Just back from 2 weeks in luna, mellieha, had a great holiday. Hotel is lovely, staff are very friendly. The showers would need replaced. Our room was very big, only thing was our room overlooked another app complex, would have preferred sea or country room. Towels are changed every 2 days, room cleaned 2 times a week. Our kids are 11 and 14, resort was bit too quiet for them. It's only 5 min walk to beach, we hired pedaloes out, and kids done paragliding, which they said was amazing. We stayed at the rooftop pool every day, have to say u need to be up early to reserve a bed. There was family from Birmingham here same times as us and they reserved beds every day, and didn't appear until at least lunchtime. One day they reserved 10 beds, 3 were used, the other 7 sat empty all day cos they went on boat trip, they returned at 4.45, just not on. U weren't allowed balls or inflatables at pool, i wouldnt allow my kids to bring theirs, although same family brought them and annoyed everyone around the pool on numerous days, got to the point where people stayed away from pool cos of them. I read in another review that the rooftop pool is for adults only, I was there for 2 weeks and never heard that mentioned at all, no signs anywhere saying that. Lovely hotel, few points that I have made need to be addressed. I think they would someone around the pool to organise games for kids, cos there is nothing for kids at pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luna Holiday Complex located in Mellieha Malta, is rated one of the best three star apart-hotels in Malta.DescriptionWhy Choose To Stay with us?The Luna Holiday Complex is situated in the heart of the north west of the Island in the town of Mellieha. Whilst this is a thriving tourist resort it still maintains it’s authentic Maltese charm by not being overly commercial. There are plenty of shops, bars and restaurants in the town to suit all tastes and budgets.Mellieha is well situated with direct bus services to the majority of the island including: the Airport, the Capital City of Valletta and the ferry terminals to Gozo and Comino.The Luna is located less than 300 metres from the best and longest beach in Malta, ‘Mellieha Bay’ and is only 15 minutes walk from the famous ‘Popeye Village’.At the Luna Holiday Complex we pride ourselves on giving a 4 star service at a 3 star price. We have a fantastic family of staff, speaking many different languages all ready and willing to give that little bit extra to ensure your holiday is one to remember.Within the Complex we have much to shout about. Once you’ve been welcomed by our staff on arrival the complex is yours to explore. We have a 24-hour reception with a great, informative team who can give you the best advice on tours and places to visit whilst in Malta. All tours can be booked directly through our reception staff. We also have free Wi-Fi and an Internet café in the reception area.We have two fantastic pools. The ground floor family pool is superbly located next to the main bar and the games room whilst our roof top pool has fabulous views of the Mellieha coastline, Red Tower and Mellieha church which is a must for relaxation and enjoying both the Maltese sunshine and sunset!There are three bars on site, with one open from 10am until 1am, which includes entertainment multiple nights a week from local artists. Our main restaurant is ‘Al Fresco’ (weather permitting) serving a great variety of food to suit all tastes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Otel, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Luna Holiday Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Holiday Complex Mellieha
- Luna Hotel Malta
- Luna Holiday Complex Hotel Mellieha
- Luna Holiday Complex Malta/Mellieha