“Scary.”
Review of Go Dive Malta

Go Dive Malta
Ranked #4 of 21 Tours in Mellieha
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba diving centre, offering guided diving in Malta, Comino & Gozo. Also, teaching full padi scuba courses including open water diver and advanced open water diver and many speciality diver courses. We also offer visitors the chance to try scuba diving with the padi discover scuba diving sessions held daily.
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I've been diving before, but this time it was different as I went with my 7 year old nephew. Before he went to dive, he received no training and they never asked him to perfume basic tasks such as being able to swim strongly for a meter and a half, which (if you don't know) is the basics. I wouldn't recommend for newbies.

7  Thank AdvisorNumber1
Lindsay H, Manager at Go Dive Malta, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear Sir

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your diving experience. I am somewhat confused by your comment that we:

1) we took a 7 old diving
2) with no prior training and
3) without checking he can swim.

I would like to bring to your attention that we are a PADI affiliated Dive centre and ALL Rules and Regulations are adhered to. You MUST:

1) be 8yrs or older to use scuba equipment
2) be in confined water NO deeper than 2mtrs - in fact we do this in an indoor pool at a depth of 1.2mtrs. The programme is called a BubbleMaker.
3) be able to swim. This is one of the first questions we ask, the second is if he can answer NO to all the questions on the medical statement that we would have asked you & your nephew to sign.

I strongly believe you did not dive with us and this review has genuinely been posted to the wrong place. I urge you to contact us so we can clarify the situation and hopefully offer you and your nephew (when he reaches the minimum age) a much more enjoyable experience next time you are in Malta.

Kind regards

Lindsay Harvey
Go Dive Malta

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Very professional, very friendly and good equipment. Free pick up and drop off from your accommodation and dive guides were knowledgeable about the sites. They also did a BubbleMaker session with my son which he loved. Highly Recommended.

1  Thank GeoffreyAllix
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We booked up with the shop nearest to topaz hotel. I think they are called scuba systems, good friendly English people, did a try dive with girlfriend, both enjoyed and got good pics

Reviewed August 28, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from our holiday to Malta, where we went diving with Go Dive. From the email correspondence beforehand, to the service we received while we were diving, I can only say that they are a fantastic organisation. Every member of staff that we met was friendly, easy-going yet very safety conscious, and committed to providing us with a fantastic experience. My husband hadn't dived before and he has come home a true convert - Open Water next trip! I would highly recommend these guys, and would like to thank Kevin, Sarah, Gary, Rob and Lyndsey for making our week really special.
Bev Parkes

1  Thank beverley40
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I had three days of diving and they are a really great bunch. Very friendly & helpful with brushing me up with some things I had forgotten and great tours of the dive sites - my first wreck dive one of the best dives for me so far. Would definitely recommend and if I am ever back on Malta would choose them again with hesitation.