Paradise Bay Resort Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Comino Hotel(Comino)
Panorama Hotel(Mellieha)
  • Breakfast included
Pergola Hotel & Spa(Mellieha)
2,418 results
All reviewsgozo ferrytrouser pressthe busindoor poolsalt watersea watersea viewprivate beachblue lagoonquiet locationbus servicegames roombreakfast and dinnerweekend breakcleaned dailybuffet styleplenty of choice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Well, when they say this is remote, it is ! Passing you by to get to the Gozo Ferry is about it and Paradise Bay is only for the fit and healthy with a trek up and over the hill down many steps to a small dirty piece of imported sand, thank goodness we hired a car and were able to drive a few K's to a proper bay, lovely. Anyway , the hotel , we had a 'Superior' room and half board, in fairness the hotel gave us what we asked for and no complaints with the room, it's position or cleanliness.
Swimming pools in abundance and nice terraces if that's what you like however, their beach is not open until June and we never found it !! Staff were very interesting , ranging from rude to exceptionally helpful , dinner was not a pleasurable experience and reminded me of everything that was bad about self service cafeterias , including the food quality.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the pool, not the bay which is NNW facing.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
SMF001, Manager at Paradise Bay Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Yes I confirm that we are located some 5 km from the nearest town but there is a regular public bus service available. The Paradise Bay beach is located on the far side of the bay some 20 minutes’ walk, and the lovely bay of Ghardira which is one of Malta's nicest beaches is 5 minutes by bus.

I thank you for your positive remarks towards our rooms and cleanliness but I am sorry to hear that our main buffet did not meet with your approval. Should there have been anything wrong you should have brought it to the attention of the restaurant manager for him to rectify the problem.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed at Paradise Bay from 22nd February to 29 March and what a fantastic time I had! My room was on the south wing very much criticized by many but let's face, do you really mind if the furniture is a bit tatty and old fashioned when on opening the courtains in the morning you're faced by such a stunning view? I'l count myself very lucky if on my next visit I'm given the same room with the same tatty furniture and the same splendid view. The room was cleaned daily, staff friendly and helpful, food good and plentiful, what more can one ask for? Can't wait to go back

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank DcedricB
SMF001, Manager at Paradise Bay Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

We thank you for your kind words in reflection against our economy room and look forward to your repeat visit. Thank you.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Was a bit sceptical at first when we booked as there were mixed reviews. There is an older part to the hotel but we made sure we booked the superior rooms which were lovely and in the nicer part of the hotel. The booking was made direct with the hotel. The rooms are quite spacious, have been tastefully modernised and are clean.
The location is a bit out of the way so a hire car is a good idea, however as it is next to the Gozo ferry, there is a good regular bus service. The roads are poor and the driving is worse but if you are a confident driver it is fun! Gozo was nicer and a must to visit, the restaurant "Ankra" at the harbour in Gozo will top off the visit. Back to the hotel, we did B&B only, the breakfast was ample and slightly varied each day but not five star. We would definitely come back to this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank dclark97
SMF001, Manager at Paradise Bay Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

I thank you for your clarity in your very favourable response towards our establishment and staff within your posted review and for enjoying your break with us.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Just got back from a few days break to escape the rubbish UK "spring" weather. I found no faults with the hotel. My mum's hairdryer didn't work and they sorted it right away for her, and they kindly passed messages between us and our holiday rep to arrange our transport back to the hotel.

The internet connection can be temperamental but who worries about that on holiday!?

We had bay view rooms which provided day long sun and lovely views.

The food offered great choice and 3 courses and the restaurant staff were always lovely. It adds great value for money and a glass of wine is €1.25 from the bar (99c) during happy hour!

Yes the hotel is out of the way, but we booked coach excursions through the hotel who can pick you up and drop you back again. The buses run regularly (and cheaply) from right outside the hotel - buses run from around 5am to 11pm.

Even though it is technically out of season the hotel still had entertainment every night - personal favourite was the Jam Band who can play any song you request!

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013

I thank you for thoroughly enjoying your break with us and for posting your positive review.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at Paradise Bay for a couple of days while visiting family. It was a good hotel but not a four star in my opinion. As I have family in Malta, I have had the opportunity to stay at several of the islands' hotels. And, I have to say that none of them have been up to the rating they have been given (compared to other countries I have visited).

I felt that the hotel itself was a bit run down and very out of the way-you would definitely need to hire a car (if you dare). Food was pretty average. But, the view of the bay was lovely and we upgraded our room, which was well worth it.

I really can't fault the staff or the cleanliness of the hotel. So, while it was not a four star I would expect in another country it was a good four star for Malta and I would definitely visit again for the price.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

I thank you for staying with us and for upgrading your room which allowed you to have the standard that you wished to have. I further thank you for your positive remarks to tripadvisor and for your favourable comparison of our establishment against others that you considered appropriate.