“Good value for money”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Waitstaff
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Good value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

We ordered a some fish on the menu, but after a while we were told that they didnt have any left. As a compensation they gave us free wine. I thought the food and the service were brillant!! The waiters were smiling and always joking around with our little ones which I thought was pretty nice from them as the place was absolutly packed.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Peter M

Poole,Dorset
“excellent food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

during our stay in mellieha we visited this restaurant and found the service good and welcoming. the food was excellent as we tried the fresh ' catch of the day' of sea bream and the maltese rabbit speciality. I have no trouble to recommend this establishment to all that stay in Mellieha.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank cakebake
“Food good, service lacking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

We ordered the Maltese set menu, choosing bread with "dipping sauce of the day", followed by breaded goat cheese with fruity stuff, then chicken breast in some sort of red wine sauce (LOVELY) and "Maltese dessert".

The bread arrived quickly, no sauce. I patiently waited. Time passed, and I decided to enquire. The waitress eventually came back with a pot of pesto. It seemed like they forgot, and just gave me something to hand in the kitchen.

Goats cheese, nice, if a little hard, but it's goat cheese, right? It's not going to be all melted like camembert.

Main course, lovely, as stated above. Generous portion of chicken, a bit dry though, I almost thought they'd given me too much by mistake, but my girlfriend got the same.

"Maltese dessert". Now, at this point I expected to be given a dessert menu, a limited dessert menu for sure, but a choice nonetheless. A shockingly scruffy piece of chocolate sponge was plonked in front of me. Like, not even a "piece" of cake, but a vague collection of large crumbs. It tasted pretty awful too.

When paying they asked if everything was alright, so I gave some honest feedback, but that didn't really seem to provoke a response and we paid and left.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Dean B
Denmark
“Not as good as expected”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2010

I have to respectfully disagree with the (four, currently) positive reviews.
The good news is that the location is fantastic, overlooking the bay, and the service is polite. It's probably a nice place for a no nonsense pasta dish, but we went with the recommendation of fresh fish.

The food wasn't too good, though. The prawns were ok but few. The risotto was undercooked and contained largeish crunchy bits and pieces of prawn shells.
The filleted fish was full of bones.

The waitress asked and noted that we hadn't quite enjoyed it, and brought us our 76 Euro bill without further comment.

2 Thank Holm0n
England
“very good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2009

Dined in this restaurant three times during our week stay in mellieha, found it good value for money and the staff were extremeley friendly. We would recommend the fresh fish, which was delicious. Lovley views of the sea and sunset however occassionly noise from the "nightclub" underneath could be heard which ruined the atmosphere. However would still recommend this restaurant. :)

2 Thank Patty038