“A Family Restaurant”

Al Ponte
Ranked #16 of 112 Restaurants in Mellieha
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This celebrated a la carte restaurant is an authentic Maltese bistro under a rustic vault ceiling with a beautiful terrace; the latter being filled with flawlessly presented tables all year round for the enjoyment of a sumptuous al fresco meal. Al Ponte is renowned, particularly among local guests, for its delicious Mediterranean food and selection of local and foreign wines. Feast on a scrumptious pizza, fresh from Al Ponte's stone oven, after watching the progress of your mouth-watering meal in the bistro's open kitchen. In the late morning, the bistro acts as a cafeteria, and later on serves lunch and also dinner. Cakes and coffees are continuously available. Al Ponte Pizzeria and Bistro is one of the Restaurants at the MARITIM Antonine Hotel & Spa.
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Good food and good value for money... I went here twice and was never dissappointed. Its quite noisy as for atmosphere but still its a quite cosy place. i would suggest this restaurant :)

There are newer reviews for Al Ponte

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We ate here on a cold & windy night, so sat inside, which was very noisy - there are no sound-absorbant surfaces. The food was ok - Wetherspoons standard. The chips were frozen. The waiters were very keen to take drinks orders, but not around when you want the bill. There are much better restaurants in Mellieha.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband and I ate here twice during our stay in Mellieha and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. We sat outside on both occasions and admired the beautiful view of the church. We also liked the fact that it was patronised by many Maltese which usually serves as an indication of good, reasonably priced food.
On both occasions my husband had the home made pure beef burger which was beautifully presented. I chose ftira filled with roasted mediterranean vegetables and served with crisps and a salad. This was so large that I could only eat half the ftira but made sure I ate all the vegetables! On the second occasion I had a pasta dish which was again a large serving but delicious. We had sweets on this occasion my husband choosing an ice cream dish and I opted for the fresh fruit salad and icecream. We waited a fair time for our desserts but I felt that the fruit salad had probably been made there and then and that it was worth the wait.
We found the staff to be both efficient and attentive. We were left wondering why we had not discovered this bistro on our previous visits to Mellieha and are certain to return here to eat next year.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

This place is good! Good food and reasonable prices... service was good as well... the only low point was desert... the chocolate cake was not fresh... but otherwise it was good.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We visited Al Ponte twice during a week stay. The place is very popular with locals which is always a good sign. The first time I had gorgonzola tortellini with butternut squash cream sauce and Bert had penne with clams. Both were really good the sort of pasta that once you have one forkful you want another! Portions were large and we couldn't quite finish. We had pizza the second time and these were good as well - although pasta would be my recommendation. This is the sort of place to have a casual meal, good if you have kids and is open on a Sunday evening.