ok so it's an old hotel, that's not the problem because it's well kept maintenance wise. The real problem is the staff, who need some serious training. House keeping skimp over the room leaving blatantly obvious problems uncleaned, such as the hair stuck to the bathroom tiles that was there when we arrived and still there when leaving a week later. Bulbs blown in the room, it's pretty obvious and housekeeping should report such things, not ignore it.
Being an equipment salesman for Hotels I have stayed in hundreds over the years, and breakfast is always my favorite part, but not here, the choice was truly awful, using poor quality ingredients. It changed slightly each day, such as changing fried eggs for poached etc, or replacing bacon with fried potato?, no imagination whatsoever.
We tried the indoor pool, which has NO changing area, just toilets. They have a type of fake grass around the pool which is really dirty, you certainly wouldn't want to walk on it barefoot.
There isn't really anywhere local to eat, you are pretty much stuck with the hotel food unless you get a bus or hire a car, it's poor quality and over priced. I ordered the homemade burger and chips, it was pretty obvious it was NOT a homemade burger, but a mass produced one, full of rusk. We ate in that bistro another two times, each time the waiter messed up the order.
Bar staff and waiting staff seem to grate against each other, and to bicker in front of guests is appalling, why does it matter which dept has the most cheese sandwiches??, the staff seem to think it's a matter of life or death.
I seriously couldn't wait to leave, I know some people have loved it there, but it's pretty poor, and the staff really let it down. I can't recommend it at all, spend a bit more, and get somewhere that at least has nearby restaurants, just incase you don't like the food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Beautifully situated overlooking the picturesque sister Islands of Gozo & Comino with its own private sandy beach, ideal for all ages." This very popular, spacious, comfortable and well-run family hotel has a secluded location surrounded by the clear warm water of the Mediterranean making it ideal for a leisurely holiday in the sun. English is widely spoken throughout the hotel by the staff. The Resort is situated in a secluded location surrounded by the clear warm water of the Mediterranean. The standard fittings for all bedrooms are of air-conditioning, television + radio, direct dial telephone, trouser press with iron and ironing board, mini bar (stocked on request), hairdryer, ceiling fan, safe (local charge) and en-suite bathroom. Some bedrooms are large enough to accommodate 4 persons. We also offer rooms with facilities for the physically challenged and the hotel is fully accessible with ramps and lifts to all public areas. A small ferry harbour to Gozo is situated a short distance away from the hotel and a regular public bus service operates to the main towns of Sliema and Valletta stopping at en-route towns and villages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paradise Bay Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Bay Hotel Mellieha
- Paradise Bay Mellieha
- Paradise Bay Hotel Malta
- Paradise Bay Malta
- Paradise Bay Resort Hotel Malta/Mellieha