a short distance away from the hotel and a regular public bus service operates to the main towns of Sliema and Valletta stopping at en-route towns and villages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HostelWorld, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Paradise Bay Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Bay Hotel Mellieha
- Paradise Bay Mellieha
- Paradise Bay Hotel Malta
- Paradise Bay Malta
- Paradise Bay Resort Hotel Malta/Mellieha