“excellent value for money..very friendly”
Review of Ta Kanani

Ta Kanani
Ranked #42 of 112 Restaurants in Mellieha
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I ate in this restaurant 4 evenings out of 7 during our stay...our hotel food left us very disappointed...we were very satisfied with the everything about this place.
We were escorted to our table by friendly staff...although there was about a 20 minute wait for the food to arrive it was well worth it...everything prepared from scratch, hence the wait...portion sizes are more than adequate...
By our third visit we were welcomed like old friends and the atmosphere was so relaxed..there was no rush to leave...
I would definitely recommend this restaurant if you have the time and are in no hurry..sit back and relax and enjoy...we certainly did :)

There are newer reviews for Ta Kanani

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Myself and my fiance ate here last week. The food was delicious, but the service was terrible, even though the restaurant was less than half full.

On arrival, our table was pointed to us and we were left to make our own way to it. After some 10 minutes, 2 menus were placed on the corner of the table without a word from the waitress.

Our drinks order was then taken and they were also simply left on the corner of the table, rather than being given to us.

Our starters did not take long to arrive and were delicious - we both had the vegetable soup. The mains came to us not long after and again were delicious - I had a pizza while my partner had the salmon.

While the food was of a high standard, the service (or lack of!) was horrendous. We noticed a family of 4 that were in the restaurant and had already placed their orders when we arrived but they had to wait some 45 minutes to receive any food - they received theirs after we had ordered, eaten our starters and received our mains! They complained about the wait but the waitress did not appear sympathetic or offer any reason for the delay.

One other point to note - this restaurant does not have any air conditioning which was fine while we were there but it could be quite stifling on a hotter day.

Would I go back - yes for the food and if I was in no hurry!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Went on a Sunday night and wasn't particularly busy and waited 45 plus minutes for our meal which was no more than average. No air con and uncomfortable if you can't get outside to eat. Much better places to eat in Mellihea.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

We ate her on our last evening and the whole holiday not had a bad meal until we ate here. I had Bragloli ( which my partner had eaten several times in other restaurants during the holiday and did not look like the Bragloli they served here) when I got mine it was pink in the middle totally put me off, I sent it back and they did cook it more but explained it would still be pink -it was. ( they must use a different meat) All I can say is my partner enjoyed his meal staff were friendly I would still eat here again but choose something different!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

This restaurant has no children's menu and after showing us to a table and letting us get settled then when we asked for a childs menu they said that they didn't have one and didn't offer any alternatives no half portions. Just suggested we ate at the hilltop instead. They should make this clearer. thought most places would be glad of the business