“Superb”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

First visit and will definitely go back. Excellent food with reasonable prices. Staff great and very attentive especially Maria. The manager Anton is very charming and welcoming. 10 out of 10 . Well done.

There are newer reviews for Bouquet Garni

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Often here on special occasion. Great food and even greater service. Makes the most special night even more special. Love it more every time I come back.

1  Thank Lee C
Reviewed November 29, 2013

took a friend here for his birthday on Wednesday.
Service, as always, was perfect.
The prawn bisque was divine, the main courses perfect.
I chose a local wine I had tried before but Anton [the boss] persuaded me to try another, special, wine for the same price.
great choice.
The little things, like opening the door for us entering & leaving, & taking an ashtray out to my friend having a cigarette outside, to protect him from a lingering warden, make it all worth while.
Topped off with a birthday sweet, complete with sparkler & no charge, summed up the night.
Keep up the good work

1  Thank bigkgr
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This is a small family run restaurant. The food is so fresh and excellently cooked. The fish served gives the impression of having swum onto your plate to tickle your taste buds. The owner and his family make you feel that you are now part of the extended family. Until the next visit.

1  Thank Archieiscopus
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My partner and I have just returned from a weeks stay in Mellieha and this was our highlight of the whole week!

We booked a table for the Saturday because of how busy the place was on the Friday and I am glad we did. As soon as we sat down the very charming owner came to see us and welcomed us to the establishment. It is a small, quaint and tastefully decorated little bistro situated minutes from the Solana Hotel on Triq Gorg Borg Olivier. Admittedly this is a busy road but I think we could have been anywhere once inside. The music hummed at a lovely volume allowing us to hear each other without being disturbed by other tables conversations and the dimly lit atmosphere made it quite a romantic evening.

We were recommended a Sauvignon Blanc which was superb but it was the food we had come for. The owner guided us through the menu and specials with a passion that is rarely seen in customer service in restaurants. Once we had a chance to digest all of the information he then was handed a large platter of fish that had been freshly caught and described each one perfectly allowing us to make an informed decision. I won't describe each dish but I will say that the Prawns in Bisque was exceptional and the trio of Rabbit was almost Michelin starred. My partner had groans of delight coming from her side so I can only assume she too had chosen wisely. When I tried to swoop in to taste her meals I was beaten away like a protective mother bird trying look after her eggs. This is the highest praise I could give.

All in all I would throroughly recommend this restaurant which was of superb quality and very reasonable 75 Euros for 2 excellent courses, some home baked bread and dips, and a lovely bottle of wine.

1  Thank stereophonic01