“Warm and welcoming”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We visited the restaurant with our two young sons. The service was excellent - very attentive. The food was first class. My wife had the lobster and I had the sea bass - both were cooked perfectly. We will certainly be going back before we leave. Great food, great service, and great value.

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is a real 5 star experience. The pulpetta and fillet steak were perfect, the deserts are mouth watering, the wine is mainly Maltese, good taste and value. We visit every time we come to Malta and have never been disappointed. Sarah runs front of house brilliantly, and recognises us each year. Try it you will enjoy!

1  Thank Bob_Gina
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Visited 'The Gate' restaurant many times and it never disappoints. Great service and foods cooked authentic way. Definitely go again next year.

1  Thank wingravebelle
Reviewed August 10, 2013

On Thursday 8th August we stooped for dinner at the Ix xatba restaurant in mellieha bay and the welcome we received was first class, very friendly, very helpful and all given to us with the broadest of smiles!
Our order was taken we we were ready and the drinks arrived swiftly, our starter was freshly cooked and delicious and portions were large along with fresh Maltese bread, the steak I had for my main course was without doubt the best I have had on the island and the service and staff were second to none in their care for us. I would highly recommend this eatery as very very good and you won't be robbed price wise. Well wort a visit

1  Thank Gerry C
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We had a lovely meal here, My Partner had Pork Fillet and I had Swordfish.
The wine was good, and the crusty bread delivered to our table at the beginning of the meal was gorgeous - fresh out of the oven.

1  Thank Radiocode