We arrived early to the hotel the day of our arrival, as our room wasn't ready we were upgraded to a superior room for the whole three weeks that we stayed. The room was very spacious and clean. Our 2 year old son is use to a single bed and one was placed into the room with minutes of asking for one. The room was clean and we had a fantastic view of the pool and the sea. Our room was cleaned everyday and bedding was changed regulary. We didnt mind paying for the extra teas and sugar which were brought from the shop at very reasonable price. The food was fantstic with a nice variety of foods. I liked the fact that the hotel is a distance from other towns, as which you stated very clearly in the brochure. The bus service was fantastic and very cheap. Although it was stated that it would take around 80 minutes in a bus to Valletta, which it did we managed to do it 4 times with a 2 year and a buggy and had no problems at all. The bus service is fantastic, unles you are travelling in rush hour, so no bus can be blamed for the delays that may occur. We found most staff very helpful and very kind to our son espeically the dinner staff so much that we tipped them the evening that we left. People have suggested that paying for the WiFi is a bit much, but, which I also found a reasonable price, if you think what it would cost if you didnt use WiFi. We used both the inside and ouside pool and found them rather clean and tidy (we did see the pool cleaners out most mornings) I also had a massege while there and would recommend to everyone. While we were away it was our sons birthday and he was wished a happy birthday by most staff, its the little things that count. We enjoyed quite a few days on the beach which we found clean and very safe for our son to play. The beach bar was nice and food was ok. We visited plenty of places we went to the national stadium, the Mosta dome, The war rooms, The knights of Valletta, the aviation centre, Mdina glass, war musemum. I would recommend to everyone the fun trains that are in various towns.
All in all we had a fantastic holiday and will be coming back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Beautifully situated overlooking the picturesque sister Islands of Gozo & Comino with its own private sandy beach, ideal for all ages." This very popular, spacious, comfortable and well-run family hotel has a secluded location surrounded by the clear warm water of the Mediterranean making it ideal for a leisurely holiday in the sun. English is widely spoken throughout the hotel by the staff. The Resort is situated in a secluded location surrounded by the clear warm water of the Mediterranean. The standard fittings for all bedrooms are of air-conditioning, television + radio, direct dial telephone, trouser press with iron and ironing board, mini bar (stocked on request), hairdryer, ceiling fan, safe (local charge) and en-suite bathroom. Some bedrooms are large enough to accommodate 4 persons. We also offer rooms with facilities for the physically challenged and the hotel is fully accessible with ramps and lifts to all public areas. A small ferry harbour to Gozo is situated a short distance away from the hotel and a regular public bus service operates to the main towns of Sliema and Valletta stopping at en-route towns and villages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity and HostelWorld so you can book your Paradise Bay Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Bay Hotel Mellieha
- Paradise Bay Mellieha
- Paradise Bay Hotel Malta
- Paradise Bay Malta
- Paradise Bay Resort Hotel Malta/Mellieha