“Good choice of Restaurant at Melleha Beach”
Review of Mexi Co

Mexi Co
Ranked #59 of 111 Restaurants in Mellieha
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mexi Co restaurant brings the zest, spice and fun of Mexican food to Ghadira’s water’s edge. But we do something extra special to this world renowned cuisine. We give it our own special Mediterranean twist. Think of the Mexi Co experience as a little bit of Cancun, a slice of Cannes, all mixed in a Mojito. We offer casual dinning for all ages, couples and groups. To families with kids we are the perfect lunch or dinner.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This is a nice restaurant right on Mellieha Bay which is linked to Sea Bank Hotel. The hotel has started all inclusive packages, so the restaurant has now attracted a slightly different clientele. The last time we went there, most clients were ordering off an all-inclusive menu. They offer reasonably good steakhouse type food like ribs, chicken etc. The views are outstanding over Ghadira Bay and makes the whole experience a little bit more worthwhile. Food is average to good in general, the location is great and the service is average.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Yesterday, my husband and I decided to go and eat at the Mexi Co which is situated near Ghadira Bay. We had a great time. The food was really good. As starter we had the Mexi Co Nachos between us - VERY GOOD. For main - I had the Grilled Chicken Breast and asked to add the mushroom sauce (IT WAS REALLY TENDER AND WELL COOKED - VERY MOUTHWATERING) and my husband took BBQ Chicken (IT WAS VERY GOOD - AND I'M NOT A PIZZA LOVER).
All in all, we had a great experience and we really enjoyed it. There's also a fantastic view of the Ghadira bay if dining outside.
RECOMMEND? - 100%

Reviewed September 21, 2013

This restaurant is in a great location as it is overlooking the harbour in mellieha, so you can watch the boats outside. The food is lovely and although there are mexican choices there are also burgers, pasta etc on offer to please everyone. Also a good drink selection, and the staff were nice and friendly. Would recommend.

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

I dined here with 11 family and friends 2 nights ago and I wish I hadn't bothered. To be fair, the starters were quite nice but the mains were terrible. The burgers looked like dog meat and the pasta we ordered was completely tasteless. The fajitas were quite nice but only came with one tortilla and when I asked for another I got charged €1.50 on the final bill. The staff were all miserable and 2 people's meals didn't even come out. The bill included an extra sauce we hadn't ordered and the whole experience was dreadful. We complained to the manager who said his burgers were loved by most customers and that he received lots of compliments for them but I find this difficult to believe!! If only one of the above issues had occurred I wouldn't have been that fussed because nowhere is perfect, but altogether the whole thing was a shambles on their behalf. The manager did agree to refund us for the food that either hadn't been eaten or hasn't arrived, but to be honest I'd have expected more from a manager who values his customers :-(

1  Thank OurDoris
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Some days you can go here and have a lovely meal but have rubbish service.
Then you can have great service but the food isn't as good.
Note: the vegetarian option "pasta arabiyyata" was ridiculously hot - couldn't finish it... Literally burnt my mouth!
This place is in a good location and if you dine outside in the evening it has a lovely sunset view over the bay which is really quite something.