All reviews living room nice bungalows great views from the roof tv channels winter season air conditioning pool area supermarket privacy tempur cats island malta mattresses buses
Reviewed January 13, 2017 via mobile

have just returned from a 4 night stay. the entrance to the hotel is very impressive and the gentlemen at reception are very jolly. we had a room overlooking the village. our room was modern, clean and large with a clean and bright bathroom. Samsung TV which supports usb and hdmi so u can take films on a memory stick or a dvd player. we didn't watch actual TV but every time we switched it on there was an English film available to watch. there was a fridge in the room and a typical hotel hairdryer in the bathroom. yes you can hear the road noise but it quietens right down through the night, however if you are a light sleeper I would ask for a room overlooking the pool. the spa facilities were not fully functional at the time of our visit but as we went out of season and paid a very affordable price for the stay I wouldn't review that as negative as equipment has to be maintained at some time. breakfast was fabulous and the made to order omelette was a real treat. we would definitely return to this hotel.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2017

I was recommended to visit the Danish village (local name) for the launderette facilities, which are affordable and excellent. Although it clearly caters for Danish visitors, English is widely, excellently and easily spoken.

While I waited for my laundry, I sampled the bar across the courtyard. Well what a beautiful bar it is! Cosy, intimate and gorgeously decorated it loses ambience and a friendly atmosphere. There was even a tiny bird in the entrance quite at home with visitors.
Good wi-fi and at €1.90 for coffee, great prices too. The doors opened onto a lovely patio filled with masses of flowers, that in turn overlooked a beautiful swimming pool. Adjacent to the bar was a supermarket which looked well stocked, although I did not go in.

The drive up to the hotel amidst landscaped gardens is stunning, with mature trees and flowers everywhere.
When I was leaving at sunset I could hear thousands of birds singing in the trees. It was very peaceful and serene. Also everywhere I could see had level access - so rare for Mellieha!

I would love to stay here as a guest, but it is way out of my price range and so sadly I will just remain a casual visitor.

Really, what a beautiful, calm and clean place!

Room Tip: Haven't stayed so can't comment
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed October 22, 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights and although the bungalow was nice, we felt like they charged extra for everything! Indoor pool and air conditioning(43€!!!) both were not included! No airport shuttle either! It also caters to Danish, so everything in Danish language, including tours, entertainment, everything!
Pros:
Apartment was nicely furnished
Beds were very comfortable
We had two patios (one was a rooftop, with beautiful views!)
Outdoor pool was nice(but chilly!)
Easy walk to the beach
Bus stops close by
Grounds were very pretty
Grocery store on site was nice, especially if you wanted to make meals in your bungalow

Cons:
FOOD AT RESTAURANT WAS AWEFUL! Nothing was fresh or hot, just reused food over and over.
Long walk from bungalows to facilities
Staff was not very friendly or helpful with any of our questions or requests(they could not help us book any tours and all their tours were only in Danish...not sure why nothing in English!)
No beach towels provided
They only clean rooms once a week, no daily service, have to walk to front desk to trade out towels

Overall, we would not stay here again.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2016

We stayed a week in one of the bungalows. They are app. 70 sqm with two bedrooms, and a nice living room. There is a roof terrasse.
The bungalows are locates in a park-like area, which is very well looked after.

The receptionist are very helpful and effecient.
There are several pools - both for children and for the adult, and even one "for adults only"
All in all very good.

TIP:
The only negative thing about the Centre is the main restaurant "The Great Dane" which cannot be recommended. Don't book an all-in-package, and find another place to eat!

Room Tip: When you book, remember to book AIRCONDITION (EXTRA) They have special bungalows for handicapped
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2016 via mobile

It must be our 9 visit. Years ago we used to come once a year for 2-3 weeks with our children. Last time in October 2012 together with our grandchild. Situated in picturesque Mellieha, this resort features extensive grounds with a large swimming pool and several restaurant. The Great Dane Restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. On site, guests have a tennis court, children's playground and a mini golf course. A well stocked supermarket at the resort. Each bungalow is spacious well equipped, each with a private furnished courtyard. Inside a comfortable lounge area, kitchen and 2 separate bedrooms. Equipped with a TV, fridge and a tea-and-coffee maker. All one need for self catering. Each has a large private bathroom. A rooftop terrace with views over the sandy beaches and Mellieha Bay. Perfect with small children. I really like the fact that the place is peaceful and quite and very private and the spaciousness of the bungalow. Cleaning perfect. Very friendly staff.
It offers charming bungalows, but some things ought to be changed. Kitchen furniture is far from completed up to 6 people : ex only 3 teaspoons, 4 wine glasses. Knives should be sharpened. In the pool ares a lot of the sun-beds really need replacing! And I still think the price is TOO high.
Malta International Airport is only about 30 km away, while the capital city of Valletta is 30 minutes' drive by car, or 50 minutes' by bus.

Stayed: October 2015, traveled with family