Luna Holiday Complex
Hotels.com
$297
$286
  • Pool
Pergola Hotel & Spa(Mellieha)(Great Value!)
$148
$125
Panorama Hotel(Mellieha)
  • Restaurant
1,480 results
All reviewsrooftop poolself cateringmini marketsuperior studiosea viewthe bustowels were changedevery other daythe ground floormellieha baysteep hillcooking facilitiesgreat holidayceiling fanmain townclean towelssandy beach
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I have been visiting Mellieha for many years. 3 years ago I tried the Luna Complex and never looked back. Staff are so friendly and although busy always find time to make you feel welcomed. I visited the resort in March and was so disappointed that I had to find another hotel. I did visit to say hello and looked at all the work they are doing, very impressive. I am booked in in May and September, can't wait.
The rooms and communal areas are spotlessly clean. I was always impressed every morning seeing staff clean the pool area. The food is good and plenty of it. It's the sort of place you feel comfortable in and can relax. Yes if you want 5 star go pay 5 star prices but this place is excellent value for money and I am sure I will be visiting many more times.

Room Tip: Treat the staff as you would like to be treated and they will help you all they can.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Peter D
Kyleborg, Manager at Luna Holiday Complex, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Good Morning Peter,

I thank you for your review and happy that you find the Luna to be great value for money. I recall your visit in March this year and your recent visit this May.

Don’t hesitate to drop me an email should you wish to visit us again in the future.

I Look forward to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Ok, the Luna is not the Ritz by any stretch of the imagination but overall considering the price, location and quality of room we were more than happy with our hotel choice in Malta. The rooms are large, clean and more than comfortable...with decent bathroom facilities. The decor is fairly basic/outdated but by no means off putting. We were happy with the location of the hotel as it was only a 5 minute drive to the port for the ferry/boat over to Gozo & Comino (which are 'must sees' if you're visiting Malta)...the hotel is also situated within walking distance of the beach and has a handful of some shops, bars and restaurants nearby; although we'd recommend a short drive over to Golden Bay which is a lot nicer. Mellieha is a fairly quiet town without much going on at night time but suited us both fine; but like anywhere in Malta you can get pretty much there well within a hour...so it's no problem heading over to the more lively St Julians, Sliema or Paceville if necessary. Overall, we would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Patrick D
Kyleborg, Manager at Luna Holiday Complex, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Good Morning Patrick,

I am happy to read that you were well satisfied with our property, and that you would not hesitate to recommend us :-)

Do drop me an email should you wish to return, and thanks for taking the time to write your review!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Nice hotel, close to a quiet, lovely beach and lots of restaurants. Good value for money, not very clean though. The top of the roof swimming pool absolutely fantastic with an amazing view over the bay. As we had room only, the mini market nearby was very handy although rather expensive.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DDStasiak

Good Morning,

Thank you very much for your review, I am glad that you enjoyed it and that you found us to be good value for money.

I would appreciate if you drop me an email with your comments regarding cleanliness, as we normally have very good comments on this, and I would like to discuss this with housekeeping to see how we can improve.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Luna.
The hotel was well equipped for all our needs in a self catering apartment. We found the location to be just right, with lots of restaurants just down the road ( I was suffering from a bad knee so couldn't walk far).
The island is extremely easy to navigate and the bus service operated in Malta is brilliant!

The hotel itself was clean and friendly, The on site shop is definitely the best stocked in the area.
We only used the upstairs pool, this was lovely and quiet with the same friendly regular faces each day ( I think they go back each year - always a good sign). The upstairs pool offers a bar service in which drinks/food can be ordered and arrive promptly from the downstairs restaurant! Very handy!!

The views from our room were not great, but hey, who goes on holiday to spend a week in the room? So this did not spoil our holiday at all!

We were welcomed to the hotel with a bottle of wine for my other half as the holiday was to celebrate his birthday, this was a lovely touch and much appreciated.!

I recommend the ferry trip over to Gozo for a day out - slightly boring in places but a must do is you are at all interested in the culture of Malta!

Overall a really nice holiday! No complaints!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Jadee_007

Good Morning Jade!

Thank you very much for dedicating time to write such a detailed review. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us.

and glad our little surprise with the wine was appreciated!

Thanks a million, and do drop me an email in the future.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Quite a good deal when you want to enjoy your holiday on Malta for not too much money. Very affordable prices and you get a clean and basic room that's nearby the beach, bus stop (with a lot of buses bringing you to other parts of the island) and with two swimming pools. The swimming pool on top of the roof provides an amazing view over the bay and on the village of Mellieha itself on top of the rocks. The village is nearby, a short walk up, and provides basic needs as well as some shops near the hotel and the beach. It's also easy to book a trip to blue lagoon (I strongly recommend to do this!) from nearby the hotel. Travelling towards Sliema or Valletta takes around 45m/1h by bus.

Room Tip: Take one of the refurbished rooms on the sea side. You have a nice view over the bay and you won't experience any noise (even though I didn't get the impression that the rooms on the other side were very noisy due to the road on that side).
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank JesperB_nl

Good Afternoon Jesper,

Thank you very much for your review! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you have recommended us to other travelers.

Thanks once again. Please do drop me an email should you wish to return.