The biggest positive about the hotel was it's value for money. It was very basic but everywhere was very clean and it was perfect for what we needed. The rooftop pool was lovely and overlooked the sea. The staff were initially very helpful, and there was one lady in the bar on our first day there who was so friendly and happy to help, if I could remember her name I'd love to give her a glowing review, however there was an issue with our tap that meant it came out by the top as you turned it on and it flooded our floor. When we went down to explain it and ask for towels to clean it the staff seemed suspicious, and as we walked away we overhead then sarcastically remark 'how would that even flood', which made us feel as though we were causing the issue and quite uncomfortable asking for help in future. The bus service was great and again everyone was willing to help you if you got confused - except for one bus driver who was extremely rude and shouted that he didn't care where we were going just pay and get on. The beach is literally a two minute walk and considering it's one of the only sandy beaches in Malta this was a huge plus. The local restaurants were good food and good service, but it's definitely worth venturing out (we went to Bugibba and St Giljan's) for more varied restaurants. Not a luxurious hotel but perfect for the holiday we needed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luna Holiday Complex located in Mellieha Malta, is rated one of the best three star apart-hotels in Malta.DescriptionWhy Choose To Stay with us?The Luna Holiday Complex is situated in the heart of the north west of the Island in the town of Mellieha. Whilst this is a thriving tourist resort it still maintains it’s authentic Maltese charm by not being overly commercial. There are plenty of shops, bars and restaurants in the town to suit all tastes and budgets.Mellieha is well situated with direct bus services to the majority of the island including: the Airport, the Capital City of Valletta and the ferry terminals to Gozo and Comino.The Luna is located less than 300 metres from the best and longest beach in Malta, ‘Mellieha Bay’ and is only 15 minutes walk from the famous ‘Popeye Village’.At the Luna Holiday Complex we pride ourselves on giving a 4 star service at a 3 star price. We have a fantastic family of staff, speaking many different languages all ready and willing to give that little bit extra to ensure your holiday is one to remember.Within the Complex we have much to shout about. Once you’ve been welcomed by our staff on arrival the complex is yours to explore. We have a 24-hour reception with a great, informative team who can give you the best advice on tours and places to visit whilst in Malta. All tours can be booked directly through our reception staff. We also have free Wi-Fi and an Internet café in the reception area.We have two fantastic pools. The ground floor family pool is superbly located next to the main bar and the games room whilst our roof top pool has fabulous views of the Mellieha coastline, Red Tower and Mellieha church which is a must for relaxation and enjoying both the Maltese sunshine and sunset!There are three bars on site, with one open from 10am until 1am, which includes entertainment multiple nights a week from local artists. Our main restaurant is ‘Al Fresco’ (weather permitting) serving a great variety of food to suit all tastes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Luna Holiday Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Holiday Complex Mellieha
- Luna Hotel Malta
- Luna Holiday Complex Hotel Mellieha
- Luna Holiday Complex Malta/Mellieha