“An accidental delight”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We just happened to poke our head around the door, after seeing great menu outside. They just happened to have a table of two cancel, or else they were fully booked (always a good sign). Their loss was definitely our gain. The chap was very welcoming, I guess he was the owner. He came over to talk us through the menu, the specials and bought the fresh fish out from the kitchen to show us - we noticed he did this with every table. After we had decided on our choice, fresh bread, olives and houmous was bought to the table whilst we waited. For starters I decided on the goats cheese and beetroot starter, two of my favourite things, and did not disappoint. Hubby went for prawn bisque, again, delicious. For mains I decided on maltease lampuki, it was amazing. Hubby had steak, cooked to perfection. We struggled to finish, so opted for coffee rather than dessert. I was always going to leave a review, and wasn't a bit surprised to see it ranked number one on here. I promise you won't be disappointed if you dine here. Thank you, highly recommended

There are newer reviews for Bouquet Garni

Reviewed November 8, 2013

A very nice fish restaurant in the heart of Mellieha. Fresh fish served in a charming atmosphere. A small restaurant, but an excuisite cuisine. The service was impeccable. The choice of fish were displayed for our picking. We chose various dishes. Two of us chose the large fish platter with your choice of fish + shrimps, scallops and mousles. Everything cooked just right. Delicious.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

quality food. quality service. great atmosphere. just what we were looking for, loved everything about it. well done and keep it up!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

we ate here while on holiday and cant really fault the place friendly welcome, good food, good service, the choice was not extensive but certainly wide enough, good fresh fish well cooked if I was going to have a complaint it was that the portions were too big, the bread and dips provided was a nice touch and tasty too. maybe not quite the best place we ate in in Mellieha but close.
It was busy we manged to get a table but i would certainly recommend booking.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I made a reservation by e-mail a week prior to my visit. The restaurant is fairly small seating approximately 30 diners and whilst the menu cannot be described as extensive there was ample choice.
The greeting was warm and friendly and the explanation of the evenings specials and fish was given from the heart by the owner. The waitress brought a large platter of fish to show us whilst the owner explained what variety each was.
Our choices for starters were a chicken liver mousse coated in toasted hazlenuts and the prawn bisque. My wife described the mousse as one of the best she had eaten and my bisque was delicate both in texture and taste.
The main chosen from the fish plater was a large Mediterranean Meagre at 19 Euro per person, it simply cooked and all the better for it. The flesh was succulent and sweet and cooked to perfection.
There were accompanying vegetables and potatoes served in separate dishes.
Desserts were a warm chocolate brownie with ice cream and a sticky toffee pudding. The brownie was probably the best we have had and the sticky toffee pudding was high up there as well.
The choice of wine was recommended by the owner, a Sauvingon Blanc from Chile at 16.50 Euro, an excellent choice to go with the fish.
We both had coffee to conclude the meal and to finish off the owner brought some chilled lemoncello liquer 'on the house'.
The total bill came to 90 Euro which I thought was good value for such a high quality meal.
I would gladly recommend anyone to visit this restaurant but make sure you book in advance as so many people turned up without resrevations only to be turned away.