“Mouthwatering”

Tosca Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 111 Restaurants in Mellieha
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of the quaint and picturesque village of Mellieha, the Tosca Restaurant offers an Italian culinary feast in a warm yet modern environment.
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I must have gone to a completely different restaurant than that visited by my previous reviewer because the only similiarity is the fresh bread, delicious soup and friendly service!
I am a regular customer and have tried pasta, pizza, chicken and meat and every time I wished that the I had enough space left to fit in one of the delicious desserts.
I have recommended this restaurant to my friends and their comments have always been brilliant. What else can I say Rosie must have really caught them on a bad day!
Finally, I must mention the polite and cordial service and the friendly smiles which I must admit are so rare in all the other restaurants that I have been to.
I will keep coming back and bringing my friends along.
Ben

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Decided to try Tosca for an evening, based on good reviews and to make a change from Al Ponte for pizza. This restaurant is part of the Solana Hotel. Mid week, the restaurant was empty at 7pm apart from one other couple but the heater was on - bliss! After fresh bread was brought, a waiter turned up with a tiny cup of soup. What an unexpected delicious surprise - creamy carrot and parsnip. I mentioned how nice it was to the server who offered me more but I declined. Then it all went horribly wrong. I ordered local goats cheese (which should be tangy) and tomato salad but what arrived was tasteless white matter which I suspect was buffalo mozzarella. When my mushroom pizza arrived it was swimming with grease and the crust was burnt in places. The mushrooms tasted odd - slightly bruised - I simply couldn't finish it. When a waitress arrived to remove my plate she asked if everything was ok. I complained that the mushrooms tasted weird and she asked if I wanted her to pack up the remaining pizza for me to take back and seemed puzzled that I refused! I decided to opt for lemon sorbet as a desert but that had a nasty chemical taste, not the fresh lemon I've come to expect from Italian ices. I hope this was a one-off bad experience - shame it spoiled the last evening of my holiday. I should have kept my coat on and stuck with the Maritim Antonine's Al Ponte, consistently excellent pizzas!

Tosca-Management, Manager at Tosca Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us with this valuable feedback, and I am extremely disappointed to read that your experience at the Tosca did not meet your expectations.

Rest assured that your comments have been seen in to, and my team promises to continue to ensure that all of our patrons get the very best in service and in product.

While hoping to welcome you back to Malta for your holidays, I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to contact me at the Tosca Restaurant, where I will be personally ensuring that your next dining experience with us will be as enjoyable as possible.

Best Regards,

Etienne Borg Catania
Tosca ... Pizza, Pasta & Grill

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Had a real good time. The food was excellent, service impeccable and a friendly atmosphere..couldn't ask for anything else. A great place to go, even with kids.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Superb attention to detail both in the ambience and the staff, with a very professional and efficient approach being taken. The waitressing skills are exemplary and nothing is too much trouble and they ensure you are getting the best deal for your money. The 10euro allowance for half board at this hotel means you can eat here of an evening if you wish with the food different and the waitressing service a nice change.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We had 2 lovely meals here, the food is top quality and the service from our lovely new friend Jessica was perfect. Jess, get in touch soon!

The restaurant is classy and feels relaxed, it is just the perfect place to spend the evening, followed by ice cream and cocktails at Puccini's next door!

Thanks for making our holiday evenings so special.

Kitty & Rob Meeks