“Bad experience!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We were 4 adults and two kids. We went to Il Padrino Restaurant to try it out. I asked for rabbit and asked the waitress if it was cooked in oil. She said that it was not. To my disappointment it was fried and soaked in oil. I did not want to make a fuss cause the other 3 members had their choice and I did not want them to wait for me until I complained and had something else cooked. (We had already waited for the meal for quite some time even though the restaurant was nearly empty!) I ate it and at the end complained about the experience. The owner said "But you managed to eat it!! What a cheek!" She did not even offer any compensation. The play area that they boast of was not even there, because the owner said that they had some forthcoming event! I would not recommend the venue, I'm sorry!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

A friendly family run place. Food is just above average, they make a decent risotto and a good pizza, the service is friendly allthough not professional, dishes should for instance be served so that we can enjoy them at the same time and not have to wait for each other. For families with small children there is a play area (unsupervised). However the gem of the place is its location on Mellieha Beach wich offers a stunning view of the Bay area and this makes the price level fair.

3  Thank VLauman
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This restuarant which is on the beach at Chandria Bay (Mallieha) has a large terrace which provides a great views of the whole of the bay. The tables are well spaced out so you do not feel crammed together and at evening the gentle lighting is not intrusive and so does not spoil the atomosphere. The menu offers locally sourced seafood as well as Pizza etc. The prices of the some of the meals are more expensive than I would have expected with local prawns over rice costing €23:50 and simply not worth it for tasteless rice and very little in the way of meat from the large looking prawns. Surprisingly for a dish listed as prwand on rice they also bring "chips" and vegetables to the table! If you order Mussels as a starter course be warned that they are "Green liprd mussels" which I believe originate in New Zealand , again not too good. My wife had a sea food risotto as her main course and this followed garlic mushrooms served dry with burnt balck pieces of garlic. The Rissotto was simply the same tasteless rice as accompanied my prawns but with added olive oil(well il anyway0 and the seafood added ontop and not cooked with the rissotto, The local produced red wine was however superb at €19.95.
Worth it for the view and to be fair the pleasant service.BUT the food.......?

1  Thank Abercwmboi
Reviewed November 9, 2011

A great place for good food in lovely surroundings. We live locally and have always enjoyed eating at the owner's restaurant below during the day, so we tried this restaurant one evening. We had a lovely evening, good food, great views from the restaurant, helpful waiting staff and also really friendly.

No negatives at all - definitely one of our favourite places to eat in this part of Malta.

Reviewed September 2, 2011

went in a party of 17 Nicola the owner sent us by email a choice of menues before we arrived .
The food and service was excellent. would recomend a vist you wont be dissapointed,