Luna Holiday Complex
$178
$298
$284
  • Pool
Pergola Hotel & Spa(Mellieha)(Great Value!)
$86
TripAdvisor
Aurora(Mellieha)
TripAdvisor
1,481 results
All reviewsrooftop poolself cateringmini marketsuperior studiosea viewthe bustowels were changedevery other daythe ground floormellieha baysteep hillcooking facilitiesgreat holidayceiling fanmain townclean towelssandy beach
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We have just returned from a week in Malta staying at the Luna Complex. Fantastic place, especially for families. We had one of the new family suites and it was great, brand new, so clean and comfortable with everything you need for a perfect self catering holiday.
The pools are great with a lovely kids pool in the downstairs pool. The food at the poolside was great and the ice-cream delicious! Really enjoyed the evening entertainment.
The location is excellent just minutes from the beach and with the bus stop literally outside the door the entire island is easy accessible.
The best part of this hotel is the excellently attentive staff...night man checked us in and even showed us to our apartment and helped with luggage, reception staff couldn't be nicer and the bar crew were so pleasant.
We would especially like to thank the manager Trevor who was beyond generous to us, he went above and beyond to accommodate our party as some could not travel due to a family illness. His generous spirit has been very much appreciated by the members who could not travel, thank you so much.
I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough, our party ranged in age from 18 months to 70 years and the hotel catered to all our varied needs excellently. We look forward to returning soon. WE wish you all a good season. Thanks again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 186597Michelleob_1
Kyleborg, Manager at Luna Holiday Complex, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Good Afternoon!

Thank you very much for taking the time to right your review! I am very happy to read that you really enjoyed it here at Luna!

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us, and I do hope that you do return in the near future. Let me know if you need help organising your accommodation!

Regards from the whole Team!

See you soon

Reviewed June 27, 2013

just back from 2 excellent weeks at the luna in mellieha , very friendly staff and always so helpful , lovely clean hotel , beautiful beach just few minutes walk , also very good music and songs especially by manfred and his keyboard on monday evenings , :) would recommend luna holiday complex as its in perfect location for exploring the beautiful island of malta, i just cant wait to be back,

Room Tip: you dont need a sea view room as the rooms overlooking the farmers fields and the church lit up at night is perfect too .
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank gilly5458
Kyleborg, Manager at Luna Holiday Complex, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Good Afternoon!

Thank you for your lovely review of our property!
I am very happy to see that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us :-) and am very happy that you will recommend us to your friends.

We can't wait to have you back with us, feel free to drop me an email if you wish to return, and/or to pass on my email to any of your friends.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Fantastic holiday here with my family. Beautiful location, excellent service and staff, extremley helpful and accomodating to all our needs. Very suitable for young families. We stayed in the new superior family apartments and they are beautiful.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank an0n123

Good Afternoon,

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything to be excellent.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, and I do hope that you will return to Luna in the future. Do drop me an email if you wish to do so.

Thank you again.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Despite outer appearances, the interior of the room was disappointing. The double bed consisted of two single mattresses of poor quality placed on a wooden board above the bed. The sheets were rough and made me worry about how clean they were. The first night there was loud music that echoed it's way through the hotel. Any movement in the halls or staircase sounded like it came from within the room. The bathroom wasn't clean - I don't know what was stuck to the sink.
But the rest of the hotel was nice with a nice restaurant, nice pool, nice staff, nice location...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us.

With regards to the rooms, as I mentioned in previous responses, we are refurbishing our blocks step by step, having completed block 1,3,5& 6 we will be moving on to the other blocks in the foreseeable future. With regards to the bathroom, I will look into it with my team as I rarely have complaints about the cleanliness of rooms, I will definitely discuss it with them. Also regards the sheets I assure you they were clean, all our laundry is outsourced to one of the best laundries on the island.

I am glad that you liked the rest of the hotel, and I do hope this incident does not put you off in returning to Luna. Do drop me an email if you do decide to return, I can suggest which room type to choose to make sure you get one of the refurbed rooms.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

when i read some of the reviews about the luna i was a bit worried but there was no nead we had a land view wich was lovely at night you could see the church lit up there was always someone working in the little alotments on there are apartment was lovely and clean and spacious the staff were very helpfull i must give a mention to the scotish lady who served on the roof top pool she was really lovely sorry carnt remember her name if any one is going to malta i recomend the luna for your stay there i will be returning next june

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amanda c

Hi Amanda,

Thank you so much for your review. Glad you enjoyed your stay thoroughly and that you had a wonderful time.

Alma (the Scottish lady) say hi, she was very happy you mentioned her on your review.

Thank you once again and I do hope we will see you again in the future. Do drop me an email I will be able to help you organise the accommodation side of your holiday.

Thanks a million!