“Just brilliant”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We visited this restaurant this week after finding it on trip advisor.The whole experience was excellent from start to finish.The owner and staff were Very friendly and attentive and the food lovely,they even gave my grandson a free desert with candle for his 3rd birthday even though it was not for 2 days after our visit.We will definitely be going back if we visit Malta again

Write a ReviewReviews (1,384)

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Found this restaurant by fluke, but so glad we did. The staff are very welcoming. Suggest booking as always busy. The owner prides himself with the platter of fresh fish, which my partner would highly recommend. Good choice of wine and food on menu. We had 3 courses a bottle of wine and water all at a reasonable price for the quality of the food. Small cosy restaurant, friendly and inviting atmosphere. Best meal in Mellieha Bay!!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

This place was genuinely so good I've thought about it every day between the date of our visit (25/10/12) and finally getting around to writing this review (05/01/2013). I was trying to let the words season and flavour to do it justice. Instead, I'll just list its superlative attractions in the most fitting way I think possible. First up, that rarest of things; a genuinely entertaining and friendly proprietor, who was so so accommodating to us in particular in our late-in-the-day attempt to book a table. He eases you through your dining experience as if your fondest family members are waiting on you all night. The place is perfectly lit, with intuitively placed tables deceiving the eye as to its size. There's also a dollop of Renaissance splendour if you're lucky enough to secure the table set in the French windows (even if the view from it on the aforesaid 25th Oct of the Christmas Shop opposite was more than a little incongruous). But all these are mere incidentals to the primary reason you will visit. The food. Ahhh the food! Fish enthusiasts will be treated to a fly-past from the most enticing platter of daily specials, the local gem Lampuki particularly gleaming with pride. If that selection was anything to go by, they won't be disappointed by any stretch of the imagination. Pretty much fish perfection. I'm assured by my dining partner that evening that the pasta with clams was every bit as impressive. Imqaret (date slices) for dessert - this seemed the place to try the domestic specialties in real treat fashion - was absolutely fantastic. The portions are perfectly handsome and yet you leave feeling indulged but not spoilt. Totally spot on! If you're in the North Western part of the island - hell, if you're on Malta at all - go to this restaurant on your designated special night. It's every bit worth the bus ride there and back, and if you're already one of the initiated you'll realise just how massive an endorsement that is. 5 out of 5, 10 out 10, whatever your scale, this'll threaten to tip it over.

1  Thank RUTHAZ
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have been to Bouquet Garni several times, the food is always Great with a fantastic atmosphere. Definitely the place to go for every occasion.

1  Thank Ellieanne M
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I returned to Malta for the New Year period and booked a table at Bouquet Garni to celebrate New Years Eve with my signficant other.

Majority of tables were occupied by couples who seemed to enjoy the evening as much as we did.

A simple but delicious 6 course meal which was timed perfectly to co-incide with the chiming of bells at midnight.

Well done to all the staff who made the evening a memorable one!

Chris from London